"if a boxer came to mma" threads, STFU it already happened.

HOLLY HOLM

Is considered by some the greatest female or one of the greatest female boxers of all time.

Why does everyone forget this?

it happened twice for real:

Ray Mercer clocked retard Tim sylvia who tried to box him (I'm positive that's a reason why Dana never considered letting sylvia return to the UFC)

James toney wore a freaking ankle brace against a grappler. He looked like a fool.

HOLLY HOLM

Is considered by some the greatest female or one of the greatest female boxers of all time.

Why does everyone forget this?
OR the undefeated boxer Conor lost to in 38secs of the first round prior to the UFC in Duffy.. OR Ray Mercer who ko'd ex UFC HW Champ Tim Sylvia.. OR currently Heather Hardy in Bellator. There are a few more on regional levels currently too..

it happened twice for real:

Ray Mercer clocked retard Tim sylvia who tried to box him (I'm positive that's a reason why Dana never considered letting sylvia return to the UFC)

James toney wore a freaking ankle brace against a grappler. He looked like a fool.
It's happened more then that..

She's not a great example. Her only credible win is agaisnt a bum striker, that can't box, or defend to save her life

Also, she has no powered whatsoever, unless you offer up your chin on a silver platter like Ronda, and that one black chick she ktfo.

I actually think a boxer could do great in MMA, but I'd want to see an exciting, and more powerful boxer than Holms.

Imagine a Manny pacquiao or a GGG. Now that would be spectacular.

10331.jpg

like i said, real legit boxers in anything slightly comparable to conors MMA stature going to boxing.
And like I said.. read my post. There is more by me then one in this thread. And what I speak of is directly under my initial reply to you.. which also answers your question. Or are you trying to say Mercer, Hardy, Duffy weren't "real legit boxers"?

I wouldn't necessarily point to Mercer vs Sylvia as a good example, because of the shape Sylvia was in. He was so bloated, and out of shape in the year after the Fedor fight due to a complete lack of training that they refused to even license him to box in multiple states; he had such serious training and accumulated injuries that didn't allow him to train even if he wanted to during his medical suspension following the Fedor fight, and then after a full year of not training he took the Mercer fight on a months notice with zero training and injuries that caused him to fail the medicals.

It was actually scheduled as a boxing match, but the commissions in multiple states took one look at him and the failed medicals and refused to license him; he was only able to get a last minute MMA license in Alabama 2 days before the event due to his previous accolades in MMA and lax commission standards despite the medical failures, not even a boxing license. They then made it a gentleman's agreement to box as was originally planned and we all saw what happened. As bad as post-Fedor Sylvia became, I don't see Mercer even touching him if his body weren't in such a bad state.

James Toney was a far faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior fight to Mercer

Holly Holm has trained at Jackson's MMA her entire career and started as a kickboxer. Yes and she's one of the greatest female boxers of all time so all that tells you is that an MMA gym can produce world class boxers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back