If Cejudo calling out Nunes/Valentina is crazy, why are females put on P4P lists with men?

P4P is subjective and essentially imaginary. I've always looked at it as skill for skill. Who's skills and abilities would translate to being the best fighter if every fighter was the same size, strength, etc. But because it is subjective and purely hypothetical the rankings are able to include any relevant competitor from the sport at any weight or gender.

I think that your way of looking at it is rational (and probably what the people at the UFC offices are thinking in their p4p rankings), but it is not in keeping with the wording "pound for pound", which is what makes the TS's point valid.

They are all on the same list for the same reasons why you would have 125 pound fighter on it with a heavyweight. It's a hypothetical comparison of a fighter's skill and dominance in their division vs another fighter's skill and dominance. Women's divisions have evolved enough in terms of technique and competition that you have to start recognizing the top female fighters as being highly skilled. Valentina Shevchenko, for example, is as good a technical striker as very elite men, certainly better technically than any heavyweight. Nobody would say she could ever beat a male heavyweight though. But if you say all things considered, if everybody was the same size, same gender, skill for skill, dominance for dominance, who would win, that is basically what you are looking at in a P4P list. They are important in some ways, but also really just a fictional exercise to keep people interested on some level.

Well that just shows you how dumb and stupid P4P is and its a joke. I Hate P4P so much, its the most stupid dumb thing ever in UFC. p4p comes from very old boxing, around the 1950's and it was not meant to be a serious thing, it was a joke thing, because there was a small boxer who was doing well and the guy joked on commentary there should be a p4p because he cant face or beat the much heavier guys.
It wasn't a joke, and it's still a valid concept and question. Which fighter is the best overall for their given weight? People act likes this is such an outlandish question, it's not.

How so? P4P assumes you pit skillsets against each other with all other factors being equal.

Actually, while writing that I see you may actually have a point if what is a huge factor that would otherwise eliminate her from the conversation is neutralized.
I know, I just don't care. I saw it as a cheap way to throw out the gender thing cause I'm a broke middle aged loser. Pay me no mind

Well that just shows you how dumb and stupid P4P is and its a joke. I Hate P4P so much, its the most stupid dumb thing ever in UFC. p4p comes from very old boxing, around the 1950's and it was not meant to be a serious thing, it was a joke thing, because there was a small boxer who was doing well and the guy joked on commentary there should be a p4p because he cant face or beat the much heavier guys.

Its such a stupid concept, and was not meant to be serious in the first place. p4p is so dumb. The best fighter is the guy who can beat all the others.. Conor should not even be in the top 10, he doesn't even fight. And also LOL at having Amanda on there, there is about 380 male fighters on UFC roster so she should be ranked 381 because they would all put her in a coma.

Anyways Cedujo is just joking and playing and Valentina is totally in on it too, but the problem is Cedujo doesn't have much charisma or personality so it comes across as real to some people lol. Not meant to be real at all.

Personally I think fighting should mean more than just how big you are. Skill should mean something. You don't go learn BJJ from a guy who is gigantic and can beat up a guy who has brilliant BJJ just because of his size and strength.

Back