If Arlovski Becomes UFC HW Champ Is It Best Comeback in MMA History?

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
just hypothetical if Andre gets by stipe and beats the winner of werdum/cain II i think this makes him the best comeback story in mma history

the man was the ufc hw champ in 2005 so for him to come back 10 years later and recapture that former glory as the champion when everyone was writing him off and were telling him to retire i think it has to be up there if it comes to fruition

thoughts?

4Cfy3Rh.gif

for me he already is and his story has been a great inspiration, as I was among those who were counting him out and felt sorry for him not " accepting the fact that he should retire"

Andrei and Robbie have similar stories. love seeing those old school guys not only hanging around but thriving

I'll be throughly surprised if he gets through Stipe. There will be no denying him a title shot, even ill be pissed if he doesn't get it with a win and I am committed to the Stipe Wagon

I'd say so. After all those KO's I wrote him and his chin off. He's looked very solid and confident as of late.

lawler would be better unless arlovski also racked up a few solid title defenses.

if we're being honest, arlovski hasnt looked all that impressive in his current win streak. he's had very lack luster fights, and fights where he's been in serious danger but managed to come back for the ko.

lawler on the other hand is beating top notch comp in great fights

Not even close, McGregor is by far the best comeback story.

The most questionable thing about Arlovski has always been his poor decision making during fights and not having the best chin in the world.
I think a lot of people on Sherdog has always praised him for his talents so it's not out of this world for him to win the title.

So I agree with the other user above me. Not very many people expected Robbie Lawler to be champion in the UFC. I know I didn't.

Last edited:
Not even close, McGregor is by far the best comeback story.
wtf are you talking about. mcgregors been fighting less than 8 years. he hasnt had a come back. when he got famous, he did nothing but rise. the guy is only 27...

lawler has been in the game for more than 14 years and has had ups and downs while he was famous. his re-entry into the ufc was purely because of the strikeforce buyout. he was considered a journeyman at best when he entered the ufc for his current run

I don't know that I'd consider Lawlor a comeback as much as a late-career evolution. I mean, back in the day, he wasn't at the heights Arlovski was. Arlovski was champ, sunk down to lows at being KO'd by Rogers, and now has climbed back up into the title picture.

Here's an extension of the comeback scenario: AA wins his next two, getting the title back, is granted his rematch with Fedor, and gets starched again . . . in that case is Fedor the greatest comeback in MMA history? o_O

just hypothetical if Andre gets by stipe and beats the winner of werdum/cain II i think this makes him the best comeback story in mma history

the man was the ufc hw champ in 2005 so for him to come back 10 years later and recapture that former glory as the champion when everyone was writing him off and were telling him to retire i think it has to be up there if it comes to fruition

thoughts?

How is that possible?

He lost to Fedor.
And as everyone on Sherdog says, Fedor only beat cans.

He also lost to Brett Rogers, a guy who changed tires at Walmart.
This Brett Rogers was KO'd by Fedor.
And as everyone on Sherdog says, Fedor only beat cans.

On the other hand, Arlovski beat Werdum.
This is where it gets complicated.

How could Zuffa have a champ who was once defeated by Fedor?
What a public relations nightmare!

wtf are you talking about. mcgregors been fighting less than 8 years. he hasnt had a come back. when he got famous, he did nothing but rise. the guy is only 27...
Wrong... Over 2000 years ago Jesus came to prominence, died for our sins and was the driving factor that allowed Christianity to come about.

Forward to present day, he's back, not as a Jew, but an Irishman. That is a much more compelling comeback story than lame ass Lawler or Arlovski nonsense.

lawler would be better unless arlovski also racked up a few solid title defenses.

if we're being honest, arlovski hasnt looked all that impressive in his current win streak. he's had very lack luster fights, and fights where he's been in serious danger but managed to come back for the ko.

Sounds like fedor but everyone keeps thinking he's god right?

I think Lawler is slightly more impressive given that the HW division is pretty thin. WW is stacked and Robbie beat GSP's heir apparent twice.

I remember watching this thinking ..man I wish he was back in the UFC.. Would be sweet to see him with belt and then Him vs Jones, even if he would die.

Wouldnt really say he came back for any KOs, he was destroying Browne already when he got clipped and the bigfoot fight he pretty much ran through him.

Back