If Francis KO's Fury in a rematch and Jon Jones in MMA, would he be the greatest fighter ever?

jackleeb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Let's say:
- Fury defeats Usyk in December/Early 2024
- Jones returns and defeats Stipe/Aspinall/Pavlovich in Late 2024

and Francis defeats both. Would he be the greatest fighter to ever walk Earth?

If he KO's Fury, lifts him over his head and throws him off a cliff in to a river of molten lava, then yes, Ngannou is the Greatest of All Time. Stay tuned, because it might happen.

I'm done betting against Francis. I don't like losing enough to bet against him again. Francis is a fighting superhero and he's larger than life. I don't know what he can't do.

No, because boxing has nothing to do with fighting. They are not fighters, they are boxers. Comentators freaked out when he threw the superman punch at the end because that's illegal. Fucking everything is illegal there. He can't punch while grabbing. He had to use those ridiculously giant gloves made to prolongue fights. He couldn't jump on Fury and finish the thing when he dropped him, he had to wait for a count.

Look, boxing is big, it's more popular than MMA. But being good at that doesn't make you a better fighter, it just makes you a boxer. Boxing is simply a punching contest with a very specific set of rules (you can't jump or punch with both hands if you ever wanted it). MMA is actual fighting with a bunch rules that were only added to protect the fighters. There are no bullshit rules, the thing was created to mimic an actual fight.

So, the greatest fighter is one of the GOATs of MMA, pick whichever you like because it's kind of a subjective thing apparentely. If Francis wants that title he should have stayed and defended his belt, but I reckon he doesn't care and that's ok.

Let's say:
- Fury defeats Usyk in December/Early 2024
- Jones returns and defeats Stipe/Aspinall/Pavlovich in Late 2024

and Francis defeats both. Would he be the greatest fighter to ever walk Earth?
I am a Tyson Fury fan, but, Francis won that, so naturally, I am excited about Francis return to Boxing...mainly cause he just beat a Champ in the first fight that the judges did not want to give.. the sport of boxing is corrupt...but why would Francis who made 10 million off losing a fight which he won, want to go back to MMA and fight jones for say much much less?

You do realize, Dana White does not respect Francis, and called JJ the baddest man at HW, cause Dana is not friends with Francis because Francis told us the truth about the BS from Dana...Francis is a humble good man that speaks from the heart....Dana...is a business man that speaks from a crap heart ......Dana, put JJ above Francis...to see who the baddest man of the planet is..to not respect Francis...who left as the baddest HW...to go into boxing...which he proved his real strength from his boxing...Dana...now, won't recognize that..he want to bring it back to MMA..but Dana been playing the same game for long....Dana is a sell out to UFC...don't expect what he thinks or says has anything to do with the truth...it has to do with firing and hiring...black and white...just a calculated snake.

Never going to happen re: KO.

He hit Fury with clean right hands and hooks and didn't hurt him.

Think he'd be a big favourite over Jones though.

No, because boxing has nothing to do with fighting. They are not fighters, they are boxers. Comentators freaked out when he threw the superman punch at the end because that's illegal. Fucking everything is illegal there. He can't punch while grabbing. He had to use those ridiculously giant gloves made to prolongue fights. He couldn't jump on Fury and finish the thing when he dropped him, he had to wait for a count.

Look, boxing is big, it's more popular than MMA. But being good at that doesn't make you a better fighter, it just makes you a boxer. Boxing is simply a punching contest with a very specific set of rules (you can't jump or punch with both hands if you ever wanted it). MMA is actual fighting with a bunch rules that were only added to protect the fighters. There are no bullshit rules, the thing was created to mimic an actual fight.

So, the greatest fighter is one of the GOATs of MMA, pick whichever you like because it's kind of a subjective thing apparentely. If Francis wants that title he should have stayed and defended his belt, but I reckon he doesn't care and that's ok.

Stomps, knees on ground, soccer kicks, punching behind the head, slamming, etc.

Also on a soft surface. With no clothes on to grab ahold of. No shoes. Etc. Breaks every 5 minutes.

Boxing is actually unironically as close to a real fight as MMA. Their rules evolved over time too as wrestling butting and throwing were initially legal. And there were not gloves.

Real fighting without weapons 1 on 1 with people of same weight isn't really a thing post high school anyways.

He did defend the belt though. He fought every opponent possible until his contract was up. Then he took a new deal to make more money. Dana’s bitch didn’t do shit for 3 years until Francis left. Francis shit all over both of them. Took a huge shit all over Tyson Fury, Dana, Jon Jones the whole lot. You think Jon Jones could whip his ass well he can’t even fight Stipe. Francis is far superior in every way. Maybe Daddy Dana will book Jon vs Francis now but he is too scared and Jon would never take it anyways.

No, the Stipe from 5-6 years ago would have done the same, even more better. And then Stefan Struve from 10-12 years ago, is clearly the HW GOAT of today. It's not even a competition anymore.

In terms of crossover combat, he's already top class.

No MMA fighter has been able to be that competitive against the Champion in boxing, let alone be a top contender.

Remains to be seen if he stays active as a boxer, but based off that performance I don't see how he won't be ranked in the top 10 of heavyweights.

He did easily as good against Fury as Wilder did.

Back