"If I have chance to take Judo Olympic gold medal or Freestyle?...please, Judo"- Khabib

That graph is absolutely false. GSP started as a karateka and you somehow don't have Machina listed as a karateka either. Khabib considers himself more of a judoka than a wrestler, yet somehow you have him mixed in with wrestlers.

Garbage.

Watch their fights.

Khabib and GSP are wrestlers.

Khabib woulda went to Glendale if he was a judoka, not aka

isn't that just sport Judo? like the way sport karate is watered down, but Lyoto's karate is legit. i remember seeing an old documentary about samurai and they did all kinds of shit like armbars on the ground and everything in their Judo because it was life or death.
Judo was invented in the late 1800s, it was preceded by a bunch of different martial arts though, including jujitsu. I.e. judo was never utilised by samurai.

Actually watch his fights.

I know its fashionable to hate on wrestlers gere (the US by proxy) but really watch his fights
That's fucking hilarious considering the amount of nooblets here who haven't trained a day of martial arts, let alone judo, yet feels like they're in a position to bash it.

Judo is more widespread than wrestling, especially in Europe and Latin America. So technically the competition is bigger.
I think the number of countries that compete in Olympic judo is something like twice the number that compete in Olympic wrestling. Judo is much more global.

Judo is not optimal for MMA because of the gi but it doesn't "suck", a lot of guys train judo and utilize judo concepts they're just not recognized as Judoka.

The biggest reason why people "train wrestling" and not judo is because you probably watch the UFC which takes place in USA...where Judo is not popular and wrestling relatively is. You never thought about how Russians and Japanese have judo backgrounds?
Ok, it doesn't suck... it's "not optimal" lol

No, I'm talking about in elite MMA gyms worldwide, they train wrestling, not judo, it has nothing to do with wrestling being popular in America, it has to do with wrestling being significantly more effective in MMA

That's fucking hilarious considering the amount of nooblets here who haven't trained a day of martial arts, let alone judo, yet feels like they're in a position to bash it.

Khabibs training partners were american wrestlers

As a judoka that has wrestled a bit I can say with certainty that wrestling > judo for mma.
Biggest advantage of wrestling is to be an attacking art that can be well combined with a forward stance for punches.
Second advantage is wrestling being concentrated on progression instead of ippon.

what about if mma matches started fully clothed?

Judo was invented in the late 1800s, it was preceded by a bunch of different martial arts though, including jujitsu. I.e. judo was never utilised by samurai.

oh it must've been jjujitsu then. it was a long time ago, but the documentary was about judo.

i wasn't bashing judo, and i have trained and fought before. just not in judo.

Khabibs training partners were american wrestlers

Khabib spent more time training in Dagestan than the US, overall.

You sound so insecure about american wrestling lol.

Would you be required to wear the clothes for the duration or could you take your shirt off? Would you have to wear venum or could you wear gucci?

id say you cant take it off unless it comes off in the fight. Both venum and gucci allowed. What do u think?

Back