I said it about Lee after the Fergy fight, and I'll say it again after this one - dude is a...

RyTrapp0

often mutilated, rarely duplicated
@Orange
Reaction score
QUITTER

Don't worry, I know, ya'lls excuses are incoming - just like last time
But, facts are facts. He QUIT when he was in Tony's guard, left that triangle WIDE THE FUCK OPEN(go back and watch that shit, he gives Tony all the time in the world to throw his legs up and lock it in, before only beginning to 'defend' it after it was clearly already too late) - and, yet again, against RDA he QUITS as soon as that awful final takedown attempt utterly fails.
He literally just stays there on all fours, waiting for RDA to pull his foot out, regain his balance, run back over to him, and finally jump his back. Then, after RDA turns him over onto his back, he wraps his arm around Lee's neck and begins the process of the arm triangle - and Lee just lays there, giving RDA all the time in the world to lock in the arm triangle, before FINALLY attempting some half assed defense after he knew it was already too late.

He wanted out, plain and simple. Dude is an absolutely extraordinary athlete, he has all the talent in the world, as much as ANYONE short of Jones on the roster, he even has well above average promo cutting skills(regardless of whether or not you like it, he generates legit buzz before his fights) - but his fight IQ is absolute shit("...huh, the first 2 rounds of takedown attempts failed? I better go for more in the 3rd round..." - HUH?!?!), and his heart absolutely crumbles when someone that can match him strength for strength, skill for skill pushes his conditioning to the limit.
Also, his corner blows - "He's[RDA] getting tired" - are you fuckin' kidding me?! Your fighter began sucking wind after the first round, tell him he needs to get his shit together, stop grappling, and fight SMARTER.

Hope no one is putting money on this guy - dude is gonna QUIT and make you pay EVERY. TIME.

Agreed except he's not the second most talented fighter on the roster lol. He has a fairly explosive double leg, good top game and long reach for his height, but that's about it IMO.

That was one of the most grueling fights in a long time.

Lee fought hard.

RDA just better... had great game plan with the takedowns....

I think there are good fights for Lee at 170 and he is young enough to be top 10 maybe.

That back take by RDA in the 4th was quick and I think it surprised Lee more than he quit.

And I don’t like Lee

Yup he sure did quit when barboza almost ko'd him too

EXACTLY! Quits faster that gsp taps to strikes. Quits faster than McNuggets plays touchbutt in the Park. Quits faster than dana bee lines to the buffet line.
QUITS!

I don't think he "quit" so to speak. He just isn't as good as he thinks he is. I don't even like Lee but I was yelling at the screen for him to do something. His striking is terrible, with a 77inch reach at 5'9 he should be putting combinations together instead of one jab and a body kick. I mean the guy spent good amount of time at the mayweather gym and it looks like he never threw a punch in his life. And his supposedly bread and butter (Wrestling/grappling) is very over rated. He doesn't know how to set up at takedown. He wastes all of his energy trying to take down guys against the cage. He might be the most over-rated/hyped fighter in a long time.

Agreed except he's not the second most talented fighter on the roster lol. He has a fairly explosive double leg, good top game and long reach for his height, but that's about it IMO.
I mean, I was just trying to be nice after writing up that first half of the post, LOL. He has some legit skills, as he proved against the likes of Chiesa, Trinaldo - but, damn, when he starts to gas, he just shuts the fuck down. The skills that he does have disappear, and he turns into a brainless wrestler that can't mentally recover.

Actually, it's pretty strange to see someone who was a high school and collegiate wrestler(not that he was 'spectacular' or anything) just mentally shut down like this...

IIRC wasn't Lee Sherdog's hope to beat Khabib?

I don't see extreme athleticism

He's pretty average in that area. Just strong.

I mean, I was just trying to be nice after writing up that first half of the post, LOL. He has some legit skills, as he proved against the likes of Chiesa, Trinaldo - but, damn, when he starts to gas, he just shuts the fuck down. The skills that he does have disappear, and he turns into a brainless wrestler that can't mentally recover.

Actually, it's pretty strange to see someone who was a high school and collegiate wrestler(not that he was 'spectacular' or anything) just mentally shut down like this...
If you gas you're suppose to shut down. Just like if your car runs out of gas it won run anymore. It's a testament of going balls to the wall from the start.

Khabib's dad, Tony and Al called this, dude has no heart, if the fight is not going at his pace or starts getting away from him, he crumbles.

Hmm who would Quit first if no one got KO'd first round McGregor or Lee

If you gas you're suppose to shut down. Just like if your car runs out of gas it won run anymore. It's a testament of going balls to the wall from the start.
There's a pretty massive difference between physically shutting down and mentally shutting down - and, if you're capable of holding your own on the UFC roster(he likely won't lose enough to get cut anyway...), you're most certainly not supposed to have mental toughness issues.

That's like saying that Jones "should've" quit against Gus in their first fight, Silva "should've" quit against Chael, Frankie "should've" quit before even signing the contract against Maynard, Boetsch "should've" quit against Okami, Elkins "should've" quit against Bektic, Miesha "should've" quit against Holly, Royce "should've" quit against Severn, Derrick Lewis "should've" quit in every one of his fights,... - I mean, if you came here just to quit when it starts to really get hard, then why the fuck are you here?

I don't see extreme athleticism

He's pretty average in that area. Just strong.
Considering that he wins all of his fights by brute force he's showing extreme athleticism.

He's never been in the cage with a better athlete than him.

Could see him improving vastly if he went to a different gym. Trevor Whitman or Mark Henry wild be great for him I think

Back