Opinion If communism was to make a come back. Which country would be the first to see it?

Canada confiscates private property over political beliefs, that is communism.

China, Russia, and North Korea also do this.

China is an authoritarian regime, yet has fewer people in prison with their freedom taken away, both per capita and in total.

Hey buddy, how many regime change wars or coups has China done? How many Iraqis are dead from China? How many regimes in Latin America or Africa has China overthrown?

China is authoritarian, and America is the land of freedom, yet America has more people with their freedom taken away, and they have slaughtered millions of innocent people via regime change wars and CIA coups. Make it make sense dude.

Ok, I'm fine by abiding whatever the logic is. But you have to apply the logic evenly on both sides. You are now only aloud to praise the US if you also condemn the authoritarianism of the US at the same time.

Going from an agrarian backwater, to the world's #2 economy in just 50 years, while also lifting 800 million people out of poverty, is so far beyond "middling". If you actually care about maximizing human well-being, then it is obviously one of the greatest human achievements in the history of our species.

Home ownership is one of the cornerstones of human safety, prosperity, and well-being. In China it is 90%. In the US it is under 50%.

It's pretty clear at this point that your reasoning is completely motivated by nationalism and xenophobia. That's really all this is. As I'm illustrating with data point after data point, your jingoistic nonsense is exactly that - jingoistic nonsense. It's a narrative you've bought into. My country good. China bad. When you actually examine the data, it's pretty clear that YOU are living in the world's most authoritarian regime.

More people in prison than any country on earth. Both per capita and TOTAL.

USA: 5% of global population, 20% of global prisoners
China: 18% of global population, 17-19% of global prisoners

But you're the freedom loving good guy and they're the evil authoritarian bad guys? Ahahaha, fuck off. <lmao>
Yes, China is an authoritarian regime. Flagrant human rights abuses and no political freedom for its citizens. If you want examples where China interfered, check out (North) Korea, Taiwan, Tibet, The Philippines. No, I don't have to agree that China's economic progress is beyond middling, because the absolute number of people isn't relevant to that. Home-ownership isn't very relevant to well-being, as having renting a nice place to live serves the same purpose. A very prosperous, highly developed country where the overwhelming majority rents is possible, but probably not plausible.

Calling me xenophobic and jingoistic are empty assertions, and it's too bad you can't have a discussion without resorting to name-calling. As for the prison population, China has arbitrary imprisonment where journalists and political activists are imprisoned because the regime doesn't like what they're saying. Stuff like that makes raw prison numbers highly meaningless, because why people are imprisoned is obviously paramount to evaluating the criminal justice system.

You're free to point out where I'm factually wrong. I don't understand what's "creepy" about appreciating 800 million people being lifted out of poverty. Do you often characterize feeling good about human prosperity as "creepy"? Or does the entirety of your thought process start and stop with "hurrr durrr china bad"

Lmaoooo. The opposite of what you said, is what's actually true. The US experienced industrialization for over TWO CENTURIES starting in the 18th century. China hasn't been industrializing for even a century, and they've already lifted 2.5x the population of the US out of poverty.

You said - China is "40 years behind the West"
The reality - The US industrialized 4x longer than China and achieved inferior results. The poverty rate in America is increasing, and the home ownership rate is now below 50% while in China it is over 90%.

Is it even possible to be owned any harder?
Of course it's possible to get owned harder, as you do in most threads and are about to again. You're making the case against communism in favor of a liberalized economy without even realizing it.

First of all, the big jump in "lifting people out of poverty" started closer to 1990, which was over a decade after Mao died and almost 4 decades after the communists took over, and increased because they liberalized the shit out of the economy and private ownership is what increased. State ownership was around 70% a few years after Mao died, and is around 30% now, and the 70% now is private ownership. You can see in the graph below how their economy would look if they hadn't liberalized and relied on private ownership and market economics for growth, as the public segment of the economy has not only had no growth, it's actually a bit less than it was 45 years ago.

In the exact same time they "lifted 800 million out of poverty", the income inequality has increased from the top 10% earning 27% of the income, and the bottom 50% earning 27% of the income, to the top 10% now earning 41% of the income, and the bottom 50%(over 700 million people) earning 15% of the country's income. They seem to be practicing "trickle down economics" to lift people out of poverty.

BTW, China still has 600 million people earning less than $150/month.

And most importantly, the easiest way to see how awesome their system is to compare Chinese people in the US to Chinese people in China. Chinese immigrants do better than natural born Americans here, and many multiples better than people in China. The average is like $84,000 for Chinese people here, compared to about $14,000 in China.

rising_inequality_fig_1_0.png

Communism is still going pretty strong though. China, dprk, Nam, Cuba, random African places. That's pretty good. I don't think it will grow too much bigger though unless China makes a point to spread it once obtaining global hegemony.
China has more private companies than any other country, it is far from being communist.

pure communism is like pure capitalism, they exist only in theory.

Yes, China is an authoritarian regime. Flagrant human rights abuses and no political freedom for its citizens. If you want examples where China interfered, check out (North) Korea, Taiwan, Tibet, The Philippines. No, I don't have to agree that China's economic progress is beyond middling, because the absolute number of people isn't relevant to that. Home-ownership isn't very relevant to well-being, as having renting a nice place to live serves the same purpose. A very prosperous, highly developed country where the overwhelming majority rents is possible, but probably not plausible.

Calling me xenophobic and jingoistic are empty assertions, and it's too bad you can't have a discussion without resorting to name-calling. As for the prison population, China has arbitrary imprisonment where journalists and political activists are imprisoned because the regime doesn't like what they're saying. Stuff like that makes raw prison numbers highly meaningless, because why people are imprisoned is obviously paramount to evaluating the criminal justice system.
Nobody cares what totalitarian NATO creeps think. China has been an angel compared to you freaks who committed genocide in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Palestine in the last 10 years alone.

Back