I wish dog cafes were a thing

ezgif.com-gif-maker-21-1.gif
Dafuq is that monstrosity? Lol

First. how/why, whe, wtf did you do to get carded?

2nd. Mileage may vary at the dog park. My son told me at the pooch park here, that some guy showed up with no dog, and an empty kids stroller. Some poodle parents actually called the cops on the creep.

Can he actually get in trouble for that? Sounds like one of those things that is creepy but not necessarily illegal.

he's right though, they still have their annual dog meat festival each year in Yulin, many of the dogs are domestic pets stolen from homes to be slaughtered, cooked and hung up like decorations

fuck those guys
The Chinese aren't a monolith, they are individuals despite racist assumptions of everyone looking the same or having no mind or opinion of their own due to tEh CcP.
Dog eating isn't part of mainstream Chinese culture, the average person in Yulin doesn't even eat dog meat. Domestically there has been growing opposition against the practice. Pigs and chickens live just as horrible a life on an immeasurable scale in the West, but they're not considered as cuddly as dogs, even though they're just as cognizant as them. So spare us the selective indignation if you happily consume other kinds of meat.

The Chinese aren't a monolith, they are individuals despite racist assumptions of everyone looking the same or having no mind or opinion of their own due to tEh CcP.
Dog eating isn't part of mainstream Chinese culture, the average person in Yulin doesn't even eat dog meat. Domestically there has been growing opposition against the practice. Pigs and chickens live just as horrible a life on an immeasurable scale in the West, but they're not considered as cuddly as dogs, even though they're just as cognizant as them. So spare us the selective indignation if you happily consume other kinds of meat.
You wanna take a wild guess whether I read your pompous arsed post or not

You wanna take a wild guess whether I read your pompous arsed post or not
You read it all the way through, or else you couldn't even have come to that conclusion, genius. But I'll let you slither away, no use in continuing this discussion.

My local humane society has a volunteer dog walkers program. Might be worth a call to your local animal shelter. Never met a canine I didn't like, even the ones that bit me were aight.

Quoting for emphasis. I volunteered in my city's humane association as a dog walker for a few months (I left because of a BJJ injury I needed surgery for, not because I didn't enjoy volunteering). At least at mine, you could just walk the dogs if that's all you wanted to do, but they had big outdoor enclosures where you could run around with the dogs, play fetch, etc.

On top of that, the shelter was also cool with you hanging out in the kennel with the dog to give it more socialization time/attention and affection. Worth the time to do it, IMO.

I believe there are a few dog cafes in Asia but they have small dogs only. Dogs are just less convenient for a business. The medium and larger dogs eat more than cats thus more overhead, they're more dependent so they need frequent poop walks and exercise. There's the other type of "dog cafe" which is basically a cafe where the owners bring their own dogs. If you're lucky you might be able to sneak in some pets.

That sounds disgusting and asking to get some kinda parasite.

That sounds disgusting and asking to get some kinda parasite.
At the Cat Cafes, I don't think they serve human food. The videos I've seen show the people buying cat treats that they can give to the kitties.

I think you just go there to hang out with cats, not to eat.

I would think a dog Cafe would be similar.

I'm going to Japan in the spring. If I see the Shiba Inu Cafe in Harajuku I will take some pics/video and report back to this thread.

At the Cat Cafes, I don't think they serve human food. The videos I've seen show the people buying cat treats that they can give to the kitties.

I think you just go there to hang out with cats, not to eat.

I would think a dog Cafe would be similar.
That seems more palatable lol

Back