If Cerrone crushes Iaquinta do you give him good odds against Khabib?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know MMA math doesn't work but if Cerrone decisively crushes Al Iaquinta do you give him good odds against Khabib since Al Iaquinta went to a decision against Khabib on short notice?

Cowboy has good scrambles and very good jits. He can also match khabib in size and has well placed knees. I give him better chance than al had or a lot of khabib past opponents.

I know MMA math doesn't work but if Cerrone decisively crushes Al Iaquinta do you give him good odds against Khabib since Al Iaquinta went to a decision against Khabib on short notice?
Nope. I dont give anybody good odds against Khabib until he actually fights a wrestler with remarkable credentials and we have yet to see him fight anybody other than striker based fighters. Yeah yeah some were good wrestlers Im talking NCAA credentials or better. Thats why Askren would be a fun match if theyd meet at 160.

Khabib is a good matchup for Cowboy. Cerrone has good grappling, a great chin at 155 and he gets better as the fight goes on. He would have a legit chance of winning late.

i give him a chance. people who say he has no chance are insane.

did no one see Cowboy's timing? if his timing on his knees and kicks are like that vs Khabib, Khabib is going to eat some big shots.

the real question is, are people confident that Khabib can survive the big strikes if Cowboy connects? we all know, Cowboy will probably get taken down, but he's not Conor McGregor or Edson Barboza on the ground.

Cowboy looked great tonight. He used his reach to a T, and had patience with his shots. The jab was deadly. He needs to fight conor now. Honestly I expected al to try some actual takedowns during the first couple rounds.. I highly highly doubt Donald can stop Khabibs takedowns. He has no chance of subbing Khabib. I see it going the same as most of Khabibs fights. Cowboy looked good in standup because he knew after the 1st couple rounds that al wasn't going for takedowns. U saw in the first couple of rounds how al was catching him when he feinted some takedowns early and it helped him. Against Khabib, cowboy will know the takedowns are coming, forever, and khabib will use that threat to get shots in and set up the takedown. Cerrone cannot stop Khabib from taking him and keeping him down. Cowboy will tire with khabib in top position. Khabib will end it in the 4th when Donald has figured out he has no answers for what's happening to him. Khabib is just to good at everything.. Even striking because he has great striking defense, and uses all the takedown feints and odd style to land big shots. He continues to improve in every fight. He has so many tools in his tool box and he is a master of all of them. Khabib maul...

did no one see Cowboy's timing? if his timing on his knees and kicks are like that vs Khabib, Khabib is going to eat some big shots.

the real question is, are people confident that Khabib can survive the big strikes if Cowboy connects? we all know, Cowboy will probably get taken down, but he's not Conor McGregor or Edson Barboza on the ground.

Yep.

Khabib’s been rocked before. Cerrone could catch him for sure.

And Iaquinta has a better chin than Khabib.

Yes. Cerrone is a bad matchup for Khabib.

This, khabib is the favorite but ofc he has a chance. He is better on the ground than most people Khabib fought

It's just like the previous Cerrone title runs. He looks amazing, gets hyped, all the stars seem to align for him to finally get the belt, and then he stumbles. It's only going to be worst this time because the champ is really amazing.

Cowboy stylistically has a better chance against him more than any of Khabib’s past opponents, maybe even Poirier.

It's just like the previous Cerrone title runs. He looks amazing, gets hyped, all the stars seem to align for him to finally get the belt, and then he stumbles. It's only going to be worst this time because the champ is really amazing.

Would love to see it.

That is so stupid.

No it’s not.

Cerrone is a skilled striker and could rock Khabib and finish him.

I think Al has a better chin than Khabib which would also be a factor.

Cerrone could hurt Khabib with a jab or high kick (less likely to use those against a wrestler like Khabib though) and then finish with GnP or a sub.

No it’s not.

Cerrone is a skilled striker and could rock Khabib and finish him.

I think Al has a better chin than Khabib which would also be a factor.

Cerrone could hurt Khabib with a jab or high kick (less likely to use those against a wrestler like Khabib though) and then finish with GnP or a sub.
Cerrone is not a power hitter, his damage and knockouts mostly come after cumulative effect, not in one punch.
How can you know if Al's chin is better than Khabib's? Khabib not only has never really taken any damage, but I don't think he has ever even been cut anywhere on his face, he has also taken hits and just continued to steamroll through his opponents. To say Al's chin is better is not very smart in the least.

Cerrone ain’t fighting Khabib. He needs to prepare for Dustin and Tony.

Cerrone is one of the best grapplers in MMA off his back. That's why next to no one even tries to take him down. Khabib is great but Cerrone is a horrible matchup for him. I could see Cerrone winning late.

Back