I personally thought Bruce was the absolute worst announcer, until....

No way. Michael Williams is way better than the Bruce Buffer.

Michael Buffer is better than Bruce Buffer too.

I heard Michael C Williams.

The guy sounds like a broken, skipping record.
Big John is terrible at his new job also. I like Goldie but I hope Big John is getting paid well. He doesn't have the skill set for his new job. At least the judges did their job and now Lima is the champ again. Rory wanted no part of the exchanges. Either try the takedowns (which all failed) or fight against the cage. Lima's standup was too much for Rory. Rory danced the whole fight.

Not a big Buffer or MCW fan, but I think the One FC guy is worse.

ANYBODY is better than Bruce Buffer.

I don’t understand why they keep the annoyance around.

Everyone loves hating successful people

I have been sayin this for years....Bruce Buffoon Buffer is a cheesy, cartoonish, over the top goof.....

He makes the UFC look like a clown circus but I guess he knows how to suck on Dana’s balls so he will stay.

To my knowledge and a quick search of the web Frank has never addressed it. I would imagine because the story is so absurd. If a 5 year old girl said she beat me up I wouldn't go out and make a public statement denying it. It would look petty for Frank to get upset about it. Bruce is a notorious scum bag. I would never trust anything he said. Although did I ever tell you about the time I beat up Muhammed Ali in a parking lot in Alabama in the 70's?

Frank never addressed it because at the time, he was working for Pride FC as a color commentator and now that the organization was being absorbed into Zuffa, he wanted to get a job with the UFC. Of course he has to bite his tongue in order to avoid unnecessary backstage politics. Utter sliminess on Bruce's part, I should say.

Well Bruce, mainly because he is a pompous asshole that constantly brags, thinks he is the best at everything(Announcing, Texas hold em, fighting, with women...etc), and claimed he beat one of the best fighters in the world at the time in a fight. Do you believe the story? Do you believe that Frank sucker punched him for no reason, it didn't faze him, then he hit a 2 punch gut shot combo on Frank, and then proceeded to win a fight against the #2 Welterweight in the world as they descended 10 floors? Oh and then of course he went out and banged a hot chick.
Someone needs to hit up Trigg to get to the bottom of this moronic story....Maybe Trigg was way drunk and fell over after slapping Buffer....that may be more accurate.

Guys - cmon. How can you really hate Bruce Buffer (or most ring announcers)? Their job is to announce the upcoming fighters and create a little hype. He rarely gets things wrong and does his job well IMO.
Is it because you think you think his job is super easy and you can do it better? The perks alone make it a badass job and getting paid good money to do it makes it an easy topic for Sherbros but I highly doubt any of you complaint can do better.
Shut up you fool....Bufoon Buffer is annoying AF.

Everyone loves hating successful people
That's a pretty blanketed statement. You're comment wasn't specifically directed at me, but as one of the people that doesn't like Bruce I will respond. I've never disliked anyone in my entire life based on the level of their success, but simply because someone is successful doesn't mean they are impervious to criticism. Good on anyone for achieving financial stability or fame, but there are certainly levels of respectability. I respect Carl Sagan more than I respect Khloe Kardashian. Bill Cosby was hugely successful and he was a serial rapist. Jeffrey Epstein, Michael Jackson and other pedophiles were talented in their fields but it doesn't mean that they aren't fucking scum. Maybe people just think that Bruce isn't a good guy, and therefore don't like him.

Aww don't be mad, tiny man. Just my opinion lil guy!
It’s fine but you should totally be able to see why people would hate on a clownish, jumping, sweating, shrieking, surgically enhanced abs having old whacko.

Also, I am 6’2 and around 215.... so not too little.

{<buffer}

AND NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE MAIIIIIIN EVENT OF THE EVENING

BROUGHT TO YOU BY
DEVOUR!
THE UNBELIEVABLY
CHEESY
AND MEATY FROZEN PIZZAS

I've been muting his introductions for a long time.

If you read, was actually trying to talk about how bad Michael C Williams is.
Lol - if I read?! My reading comprehension is top notch - do you not realize you started the thread with "I thought Bruce Buffer was the absolute worst......"
I think it is moreso people thinking that BB job is easy and they are a bit jealous. It has to be a tough job to get into and his brother is the boxing #1.
But he does everything fine IMO:
- don't make mistakes
- create a little hype without favoritism
- Use your catchphrase during the main event
- give the hosting city props during the main event

Wait a minute, his job is easy and I think I can do it! BRB, gotta think of my catchphrase!

It’s fine but you should totally be able to see why people would hate on a clownish, jumping, sweating, shrieking, surgically enhanced abs having old whacko.

Also, I am 6’2 and around 215.... so not too little.
He doesn't really do that "cartoonish" stuff until the main event though. And people that know enough about his abs probably hate him just enough to follow him on social media.

As far as the swearing- it's hot in there under those lights especially wearing a full suit.

I get it though - he announced 11-13 fights per card and he's always there, one of the faces of the UFC for a job that seems super easy and come with great perks. I'm a little jealous myself but think he can do it better than me.

Until I come up with a better catchphrase than "Itttttts time" anyways lol

Bruce Buffer is fucking horrible but he is a UFC staple. Imagine them bringing in a more annoying shitbag. We'd all be longing for the days of Bruce Buffer the way we long for the days of George Dubya Bush.

Bruce Buffer is definitely the best MMA announcer. I didn't like him when he first started with the UFC but he soon developed his own style and I've grown to appreciate it.
Every time I was a card with a different announcer I'm reminded of Buffer's excellence. Nobody else comes close.
Martinez is OK, but I hate his "make some noise" tag.
Williams is annoying because he uses an old-fashioned boxing-style voice and adds vowel syllables to the end-eh of words-ah. It's a phony affected unnatural voice.

Yall are crazy, Bruce Buffer is a great announcer, always nails the names, intensity and is perfectly consistent. I see no reason to say hes the worst announcer

Back