I still think Aldo would have beat Khabib

BerrySmartGuy2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Styles makes fights and Aldo is a bad match up to any wrestler. I know Khabib is a pretty big dude but I am sure Aldo would have bulked up for it and gotten some good size in him. Stand up there is no doubt Aldo trashes Khabib. I wished Khabib wouldnt have said no when Aldo offered to fight him. I feel jipped he said no to it. Its as if he didnt want to fight him and made some bullshit excuse of Aldo being too small for him.

Khabib is way too big and talented of a chain wrestler for Aldo to stop his takedowns like single shot much smaller wrestlers at 145.

Khabib will take down Aldo at will. Theres a reason for weight classes. Not only that, Aldo may have great tdd for singles and doubles but there is zero guarantee he'd be able to stop Khabib from dumping him on his head from the clinch. People who think Aldo's tdd will be the same at LW are retarded. It will most likely turn out to be what GSP did to Penn's stellar tdd in their 2nd fight.

Khabib is way too big and talented of a chain wrestler for Aldo to stop his takedowns like single shot much smaller wrestlers at 145.

Come on now, lets not exaggerate. Khabib is about 5'9 with Aldo being 5'7. Aldo could easily put on some muscle gain and add some weight and we have a super Aldo at LW. Aldo also has very likely the best TDD in the history of the sport. I am aware how good Khabib is but Aldo is also a beast at stopping guys from wanting to take him down.

You mixed 'think' with 'dream', buddeh.

Khabib will take down Aldo at will. Theres a reason for weight classes. Not only that, Aldo may have great tdd for singles and doubles but there is zero guarantee he'd be able to stop Khabib from dumping him on his head from the clinch. People who think Aldo's tdd will be the same at LW are retarded. It will most likely turn out to be what GSP did to Penn's stellar tdd in their 2nd fight.

Penn had good TDD but he is not as good as Aldo in terms of TDD. We are talking about probably the best TDD in the sport. Penn was good but he wasnt no Aldo. Also I am sure Aldo would do right by adding size correctly if he were to go up in weight, unlike Unmotivated Penn. People who dont think Aldo has a shot at beating Khabib are retarded IMO

Styles makes fights and Aldo is a bad match up to any wrestler. I know Khabib is a pretty big dude but I am sure Aldo would have bulked up for it and gotten some good size in him. Stand up there is no doubt Aldo trashes Khabib. I wished Khabib wouldnt have said no when Aldo offered to fight him. I feel jipped he said no to it. Its as if he didnt want to fight him and made some bullshit excuse of Aldo being too small for him.
Sorry, but Aldo is too small. Khabib would literally die trying to make FW.

Sorry, but Aldo is too small. Khabib would literally die trying to make FW.

When Aldo would put up those videos of him struggling to make FW everyone called him too big, now he is too small lol. Khabib is 2 inches taller. What do you mean by too big? I am sure Aldo can add some more muscle for LW.

When Aldo would put up those videos of him struggling to make FW everyone called him too big, now he is too small lol. Khabib is 2 inches taller. What do you mean by too big? I am sure Aldo can add some more muscle for LW.
Aldo can add some muscle, but he can't add frame size. Despite what some popular media might make you think, height and a bigger frame in general are an advantage in wrestling, because they provide you with more leverage. Aldo's TDD effectiveness would be significantly diminished at LW simply because he would be fighting guys with bigger frames: guys like Khabib, Lee or Ferguson.

Aldo can add some muscle, but he can't add frame size. Despite what some popular media might make you think, height and a bigger frame in general are an advantage in wrestling, because they provide you with more leverage. Aldo's TDD effectiveness would be significantly diminished at LW simply because he would be fighting guys with bigger frames: guys like Khabib, Lee or Ferguson.

I always heard that in wrestling it is better to be the smaller guy. Why is being the bigger guy better at wrestling now?

Come on now, lets not exaggerate. Khabib is about 5'9 with Aldo being 5'7. Aldo could easily put on some muscle gain and add some weight and we have a super Aldo at LW. Aldo also has very likely the best TDD in the history of the sport. I am aware how good Khabib is but Aldo is also a beast at stopping guys from wanting to take him down.
If Khabib is 5'9 then Aldo is 5'5 at most. Look how much bigger he is than him. Fact is, Khabib would be 100 times the chain wrestler that anyone that Aldo's faced and much bigger and stronger. Khabib gives LHWs all they can handle in training, there's just too much of a difference in the strength and size department, and for a guy that's a grappler and known to be incredibly strong even for his size, that's a problem.

khabib_nurmagomedov_BlsQe2GHgzo.jpg

I always heard that in wrestling it is better to be the smaller guy. Why is being the bigger guy better at wrestling now?
Being bigger means having longer limbs. Having longer limbs, means having more leverage. Remember Jon Roids effortlessly ankle picking Cormier? He can do that because he has long-ass limbs and is tall as fook.

I really hope you aren’t serious. Aldo would have exactly zero chance to beat Khabib.

I think Aldo would do much better than what people think but he would get taken down, I think would lose to a decision. Khabib strength & power would be the factor.

Aldo starts fading in the 3rd rd onwards now, what do you think happens if he bulks up? He might be able to stop the takedown for the first two rounds but then eventually he'll be too tired to do it later in the fight and Khabib only needs one takedown to fuck you up

Being bigger means having longer limbs. Having longer limbs, means having more leverage. Remember Jon Roids effortlessly ankle picking Cormier? He can do that because he has long-ass limbs and is tall as fook.

That wasnt my question. I said people before said being the smaller guys, smaller stockier build was better when you wrestled. Is it now that the bigger you are, taller, longer limbs more effective than being bigger?

I think Aldo would do much better than what people think but he would get taken down, I think would lose to a decision. Khabib strength & power would be the factor.

Yeah I dont get it. To hell Al didnt do that bad against Khabib and he aint no Aldo or has the TDD that Aldo has and people dont want to give aldo any chance? Thats laughable. Now everyone's acting as if Aldo is some midget when he is 2 inches smaller than Khabib. I believe there is a reason Khabib declined that fight and it is cause of who Aldo is.

Aldo’s TD defense is fantastic but when really makes him the wrestler killer is how he denies the shot with his footwork. There is no way that Aldo gets taken down off the sort of single leg that Khabib pulled on Conor from halfway across the cage. Speaking of which: Aldo’s knees are >>> than Conor’s.

Yeah I dont get it. To hell Al didnt do that bad against Khabib and he aint no Aldo or has the TDD that Aldo has and people dont want to give aldo any chance? Thats laughable. Now everyone's acting as if Aldo is some midget when he is 2 inches smaller than Khabib. I believe there is a reason Khabib declined that fight and it is cause of who Aldo is.
"2 inches smaller". Aldo is probably a legit 5'6 and Khabib is 5'9.5.khabib_nurmagomedov_BlsQe2GHgzo.jpg

Back