If Alex entered MMA in his prime would he be classed a goat? Who would beat him? Gastelum? Bisping? Costa? Anderson? Weidman? Fedor? PALHARES? Hunt?

Leon Edwards

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who beats him at MW, LHW, HW?

He beats
HW

FEDOR
GANE
Cain
Overeem
BB
JDS
Lesnar
Rosensyriuk

HW Loses to
Jones
Aspinal
Frank Mir (Maybe)
Mark Hunt (Maybe)

LHW beats

Rampage
Wanderlai
Shogun
Henderson
Anthony Johnson (RIP)
Gus

LHW loses to.
DC
Jones

MW loses to
Prime Weidman
Vetori
Palhares

MW beats
Izzy
Anderson
Gastelum
Whitaker
Costa
Strickland
Bisping
Romero
Brunson

He would literally clean MW/LHW and have some good fights at HW. If he started in the UFC in his 20s he would be a goat

Him VS Anderson would be amazing.

Last edited:
I imagine him as a big version of Aldo if he focused on MMA more when he was younger. That would've been a nightmare matchup for JBJ.

I imagine him as a big version of Aldo if he focused on MMA more when he was younger. That would've been a nightmare matchup for JBJ.

So you just imagine he would develop one of the best TDD ever, a defense that people training for over a decade have not developed, based on what exactly?

So, basically: If Alex had all of the abillity he has now after years of fighting, but somehow had it in his late twenties, and also hadn't focused on striking but somehow, magically, possesed the same elite kick boxing skills while practicing all the other fighting skills?

Yeah, I guess this mythical creature would do good.

Alex was still an alcoholic in the first half of his kickboxing career, so I personally as a long time Alex fan do not think his career would have been that good in MMA.

So, basically: If Alex had all of the abillity he has now after years of fighting, but somehow had it in his late twenties, and also hadn't focused on striking but somehow, magically, possesed the same elite kick boxing skills while practicing all the other fighting skills?

Imagine transporting current Jon Jones back to 23 years old with all his skill he has but he also gets to now spend another decade getting more skilled? Lol

So you just imagine he would develop one of the best TDD ever, a defense that people training for over a decade have not developed, based on what exactly?

It's the super explosive athletic fighters that can develop that kind of TDD - Aldo, GSP, and JDS to a lesser extent. Probably others that I'm not thinking of right now. Pereira is one of those.

Up there with the old, unironic "if Tyson drilled take-down defence for 6 months, he'd be unbeatable in MMA"

Durrrrrrrr.

It would be interesting to see any athlete with the skills of their 30s and the athleticism of their 20s. It's also a fantasy, through and through.

What the FUCK he literally is in his PRIME. He is peaking now in MMA.

BuT No BeCauSe he Is 35 nOw.

It's the super explosive athletic fighters that can develop that kind of TDD - Aldo, GSP, and JDS to a lesser extent. Probably others that I'm not thinking of right now. Pereira is one of those.

Man I think you don't have a sense of how much of outlier they are.

He's not done, so it remains to be seen. I believe he could go up to HW and make an absolute mess

Pereira doesn't have super explosive or fast hips though. I don't think he'd ever have that kind of tdd. But for sure his overall grappling game would be much better

I think his striking might actually be better in some ways if he could have developed it strictly for MMA. His grappling of course would be much better, that goes without saying

Back