If Conor McGregor wins his highly anticipated comeback fight after the gruesome fluke injury

Conor is nowhere near being a GOAT nor will he ever be.

Says who? Only a tiny minority thinks Title defenses are the most important thing in the fight game, more important than having highlight reel and fighting well.
If Conor stayed at FW where he was unbeatable and got 15 title defenses he would be nowhere near as popular and beloved as he is now. KO in 3 different weight classes is WAY more impressive than bunch of defenses in one weightclass.
If Conor stayed at FW and defended his belt for a decade the same people who critize him for not having any defenses would be critizing him for fighting lesser opponents and not challanging himself in upper weights.

Conor's a funny case.
A big part of his strategy was to get his opponents so angry that they fought toward his strengths because they equated their lack of respect for him as a person (or persona) to his abilities as a fighter.
Aldo literally ran straight onto arguably the best straight puncher (at the time) in the UFC.
Mendes' submission over position approach got him swept during his pass.

The biggest what it moment in an MMA fight (for me at least) is what would've happened had Aldo not blitzed Conor immediately considering the fact that the punch that Aldo connected with (after he'd been KO'd but before he hit the ground) actually cut Conor.

I don't typically get "emotional" about fighters who I don't know, but that one was as heart breaking as it could be considering it's just a sport.

Not a Conor fan or hater, but he is nonexistent in the GOAT discussion, I doubt that there is anything he can do to insert himself there at this point... With that being said I honestly hope he gets serious again about his fighting career once he’s fully healed. While he’s still in his prime, there’s plenty of work left to be done, but much more importantly time left to do it, before that window closes for good.

Hypothetically speaking, If he were to put down the bottle and rolled up bills, focus all his efforts on putting together a few years of actually fighting up to his abilities. Not only acting the part of “The Notorious Conor McGregor”, but being that guy within the cage, he’d be able to walk away from fighting and MMA with some sense of dignity and redemption. IMO and most importantly to Conrad himself, is being taken seriously by fans, pundits, and opponents alike.

The haters would still hate, but they’d respect the man for his contributions to the sport of MMA, his fans would have something positive to look forward to without being heckled and laughed at. McGregor stan’s wouldn’t be relegated to posting 5 year old gifs, while discussing past tenths accomplishments.

As of now his perception of popularity and status is skewed, the things that gave him his popularity was his fighting ability and championships, tied to stellar performances on the biggest stage... Not the huge earnings and the ability to flaunt the money, materialism, and red carpet treatment via Instagram. Floyd is a perfect example, he had to keep winning in order to maintain his career relevance among the boxing fans and main stream populace, that meant still putting the time in the gym and not letting his lavish lifestyle sway the end goal... Conor has failed miserably in that regard, and will continue with the same results if he doesn’t change his methodology of doing things.

Moving forward, if he were to put a run together, look like the McGregor of old, beat the fighters that pundits said he’d lose to, and accomplish what is completely unexpected, he’d absolutely leave a huge mark and legacy on MMA, the guy who not only accomplished the impossible once, but twice...

Additionally he’d trigger the MMA world and more notably Sherdog to levels of multiple site crash scenarios after his performances. I would find this idea to be hilarious and the exact nightmare that many posters on this board wake up screaming in cold sweats to.

Imagine being this obsessed with either 1) a fighter or 2) non stop troll threads?

Either way OP get outside you clown. No one likes you here. Always dumb Conor threads every day. Eat a giant D

Hey TS your other troll thread on your other account was much better

I actually kind of think that’s what Dustin was supposed to be their first time around at lw; a hittable striker who Conor has kod before and actually has enough cache at that wc to justify giving Conor a title shot should he win. Didn’t quite go that way though so now they have to go a little further down.

I honestly don’t even know who would fit the bill at this point. Justin maybe? He’s booked he’s also not an easy night out on the feet. Chandler and Islam would probably just take him down, maybe Tony? He’s hittable and has a name plus he hasn’t looked that good recently.
Agreed. I think the UFC would LOVE to get Conor to fight Tony, as risky as it might be. I wouldn't be that surprised if they brought back Diego, honestly.

Someone needs to get rid of this idiot. He's insufferable.

This guy is either (a) paid by Conor to spam adulatory shit, (b) mentally sick and in need of a dad, (c) using all of his time trolling.

He'd have to fight Lee Murray first before there's any discussion of GOAT. And I don't see that happening.

Says who? Only a tiny minority thinks Title defenses are the most important thing in the fight game, more important than having highlight reel and fighting well.
If Conor stayed at FW where he was unbeatable and got 15 title defenses he would be nowhere near as popular and beloved as he is now. KO in 3 different weight classes is WAY more impressive than bunch of defenses in one weightclass.
If Conor stayed at FW and defended his belt for a decade the same people who critize him for not having any defenses would be critizing him for fighting lesser opponents and not challanging himself in upper weights.
Sure, it does matter how you define GOATness. Most people I would argue care deeply about title defenses or undefeated streaks. If you value popularity over that then so be it, but I would guess you're in the minority.

Back