I thought Bo Nickal was supposed to ragdoll people when he got hold of them

When? There was no Leech v Khamzat moment. He took his back a few times and I was expecting a trip to suplex city for Bundage but it never came

Stupid to waste that much energy to get a takedown like that. Thats why Kumshot gasses after the 1st round and nearly gets beat by an off the couch welterweight. Brundage was absolutely exhausted after the 1st. That's a testament to the level of grappling Bo has. Grapple with someone levels above you, it's physically exhausting even when it seems like they're not doing much.

Maybe his wrestling style isn't as flashy but it was effective. Not sure how it will work against the elite contenders though.

It's hilarious that people are talking like this guy scraped through a war. He dominated his opponent on the ground and choked him out in the 2nd round.

Oh man, it took Bo longer than a minute to finally beat someone. This guy is a jabroni.

Literally his ground advantage was the only reason why he won the fight easily. Argument makes no sense, his standup was where he struggled...just because he wasn't able to tap out a UFC veteran in 30 seconds doesn't mean his ground game isn't good.

Only 6 fights but constantly compares himself to Chimaev. Chimaev KTFO'd an undefeated combat sambo champion in his 5th fight, Aliskerov.

If someone is a special talent, you can usually see it very early, albeit a very raw version of it. Jones was in the UFC ragdolling solid vets 8 months after his debut. Bo is 3 years in.
Jones was on steroids and had a huge size and reach advantage over his opponents his first few fights were dog shit

His opponent made it to the second round. Nickel is a bum.
The hate is unreal.

Reading the comments since saturday and you would think the guy was in a 5 round war that went to a decision.

Lawd have mercy if his opponents ever makes it to a 3rd round.

I don't know what your definition of ragdoll is but he dragged his opponent to the ground and dominated him, then subbed him in the second. That fits my criteria.

Rory Macdonald vs Nate Diaz comes to mind as a good example. Dragging to the ground and hanging on someone's back isn't ragdolling them. Ragdolling someone is throwing them around with little to no resistance.

Rory Macdonald vs Nate Diaz comes to mind as a good example. Dragging to the ground and hanging on someone's back isn't ragdolling them. Ragdolling someone is throwing them around with little to no resistance.

Mount and back mount are the two most dominant positions on the ground you can have. Rory couldn't even get Nate to the ground in the first round. In the third when he was landing those throws you're referring to it's because Nate kept getting back up.

Mount and back mount are the two most dominant positions on the ground you can have. Rory couldn't even get Nate to the ground in the first round. In the third when he was landing those throws you're referring to it's because Nate kept getting back up.

All I remember from Rory vs Nate is Nate being tossed around like a child (ragdolled). Maybe I should have used Khamzat vs Li as an example because the entire fight was a ragdolling.

I didn't say mount and back mount weren't dominant positions. I laughed at someone saying Bo ragdolled Brundage, he didn't.

All I remember from Rory vs Nate is Nate being tossed around like a child (ragdolled). Maybe I should have used Khamzat vs Li as an example because the entire fight was a ragdolling.

I didn't say mount and back mount weren't dominant positions. I laughed at someone saying Bo ragdolled Brundage, he didn't.

Dude, he manhandled him. Granted, Brundage isn't Nate but it was a domination. If you have to keep taking your opponent down over and over it means you keep losing position.

If his name was Bo Nurmagomedov you’d all be talking about how great he is.

For the people making excuses for Bo, understand that he was -2100. When you're -2100, the expectation is an absolute slaughter within minutes. If he was -500 or even -600, yea, that performance was about what people would expect. -2100 is easily 1 of the most lopsided lines of the yr for UFC, if not the biggest favourite of any UFC fight this yr

Jones was on steroids and had a huge size and reach advantage over his opponents his first few fights were dog shit
Probably right about the roids. Wrong about the rest. His second fight was Stephan Bonnar, who was huge, and he dominated him like he had never been dominated before.

That would be equivalent to Bo fighting and dominating someone like Brad Tavares 2 years ago.

Back