If Conor bounce back after his terrible injury

He is never going to win the LW belt.

Let's say he does just for the sake of the question.
It takes more than winning the belt. He needs to defend it at least 1 time against the number one contender.

He needs to do that just to get within shouting distance of Ben Henderson.

Adrian Peterson had the best season of his career and won the MVP in 2012 after completely tearing his ACL and MCL eight months prior to the start of the season. He was way better than he was in the previous season before the injury. While that is clearly the exception it does happen.
As you said mate the exception, it doesn't happen very often. A lot of it can be mental and it's very hard to get over the mental block like the way you place your foot extra. For an every day Joe like me I've had 3 major surgeries and screws/metal in 3 different areas from injuries and even every day things like walking, reaching up for items etc are definitely hampered. I can't imagine the decline in athletic performance at the top of a sport such as MMA. I'm 38 and only did MMA training for 8 years and had to give it up 2 years ago because of injuries

He’s not even top 10 in Lw. Stop already.

As you said mate the exception, it doesn't happen very often. A lot of it can be mental and it's very hard to get over the mental block like the way you place your foot extra. For an every day Joe like me I've had 3 major surgeries and screws/metal in 3 different areas from injuries and even every day things like walking, reaching up for items etc are definitely hampered. I can't imagine the decline in athletic performance at the top of a sport such as MMA. I'm 38 and only did MMA training for 8 years and had to give it up 2 years ago because of injuries
but you stated it as a fact not the general rule. In general people come back worse but rarely they come back better, probably because it makes them more committed to working harder.

There really isn't anything to discuss besides how do people come up with these shit threads? Seriously man, Conor is 1-3 at LW, obsessed with Poirier and no way he beats Usman.

Serious question: what are the odds that Conor goes directly to the hospital after an Usman fight? 50%? More?

“Hey guys, if this hypothetical fantasy scenario played out, would my favorite fighter be good?”

What do you get out of threads like this? Do you fantasize about this or something?

but you stated it as a fact not the general rule. In general people come back worse but rarely they come back better, probably because it makes them more committed to working harder.

Kurt Angle says hi!

and win the LW belt, is he the LW GOAT?

Two times champ and one time after a terrible injury

Thats something

And what if after that he goes to WW and win the belt against Usman or any champ

All time GOAT?

Discuss

Does he earn this title shot this time or is it simply given for sitting out?...

Thats something

And what if after that he goes to WW and win the belt against Usman or any champ

All time GOAT?

Discuss
IF he can check his ego and leave his camp (comfort zone) then maybe he can come back from this.
He needs to train with killers. He needs a coach that is not a yes man.

Imagine a world where Conor leaves and goes to train with Khabib.

Like Saku did with Chute Boxe.

The problem with fighters skipping the line and getting a direct title shot is that they really haven't fought other styles that may have give them more problems than the champion they beat. And ironically, Mcgregor's move to the lightweight division shows that.

Mcgregor moves up to lightweight and had a field day against arguably one of the best lightweights in the world in Alvarez. But lost to Nate Diaz of all people and almost lost their rematch as well.

Styles makes fights. And the greatest fighters to have ever stepped foot on the octagon all fought a multitude of fighters whose styles differ from one fighter to the next. Whose to say Conor gets through Ferguson, RDA, or Gaethje had he fought up the rankings instead of skipping ahead?

Thats something

All time GOAT?

Discuss

We had the EXACT SAME THREADS before the Poirier match.
If, if, if... enough of this nonsense. First, Conor has to prove himself... you know, actually beat spme ranked LW fighters.... then we'll talk.

What about if Connor travelled back in time and knocked out Anderson Silva and Fedor in the same night then travelled into the present and submitted Khabib then travelled into the far future and beat prime Erick Silva would he be the GOATest of all time then?

The problem with fighters skipping the line and getting a direct title shot is that they really haven't fought other styles that may have give them more problems than the champion they beat. And ironically, Mcgregor's move to the lightweight division shows that.

Mcgregor moves up to lightweight and had a field day against arguably one of the best lightweights in the world in Alvarez. But lost to Nate Diaz of all people and almost lost their rematch as well.

