I think I have purchased my first pair of old man shoes...

Cherry Brigand

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Got pretty bad plantar fasciitis in both my feet last year. It's largely fixed through PT and orthotics. My running days are probably over so I've been doing a lot of walking and have been doing so in my running shoes. So I went looking for a pair of walking shoes. Amazon had the try before you buy option and they just arrived.

They're pretty comfortable so far but they...are probably...old man shoes. Thoughts?

61iQA0C5zWL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Comfort over style = Old man?

Edit: one of them even squeaks.

<{cruzshake}>

Got pretty bad plantar fasciitis in both my feet last year. It's largely fixed through PT and orthotics. My running days are probably over so I've been doing a lot of walking and have been doing so in my running shoes. So I went looking for a pair of walking shoes. Amazon had the try before you buy option and they just arrived.

They're pretty comfortable so far but they...are probably...old man shoes. Thoughts?

<{cruzshake}>
Isn't that standard issue shoes that murrcan men wear with white socks and poorly tailored khaki pants?

I have some sketchers like that, and they're up there with the best running shoes I've ever had.

They look like shit but they are light and fit my feet perfectly. Erosion at the back hasn't been much of a issue either.

They've been ran into the ground though. I'll be throwing them out shortly.

Those are hot on the streets right now. You should definitely rock them.

<{cruzshake}>

Re you sure it's the shoes squeaking and not you?

Those are not old man shoes because they have laces. Old man shoes either have Velcro closures or elastic because we can't bend over to tie them.

Unless you have nice calves, that color automatically makes you look old fashion.
Grey is such an ugly color for shoes.

Yea that's super lame. Get some timberlands.

Also if one squeaks the sole is fucked up. Return that shite.

I'm so close to buying Johnston & Murphy golf shoes, I have a pair of their casual trainers, which are nice with jeans but the shoe inserts are like walking on clouds. I walk when I play golf so go through shoes pretty quickly and I figure they'd be great to walk 18 holes in. Issue is that they look like old man sport shoes.

You should just get orthopedic insoles for your feet instead. I had plantar's a few times in my life. I always get it when I start training again after a long time off. It tends to happen after I jump rope barefoot on the wooden floor or concrete without warming up my ankles/calves.

You don't really need to get dad shoes. You should look into a lacrosse ball, accupoint or accumobility ball. Just rolling on it really helped my heel pain. Insoles are the main thing that helped. It also makes you like 1/2 an inch taller....

Are Mephisto shoes also old man shoes ?
Some of them look good.

New Balance shoes are comfortable as fuck, I always kept a fresh pair for work cause i was on my feet all day and my dogs would be howling in pain when I got home, until I switched to New Balance

Give a shit about the old man jokes, my dogs is snuggled and soft and purring away, thats the good shit right there

Can't you just get something not ugly and buy some Dr Sholl's? I wear Polo Shoes. Not much cushion but if I need it I have some Dr Sholl's.

Back