Ian Garry or Bo Nickal - Who has more potential to be a great fighter?

Who has more potential to be a great fighter?

• Total voters
You see a world class wrestler as Sage Northcutt 2.0?
Yeah I do... the hype machine is tooting this dudes horn hard Meanwhile he's being fed cherry picked opponents that honestly don't pose much risk... Kinda like Sage was there for a bit...
That said... If you would prefer me to change my comparison to Patty Pimblet.... I'll consider it...

Yeah I do... the hype machine is tooting this dudes horn hard Meanwhile he's being fed cherry picked opponents that honestly don't pose much risk... Kinda like Sage was there for a bit...
That said... If you would prefer me to change my comparison to Patty Pimblet.... I'll consider it...

Sage didn't get cherry picked matchups, he was a guy with no experience who fought 2 guys with more experience than him and then lost his third UFC fight. Just because you creamed your pants at his 6 pack doesn't mean he was ever a serious prospect. He was just a guy who looked like a model. Paddy isn't a serious prospect either, he's got 3 losses and should have 5 (Julian Erosa and Jared Gordon).

Ian is already a good fighter. Bo is a talker. his potential is higher but it´s all talk thus far, he fights the worst guys the UFC can find just to build him up. While saying "izzy, Pereira, Khamzat, easy money"

You see a world class wrestler as Sage Northcutt 2.0? What an odd comparison to make. Sage's hype was based entirely on his looks and physique. Nickal's hype is based entirely on his wrestling credentials. He doesn't look like anything special.
I was about to say this. It's far more anticipation than it is hype with either of these two. For different reasons obviously. But they are both in with a shout of reaching the top.

Garry will likely be tested at a higher level sooner as he's further along in his MMA career. But I'm pretty confident Bo will ace his next few test so-to-speak

Garry more proven and will be at the top 5-10 for sure; nickal less proven but he has megastar potential. Bo smart and more likable; garry no comments on this department 😅. Both interesting to follow closely.

I can't believe the amount of people that demand Bo Nickal instantly face elite competition. They want him to be the next Pawel Nastula: because he was a world class judoka he had to fight Big Nog, Aleks Emelianenko, and Josh Barnett in his first few fights and derail his career before it started.

He shouldn't even be in the UFC yet, he's just there because he has a name.

Both of them will be elite
Maybe, maybe not

images

Bo and I don't think it's close. Ian Garry looked like a world beater against a 40 y.o. Magny who honestly should have retired years ago, and Magny never sniffed a belt even in his prime. I need to see Garry's wrestling tested. Athletically, Bo is just another animal all together. He also has the wrestling skills for sure, and he's proving to have serious power and speed in his striking, even if it's still raw.

Obviously Bo has a massive Wrestling pedigree & trains with a great team, but he's so untested compared to Garry that it's kind of an unfair comparison. Right now, purely based on evidence I will say Garry, but not going to be shocked down the road of Bo ends up having more success.

I can't believe the amount of people that demand Bo Nickal instantly face elite competition. They want him to be the next Pawel Nastula: because he was a world class judoka he had to fight Big Nog, Aleks Emelianenko, and Josh Barnett in his first few fights and derail his career before it started.

He shouldn't even be in the UFC yet, he's just there because he has a name.
O'Malley, who was getting cans, fought better competition in his first few fights in the UFC.

Truth is Bo got to the UFC too soon, and he can turn out to be another Aaron Pico.

Back