IBF orders GGG vs Derevyachenko next

Fair enough. You want to be the undisputed unified middleweight world champion you gotta pay the price.

Vanes in May which isn't even a real fight and maybe Sergey in August while Canelo is still suspended.

Even better let Canelo go at it with Jacobs when his suspension is over and just fight the winner. Make one of them earn the rematch by taking out the other guy. In my opinion GGG beat them both. Some guys think he lost to both of them but in the end it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks because GGG is the one who has the belts.

Fair enough. You want to be the undisputed unified middleweight world champion you gotta pay the price.

Vanes in May which isn't even a real fight and maybe Sergey in August while Canelo is still suspended.

Even better let Canelo go at it with Jacobs when his suspension is over and just fight the winner. Make one of them earn the rematch by taking out the other guy. In my opinion GGG beat them both. Some guys think he lost to both of them but in the end it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks because GGG is the one who has the belts.
Canelo isn't fighting Jacobs, i would be surprised

Your suggestion is a good one though

No way in hell is Canelo coming back and fighting Jacobs. He will take some tune up similar to GGG. The fuckwad has set everything back a year in the MW division.

No way in hell is Canelo coming back and fighting Jacobs. He will take some tune up similar to GGG. The fuckwad has set everything back a year in the MW division.

No need to blame GGG it's unreasonable for him to fight his mandatory

Wasn’t he signed to fight andrade for an eliminator? What happened to that?

I see this as reasonable. Now, whether or not GGG fights for the IBF belt or drops it for the Canelo rematch becomes the question. Seems like unifying is hard to do these days when you've got so many mandatories. There's Charlo and Jacobs too. Canelo has the lineal title as well. Not too mention Chicken Joe Saunders. MW division is getting interesting.

Crawford doubled his belts in one night, that worked out nicely for him and it was awesome to see a division completely unified (if only for one night). Hard to keep up though...

I see this as reasonable. Now, whether or not GGG fights for the IBF belt or drops it for the Canelo rematch becomes the question. Seems like unifying is hard to do these days when you've got so many mandatories. There's Charlo and Jacobs too. Canelo has the lineal title as well. Not too mention Chicken Joe Saunders. MW division is getting interesting.

Crawford doubled his belts in one night, that worked out nicely for him and it was awesome to see a division completely unified (if only for one night). Hard to keep up though...
I don't consider Canelo MW champ in any way. The MW division hasn't been set back a year, it's at least two years, when Canelo preferred to go back down to JMW instead of fighting GGG.

No need to blame GGG it's unreasonable for him to fight his mandatory

I think you don't understand how absurd it is to expect someone to have to almost start from scratch mentally to go and face a man so skilled he is the mandatory for a sanctioning body. Plus reconfigure all their sparring, strategy and training. It's like you want to see someone set up for failure. If we're going to say, "hey, it's business" then accept that all business deals are worked out carefully and methodically; if you're going to play the "they're fighters, they should fight" then give both an even playing field, since that's what the rules and the nature of the sport is supposed to be about. If you want to see the fight, see what both men are capable of doing with equal opportunity. Even the IBF know this and that's why they said GGG has 90 days to fight or make arrangements to fight him after May 5th.

And if you were not being critical of a fighter being screwed over because another chose to gamble with tainted meat/peds, then I missed your sarcasm, my bad.

I think you don't understand how absurd it is to expect someone to have to almost start from scratch mentally to go and face a man so skilled he is the mandatory for a sanctioning body. Plus reconfigure all their sparring, strategy and training. It's like you want to see someone set up for failure. If we're going to say, "hey, it's business" then accept that all business deals are worked out carefully and methodically; if you're going to play the "they're fighters, they should fight" then give both an even playing field, since that's what the rules and the nature of the sport is supposed to be about. If you want to see the fight, see what both men are capable of doing with equal opportunity. Even the IBF know this and that's why they said GGG has 90 days to fight or make arrangements to fight him after May 5th.

And if you were not being critical of a fighter being screwed over because another chose to gamble with tainted meat/peds, then I missed your sarcasm, my bad.
Was going on about how Canelo didnt set back anything, GGG has established himself as the kingpin in his division and Canelo as the current cash cow with legit skills but by no means if Canelo fights or not does it set back anything in one division. that would be absurd

GGG decided to go for a paycheck which to me shows the narrative of all the belts is no longer that.

I think most are fine with that just the fake standard one puts on one but not the other is annoying in terms of character and self moral

Him fighting someone who is coming up in weight and not even a test should be attacked similiar to those attacking Canelo's choice of Amir Khan

You know the same people ignoring the hair test coming back clean yet scream ped cheat

Was going on about how Canelo didnt set back anything, GGG has established himself as the kingpin in his division and Canelo as the current cash cow with legit skills but by no means if Canelo fights or not does it set back anything in one division. that would be absurd

GGG decided to go for a paycheck which to me shows the narrative of all the belts is no longer that.

I think most are fine with that just the fake standard one puts on one but not the other is annoying in terms of character and self moral

Him fighting someone who is coming up in weight and not even a test should be attacked similiar to those attacking Canelo's choice of Amir Khan

You know the same people ignoring the hair test coming back clean yet scream ped cheat
This isn't the same scenario. This is a last minute replacement because Canelo failed his tests. This all falls on him even if it was only negligence.

This isn't the same scenario. This is a last minute replacement because Canelo failed his tests. This all falls on him even if it was only negligence.
Out of the 50 he chose that guy yeah ok

Why it shouldn't be criticized in the same way as the Khan date is the amount of time the respective fights were announced. A full camp dedicated to one fighter vs less than a month and having to undo and make significant adjustments is a big difference. But I see what you are trying to criticize about the views of others.

Back