Styles makes fights. And the greatest fighters to have ever stepped foot on the octagon all fought a multitude of fighters whose styles differ from one fighter to the next. Whose to say Conor gets through Ferguson, RDA, or Gaethje had he fought up the rankings instead of skipping ahead?

Correct.

Beating Eddie is a decent entry for the resume. But Cerrone and Poirier have that same win, from the same period of time, against a version of Eddie just as good.

And, to put it into the context of your post, that win was one of EIGHT in a row Cerrone strung together to get a shot at the belt, against a diverse array of fighters like Barboza, Bendo, Jim Miller and Dunham; and one of FIVE for DP, including Holloway, Gaethje, Pettis and Miller, not to mention the other credible tests they both had to face on the way up (many passed, some not), like RDA, Nate Diaz, Bobby Green, Michael Johnson, Jeremy Stephens, CDF, etc.

I don’t begrudge Conor getting the opportunity to fight Eddie, as his run to featherweight gold was great. But when evaluating all-time rankings you simply cannot start with who held a belt for this reason. It’s hard to know where to even start with Conor, but he’s a non-starter for consideration in even the top 25.

This is the most important aspect in my opinion.

Plain and simple: Conor does NOT have a big enough sample size when it comes to fighting LW fighters.
Great mentions with Ferguson or RDA: it's highly debatable whether Conor would have a chance to go all through those tough opponenst, ONE AFTER THE OTHER... but even lesser fighters like Felder or Barboza went through a murderer's row at LW... frankly, I would be VERY interested to see Conor vs Barboza's opponents in a row... what would have been Conor's record...

Correct.

Beating Eddie is a decent entry for the resume. But Cerrone and Poirier have that same win, from the same period of time, against a version of Eddie just as good.

And, to put it into the context of your post, that win was one of EIGHT in a row Cerrone strung together to get a shot at the belt, against a diverse array of fighters like Barboza, Bendo, Jim Miller and Dunham; and one of FIVE for DP, including Holloway, Gaethje, Pettis and Miller, not to mention the other credible tests they both had to face on the way up (many passed, some not), like RDA, Nate Diaz, Bobby Green, Michael Johnson, Jeremy Stephens, CDF, etc.

I don’t begrudge Conor getting the opportunity to fight Eddie, as his run to featherweight gold was great. But when evaluating all-time rankings you simply cannot start with who held a belt for this reason. It’s hard to know where to even start with Conor, but he’s a non-starter for consideration in even the top 25.

Conor is undeniably the most successful in terms of financial success, he is a marketing genius especially for his own brand and to be perfectly fair, he did win the fights that truly mattered the most and all in absolutely spectacular fashion. Knocking out arguably the greatest featherweight of all time in Jose Aldo, and the complete domination against then lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez.

IMO, Conor is going to go down (and should) go down as a great fighter who made absolute waves in the sport. But considered one of the "GOATS"? Absolutely not. Like you mentioned, there are so many other fighters more deserving of the same praise Conor is getting but isn't even getting half that.

This is the most important aspect in my opinion.

Plain and simple: Conor does NOT have a big enough sample size when it comes to fighting LW fighters.
Great mentions with Ferguson or RDA: it's highly debatable whether Conor would have a chance to go all through those tough opponenst, ONE AFTER THE OTHER... but even lesser fighters like Felder or Barboza went through a murderer's row at LW... frankly, I would be VERY interested to see Conor vs Barboza's opponents in a row... what would have been Conor's record...

I honestly think that's one of the reasons he was able to get a title shot with a controversial win against Nate Diaz. They were striking while the iron was hot and with a spectacular win over Aldo, they most likely gave him a gimme fight in Nate Diaz only for Diaz to give Conor hell in both fights. They couldn't risk Conor losing before getting a shot at the lightweight title (but of course, unexpectedly did).

Conor would not have made it passed Ferguson. Gaethje would have been a toss up, I think he beats RDA though.

Your threads are ridiculous. You always make some dumb hypothetical scenario, end it with "Discuss" and then I would guess get on another account and tell yourself how stupid your original post is.

Back