"I ripped the condom. Burn. I got you." -- gay man on HIV rampage taunted victims

One of the more disturbing things I have heard people do in gay subculture is 'bug chasing'

<{clintugh}>

Maybe some of them want to share their high score with others

I initially posted a youtube video covering that subject, but after rewatching part of it just felt like it was too much to take and removed it. But apparently there is a subset of gay men who are into "bug chasing" and "gift giving" and I guess a percentage of those are into giving it to others without consent.

Well to be fair there's this from your article
Supporters of the change said the current law requires an intent to transmit HIV to justify a felony, but others noted cases have been prosecuted where there was no physical contact, so there was an argument intent was lacking.
so presumably the cunt in the OP would still get charged in Cali since he obviously had the intent to transmit the infection. I gather that the misdemeanor is having sex with someone without disclosing your HIV status while also lacking the intent to transmit it, so if you're on the right meds which reduce transmission rates and use a condom while keeping your status a secret you'd get the misdemeanor.

California is right.

and the other person has HIV....And they know it, but say nothing...Yet the non infected person has unprotected sex with em...Fuck em, is there fault.

The law shouldn't intervene...maybe next time, that person shouldn't have a unprotected sex.

the fact that you believe this, should ban you from any further War Room Discussion.

Disgusting, and I will not respond further. Fucking gutter trash.

You are an absolute piece of trash as a person.

I initially posted a youtube video covering that subject, but after rewatching part of it just felt like it was too much to take and removed it. But apparently there is a subset of gay men who are into "bug chasing" and "gift giving" and I guess a percentage of those are into giving it to others without consent.

Yeah I don't even want to try to understand how someone could get that deranged

Neither would keeping it the way it was, so....

The fact is that studies showed, or at least allowed lawmakers to reasonably conclude, that the current disparate policies had a negative impact on the whole and that the issue would be better addressed by amending the laws to their current form, consistent with other statutes on similar issues.
Not disagreeing with the need to revise for consistency, but in the end that mattered not one bit as he disregarded anyways.

Not disagreeing with the need to revise for consistency, but in the end that mattered not one bit as he disregarded anyways.

Yeah, that's true. But policies aren't meant to prevent single acts, but trends in the aggregate, and can't be reasonably expected to end all incidence of crime. If a policy demonstrably lowers incidence of something, but one guy still commits the crime, that doesn't really cut against the policy.

Well to be fair there's this from your article

so presumably the cunt in the OP would still get charged in Cali since he obviously had the intent to transmit the infection. I gather that the misdemeanor is having sex with someone without disclosing your HIV status while also lacking the intent to transmit it, so if you're on the right meds which reduce transmission rates and use a condom while keeping your status a secret you'd get the misdemeanor.
Ok that sounds more reasonable

Ok that sounds more reasonable

How so? It is still having sex, knowing you have it.... just only lacking intent. That is what the call negligence, and you should be at fault.

The only way it would make sense is is the wording including that the person who did the infecting did not know that the were infected.

You all are wacky.

There is no excuse for any policy to leave a middle ground.

How so? It is still having sex, knowing you have it.... just only lacking intent. That is what the call negligence, and you should be at fault.

The only way it would make sense is is the wording including that the person who did the infecting did not know that the were infected.

You all are wacky.

There is no excuse for any policy to leave a middle ground.
Part of the reason they changed the law is that modern meds significantly reduce the chances of transmission. The POS in the OP consciously stopped taking those meds so that he can infect others.
Doctors believed he was "coping well" with the diagnosis but became concerned when he refused medicine that would make him less contagious. They explained he would be breaking the law if he engaged in unprotected sex and he gave them assurances that he would not.

Part of the reason they changed the law is that modern meds significantly reduce the chances of transmission. The POS in the OP consciously stopped taking those meds so that he can infect others.

I am a RN an am well aware of anti-virals, and the HIV therapies involved.

That is absolutely vile.

Does a man being much less prone to infection, based on anatomy, give them any right to knowling pass it on to a female, because he himself is less prone? The person that the indivudual with HIV is not on the same medications, just like a woman does not have the same reproductive organs as a man.

You people are delusional as all hell, lol.

I imagine the other big aspect is a lot of these guys who get HIV get super spiteful that someone else fucked them over and then want to do the same thing to others.

I am a RN an am well aware of anti-virals, and the HIV therapies involved.

That is absolutely vile.

Does a man being much less prone to infection, based on anatomy, give them any right to knowling pass it on to a female, because he himself is less prone? The person that the indivudual with HIV is not on the same medications, just like a woman does not have the same reproductive organs as a man.

You people are delusional as all hell, lol.
Its still a crime just a misdemeanor. I'll admit I'm not too knowledgeable on HIV meds, not exactly something I have a vested interest in. If the chances are still high enough I think its fucked up to keep your status secret and perhaps it should still be a felony.

Its still a crime just a misdemeanor. I'll admit I'm not too knowledgeable on HIV meds, not exactly something I have a vested interest in. If the chances are still high enough I think its fucked up to keep your status secret and perhaps it should still be a felony.

It absolutely should be, since it basically ruins someones life.

Perhaps you should read into these therapies before commenting.

As someone who is a RN in a nursing home, I can confirm that these medications cost lots of money and can cause a denial into a nursing home.

In addition to the constant lab work, co pays, doctor appointments.

Not only am I a RN, but I also have a chronic illness (tho mine if not a STD), and know the plagues of dealing with the medical system.

You all are retarded to even comment on such a thing, without knowing any background.

Laughable.

edit: just to reinforce... medicare provide an additional rate for HIV/AIDs patients, but it still does not cover their medications and outpatient appointments. So they are not viable patients.

It absolutely should be, since it basically ruins someones life.

Perhaps you should read into these therapies before commenting.

As someone who is a RN in a nursing home, I can confirm that these medications cost lots of money and can cause a denial into a nursing home.

In addition to the constant lab work, co pays, doctor appointments.

Not only am I a RN, but I also have a chronic illness (tho mine if not a STD), and know the plagues of dealing with the medical system.

You all are retarded to even comment on such a thing, without knowing any background.

Laughable.
How much do the meds reduce the chances of transmission? That's the relevant point here.

Also commenting on stuff is the point of a forum...

Yeah, that's true. But policies aren't meant to prevent single acts, but trends in the aggregate, and can't be reasonably expected to end all incidence of crime. If a policy demonstrably lowers incidence of something, but one guy still commits the crime, that doesn't really cut against the policy.
I am sure that makes the victims of this life long affliction feel comfort at night.

Back