If Conor continues to be lowkey prefight, will his PPV numbers decline?

He's fighting his chums he already beat.

Thing with McGregor is there is so much bad you can say about him he likes getting matched up with guys who won't say anything.

LOL!!

He and Cowboy were trashing one another during pressers in which they weren't fighting. Cowboy said Conor was scared of him.. Then they got matched up, and cowboy got all quiet.. Maybe he knew he was in trouble now that he had to fight him.

If anything he'd keep more fans, the crazier his antics are it does seem a few people claim they lost a lot of respect for him, ala punching the old man at the bar.

I think people will tune into a Conor fight regardless.

Drop? No
His rise could be slower.
Although he is now growing with another target group. So I think it was a business decision.
"We got the morons, now we get the rest"

Conor's kids are watching now :)
What would they think if daddy started acting crazy :confused:

I feel the crazy Conor days are gone :p

I doubt it, his fanbase is already established. He no longer needs to trash talk.
He hasn't needed to since the Aldo fight

When you have your face on a 100ft billboard in Times Square people know who you are

He should have cut out all the shite talk years ago

No. If he tweeted that he was eating a sandwich that would be news that tons of morons eat up. He is a celebrity at this point.

If he wins no, if he starts losing then maybe.

I find it odd though that people think he talked trash because he ‘needed to’, I think that’s who he is.

He’ll be shit talking again as soon as he has an opponent who gives him some back. I believe it’s a PR thing the way he’s changed it but if someone is talking shit with him he won’t be able to help himself.

Maybe a bit but honestly his mental warfare game isn’t the same anymore. Looked corny af against Khabib, far from the good ole MysticMac. He looks like a decent man now.

I don’t think casuals would even watch his press conferences or interviews before. I honestly don’t even know how casuals really get into the sport.

Conor McGregor is headlining, perhaps you have heard of him?
tenor.gif

Connor needs and deserves live gate share fights! Unfortunately covid makes it unlikely to be profitable for a while

I was wondering the same. That being said, Colby essentially used that blue print to promote himself and it didn’t seem to do much. So it obviously isn’t just the trash talk that drives sales.

100%, casuals didn’t get hooked on McGregor by him being humble, they will lose interest pretty quickly

I don't think his trash talk or behavior outside the octagon will majorly affect his PPV numbers. I think his performance inside the octagon would affect it, though.

If he lost two or three fights in a row, I'm sure a lot of the filthy casuals would lose interest pretty quick. A lot of casuals (and even hardcore fans sometimes) love to hop on hype trains.

Back