If dan didnt call off the fight the clock would have run out and reem would have won....

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Only 4 seconds left and Jairzinho was already on the other side of the cage. He wouldnt have been able to come back and finish reem had he been warned the fight was still on

No matter how groggy Reem was or the cut was "fight stopping" since the fight would already have been over anyway

Im really split over this (pun definitely intended)

giphy.gif

PS: I dont care about the result. Its just an interesting situation to think about

Last edited:
The time clock has no influence on a ref’s authority to stop a fight.

I dont think you understood my point bud

Had Dan hesitated for a few seconds there for example, the result would have been different

Or had he actually thought the fight should have kept going...

Your reply is under the premise that the ref shouldnt stop the fight because "its close to the end". But thats not what im arguing here.... Just imagine he actually thought reem was fine.

Last edited:

intelligently defending yourself, if your opponent is celebrating, seems like something pretty easy to do. just run into a wall, who cares. cant reward dudes who call their own fights, idiotic.

wow so you're telling me that, if Reem didn't lose, he wouldn't have lost?!

Can Maragliotta is a fucking moron, he's been making mistakes for years. He needs the Yamasaki treatment.

I think Jairzinho's a dickhead for treating Overeem that way and I was hoping the latter would win but I honestly felt had it gone to decision you could make a strong case for it being 2-2 leading into the final round.

wow so you're telling me that, if Reem didn't lose, he wouldn't have lost?!
"wOw sO YoU'Re tElLiNg mE ThAt, If rEeM DiDn't lOsE, hE WoUlDn't hAvE LoSt?!"

How i read your post....

<{cruzshake}>

Try to understand the point that is being made before shit posting next time

I have to say that this was a stolen win in this case. Overeem put himself in that situation, but he bounced up immediately and wouldn't have gotten hit anymore because his opponent walked away.

I have to say that this was a stolen win in this case. Overeem put himself in that situation, but he bounced up immediately and wouldn't have gotten hit anymore because his opponent walked away.
Exactly....

This is what happened in the Anderson Vs Bisping fight

Anderson climbed the cage and started celebrating, giving mike the time he needed to recover.

Had Anderson kept fighting after the flying knee, he would 100% have won the fight. But he didnt and Bisping could recover.

Had the same call been made by the ref in the case of tonights main event the fight would have "restarted" with 4 seconds left and reem would have won. Or even if they didnt "stop the clock", then time would have just ran out

Last edited:
Only 4 seconds left and Jairzinho was already on the other side of the cage. He wouldnt have been able to come back and finish reem had he been warned the fight was still on

No matter how groggy Reem was or the cut was "fight stopping" since the fight would already have been over anyway

Im really split over this (pun definitely intended)

giphy.gif

PS: I dont care about the result. Its just an interesting situation to think about
I think you have to give it to him. No doubt, fighters shouldn’t stop until someone stops them, unless it’s one of these. This is one of those situations where your scared for the dude that just got hit. Let’s run the other scenario, he lands the shot and for the next 4-8 seconds lays it on and permanently disfigures overeems face, ends his career and puts a black stamp on the sport. The day a chunk of flesh went flying into the crowd and reem had his face removed. I mean Jesus, at some point we have to be able to rely on common sense

I think you have to give it to him. No doubt, fighters shouldn’t stop until someone stops them, unless it’s one of these. This is one of those situations where your scared for the dude that just got hit. Let’s run the other scenario, he lands the shot and for the next 4-8 seconds lays it on and permanently disfigures overeems face, ends his career and puts a black stamp on the sport. The day a chunk of flesh went flying into the crowd and reem had his face removed. I mean Jesus, at some point we have to be able to rely on common sense
This is part of the reason why i say in the OP that im split over this situation.

Im more leaning towards it was bullshit and reem should have won, but just because Jairzinho walked away. Obviously had he not, he would have kept murdering reems face off. The fight was there for the taking.

So...
ORIGINAL.jpg

Its a murky situation

This is part of the reason why i say in the OP that im split over this situation.

Im more leaning towards it was bullshit and reem should have won, but just because Jairzinho walked away. Obviously had he not, he would have kept murdering reems face off.

So...
ORIGINAL.jpg

Its a murky situation
Not to mention the repercussions from fans I mean holy shit that was a point blank Superman lunch from one of the hardest punchers at HW in round 5 on the fucking button. You gotta use judgement. People would be giving him endless shit if he kept hitting him. That’s how Schaumburg got his shitty reputation.
FavoriteDisastrousBison-size_restricted.gif

No one wants to be that guy.

Not to mention the repercussions from fans I mean holy shit that was a point blank Superman lunch from one of the hardest punchers at HW in round 5 on the fucking button. You gotta use judgement. People would be giving him endless shit if he kept hitting him. That’s how Schaumburg got his shitty reputation.

I see your point, but then stand tall over your opponents body, or make the motion of punching and hold back last minute

Something....

Just dont turn your back instantly and call the fight yourself. At least take a peek if the guy is really dead lol

But regardless of the "moral" aspect, theres the rules too.

#supernecessary

I see your point, but then stand tall over your opponents body, or make the motion of punching and hold back last minute.

Something....

Just dont turn your back instantly and call the fight yourself
I agree, there’s a middle ground that needs to be found. Or look at the ref to see what they’re doing. I get what your saying I just think there’s another end to the spectrum which is way worse.

good talk m8, quality poster

Seeing this KO again, I never realized Schuab threw that extra shot like that. Such a POS thing to do when Cro Cop is clearly out Time to rewatch Big Nog and Rothwell fuck him up again.

Seeing this KO again, I never realized Schuab threw that extra shot like that. Such a POS thing to do when Cro Cop is clearly out Time to rewatch Big Nog and Rothwell fuck him up again.
Yeah he’s a real slime ball for that one. Like he took long enough that he made a conscious choice to do it anyway. He talked shit after too. Could never like him after that one

I think he was walking away because the ref said to stop?

Back