I think this forum sleeps on Dillian Whyte a little

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Title. I enjoy watching the guy fight. Seems to be the only hw will literally fight anyone. The Browne Ko was pretty spectacular imo. He rocked AJ and had a tough round by round struggle with him. Had the really fun fight with Chisora.

He is at the world level.

Now. I think Wilder is a bad matchup for him, as is Ortiz. But I like the guy as a fighter. Yeah he is kinda a dingus outside the ring. But I typically enjoy guys who are a little wild and talk shit. So he is ok in my book

Not by me. The guy can fight

Think hes rated just fine. Hes done fairly well so far but needs a signature win to really put him on the map.

Hurting AJ doesnt do anything for me, I really dont know why he gets so much credit for that. It would be the same if we were to praise Molina because he hurt Wilder. The outcomes were the same, they got their ass beat.

Anyway, enjoy his fights and hope to see him and Ortiz have it out sooner than later.

I said it before on other threads, hes the UK version of Jarrell Miller.

Both ranked similarly, same pro success for now, same body types, both successful pro kickboxers, same amount of hype ATM

Unlike Miller though, Whyte had FOTY contender last year.

I said it before on other threads, hes the UK version of Jarrell Miller.

Both ranked similarly, same pro success for now, same body types, both successful pro kickboxers, same amount of hype ATM

Unlike Miller though, Whyte had FOTY contender last year.
They should make Miller-Whyte.
I think Whyte beats him handily.

Whyte is a decent fighter, but not anything special, i think he struggles with all of the top guys

I also think his hurting Joshua gets way too much credit, he got absolutely demolished in a fight where Joshua actually played to all of Whytes strengths and still beat him

I think he's rated about right. Got a few who over rate and under rate him but it's about right. He need a stand out win as has been said. Lucas browne looked like shit in his last fight and doesn't quite cut it. The chisora fight was good but it was also close.

World level?

Not yet, he still needs that big win to take him up a level

I'd put him in the same bracket as Joseph Parker, still needs to beat someone of note to really arrive on the scene, i dont think either fighter is good enough though

In saying that, i wouldnt really class anyone who isnt named Joshua, Wilder, Povetkin or Ortiz world class right now, so we are a bit thin on the ground on real world class heavyweights

And i think out of those 4, Povetkin and Ortiz look like they are another loss away from calling it quits as they arent getting any younger

Back