If Barboza had a good chin he would be the 155lb champ.

Woodley could knock out heavyweights with that overhand...

Anyone would go out from that.
Amazed that Wonderboy took his punches. He freaking went out eyes in the back of his head and rose from the dead.

Did the punch catch him off gaurd or does Woodley just hit that hard?

Woodley-KO-big.gif

He hits very hard.... hurt Thompson, Marquardt, and Condit with his hands as well. He's got a lot of decisions but dat right hand is brutal

If I had a good chin I would not be a champ still

Amazed that Wonderboy took his punches. He freaking went out eyes in the back of his head and rose from the dead.

I thought it was over especially after the 2nd shot. No idea how he made it out of the round.

I don't even think it's a weak chin per say. I think he's just easy to break mentally. I don't recall him ever being out cold.

If Joanna had a good chin she would still be champ

Nonsense. Khabib will grind him to a bloody pulp and it wont be his chin thats the problem. Its his sub par TD and ground game. Tony beat his ass standing and he gave up and panic wrestled into a darce. That wasnt chin either but lack of heart.

Barboza is a front runner karate kid and not a very good fighter

He's like the Brazilian Sage. Nice guy, pretty, spinning shit but not a real fighter.

Last edited:
On the bright side he fights really exciting cause he spams leg kicks to protect dat glass.
Barboza has lost from being outclassed on top of him losing to poor chin as well. Hes never shown himself to be champion material. People are just obsessed because he is yoked

Tightening up his defense would help. He's wide open when he throws hands. It's noticeably gotten better but he could still improve.

When has Barboza been knocked out or hurt by strikes?

tumblr_m4oguyMuOG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

1-21.gif

Donald-Cerrone-vs.-Edson-Barboza.gif

Still, I wouldn't say Barboza has a bad chin at all. Varner could crack, Castillo showed big power in his right before + Barboza won that fight, and Cerrone was one of the most dangerous strikers at LW at the time.

Really I think it's the Cerrone fight that people overplay because he got dropped by a jab but it happens in the sport even at the elite level. Also the Castillo and Varner fights were earlier in his career.

Since that loss to Cowboy his chin has held up fine against the likes of Dariush and Michael Johnson. His vulnerability to pressure is his biggest shortcoming imo, not his chin.

No such thing as a bad chin.

There is such thing as bad defense though.

Here we go again, dude got dropped and choked out. He doesn't have a bad chin. Pretty much any punch u aren't ready for with 4 ounce gloves is gonna hurt u. He took a bunch of solid shots by Michael Johnson and didn't get knocked out.

He lost his fights to tony ferguson and michael johnson because of weak chin?

Can't become the champ when the actual *champ* won't defend.

Robbie seemed to be very much off balance and Woodley punches hard.

Stance/balance actually is a deciding factor in whether you manage to absorb the power or not.

But I think Robbie looked physically different from some earlier fights, but who knows if that's the case, vitamins helped Big Foot and Overeems chins.

The vitamins reason would make sense of Cowboy didn't hit him with some hard shots and it not faze him.

I was always extremely sceptical of Robbie. Coming from a gym with plenty of known PED users and him being on the wrong side of 35 with a great physique and 5th round KO power after not conserving energy almost at all had me question him a ton.

Back