If Chimaev beats a top 5 MW contender and than goes on to fight for the MW title and wins and then defends his title a few times.....

Would he finally gain your respect?

• Total voters
If he hasn’t earned your respect already then you have a bias. You can’t deny his skill
/thread

Honestly this thread is kind of ridiculous

"if this fighter does a respectable thing does he have your respect?""

lol really??

....would he finally gain your respect?

images

Jared is not available, still injured

If someone becomes chapion and defends multiple times

I'm always amazed at the opinions that people express on this site.

Dude has fought strong competition and had a 10 day turnaround in the UFC that even included a further weight cut from whatever he weighed on fight night at MW against John Phillips to down to WW <2 weeks later.

No shade to TS as it's a legit question for the fans on this site; which is a shame in general.

The first few months of his UFC run are what got him fans in the first place. The long periods of inactivity and these talks of title shots he hasn't earned is what is bringing in the criticism.

When he came into the UFC he presented himself as an anywhere anytime type of fighter who would be active. I think we all wish that were true but he has shown us that's not who he is. So imo he doesn't deserve any special respect any moreso than any other fighter in the division.

I respect him, I would just like to see more than what I've seen to claim him as some second coming. His wrestling is elite, his stand up is mid and his gas tank is questionable.

If Chimaev beats a top 5 MW contender and than goes on to fight for the MW title and wins and then defends his title a few times.....​

Hard to respect a man who doesn't respect himself:

Also:

Probably not. I'm still a little upset about the Holland fight. That fake hand touch and then immediate take town really ruined what could have been an awesome fight.

He needs to fight. Stop taking and fight. All questions about how far he could go should’ve already been answered.

If he hasn’t earned your respect already then you have a bias. You can’t deny his skill
It depends what we mean by "respect." He's definitely a skilled fighter. He's certainly be a top WW (maybe the champ) if he could cut to 170 consistently. But he hasn't beat an actual Top 10 MW yet. So I respect his skills as a fighter, but not as an elite MW until he beats some of the top guys (not a former LW at 170 or a former WW on 10 days notice).

If someone becomes chapion and defends multiple times
If Khamzat actually beat Jon Jones, Aspinall, Poatan and an armed Navy SEAL team, would you finally respect him? This thread is like multiple logical fallacies and propaganda rolled up into one, lol.

When he came into the UFC he presented himself as an anywhere anytime type of fighter who would be active. I think we all wish that were true but he has shown us that's not who he is. So imo he doesn't deserve any special respect any moreso than any other fighter in the division.
“Special respect?” Probably not.

“Respect in general?” (especially since this is a site dedicated to covering MMA) absolutely!

Last edited:
He’s too close to dictator kadyrov to be respected. Their relationship is different and much closer than the typical meet and greet and photo op kadyrov has done with other fighters.

1706900055379.jpeg

"Outwrestling Usman is nothing, he needs to takedown someone good like Cannonier! No I don't care he outwrestled Hermansson while fighting at WW. He's so unproven!" The haters are so obvious. They do the same thing with Jones, move goal post every time.

If he becomes champ ... and defends? Forget respect... he's the GOAT ;)

Back