If Both of Their Careers Were to End Right Now Today, Jones or McGregor?

and to answer the thread, Jones. definitely.

Connor might've been the bigger star for some moment, but records and achievements lasts longer (if not forever).

edit: typo

Threads or facts? I deal in facts only.

So you’re saying it’s not factual that there’s video evidence of him ever cheating multiple times in even one fight, let alone multiple fights? Is that what your saying? Answer me right now.

So you’re saying it’s not factual that there’s video evidence of him ever cheating multiple times in even one fight, let alone multiple fights? Is that what your saying? Answer me right now.

Well, what is this 'evidence' you speak of? Never saw Jones or Conor cheat in fights. Seen Jones eyepokes but cant technically prove its deliberate.

Tough choice. Jones was a chronic cheater, eye pokes and juicing, that hid under the cage once to avoid testing. He also had a hit and run that broke the arm of a pregnant woman. He always has a shit eating grin on his face and it's clear his self esteem is truly pathetic.

In the end I'll remember Conor slightly better as he wasn't afraid to change weight classes and earned himself a massive payday in boxing. But his attack on the bus and generally clownish behavior did him no favors. He got paid and just lost all motivation and focus.

Conor will be remember long after Jones is forgotten. There will be many more Jones, I think Izzy will surpass him for example but there is only one Conor.

I think it's Conor.

Jones is, in my opinion, among the greatest natural talents to ever enter the cage. Without the PED issues, I think he could have been on track to be the consensus GOAT. His problems outside the cage are numerous, though, and he does little to endear himself with the fans.

Conor is a good fighter, but that's not his legacy. He's electric to have around and brings more eyes to the sport than anyone else has, especially in an era that is otherwise currently not brimming with stars. He'll be remembered for his highlight reel and his personality, which somehow overshadow his numerous personal issues. He's such a "big" figure that it's easier to look beyond his failings.

Who would be remembered more fondly by MMA fans?

Jon Jones. Arguably the GOAT. One of the most dominating champions ever. Phenom. Multiple drug violations and scandals outside the cage.

Conor McGregor. Never had a doping violation but has been involved multi out of yhd cage shenanigans and lawsuits. Also never defened a belt but undoubtedly the biggest star MMA has seen thus far.
After the cheating and huge weight cut to avoid guys his size, jones will always be an * fighter. There will always be that * by his name, wins and record. McGregor came along and was much more commercial and crossed 3 weight classes, whether to challenge himself or just publicity. Outside of the cage shenanigans happen to a lot of fighters but only the most popular ones are on display but in the sports world, that will be glossed over. jones may end up on a "what if" type of show but after getting busted multiple times for cheating, he has looked pretty normal and has arguably lost 2 of his last 3 fights.

Conor made a lot of money for himself and the company, but his legacy will be that he was able to con so many by beating up midgets when he should've been fighting normal sized people all along.

Back