If Jon Jones gets absolutely dominated by Ciryl Gane, how much would it affect his legacy?

this is a fight that can elevate jones, while not able to take away

Still the GOAT in my eyes. I will accept him through thick and thin. I..... I love him.

I love you Jon, please take me away, far away~

love-cute.gif

Why are fanboying Jones the way teenage girls fangirling BTS

Instead of being the only undefeated one he'd now be like all the other GOAT candidates who all have brutal losses. Except he'd have 1 instead of multiple.

So nothing really changes.

Hypothetical situation
Jon Jones and Ciryl Gane fight, and Jones gets absolutely dominated and destroyed from start to finish. Jones gets outwrestled, out-struck, and beaten to a pulp and made to look like an amateur.

How much would such a loss like that affect his legacy?
Would he still be mentioned among the other GOAT candidates? Would he still be GOAT? Would he drop from top 5 to top 10?

Keep in mind, most GOAT candidates have had bad losses already, e.g. GSP-Serra, Aldo-Conor, Silva-Weidman, Fedor later in his career.

I personally think a loss wouldn't harm his legacy too much (not as bad as PED's did), due to the long layoff, aging, fighting for the first time in HW etc. It would definitely take away his aura of invincibility though.
I know Jones has lots of haters who cannot wait for him to lose so they can discredit and bash on him non-stop though.

yw2ovmf21pkbpr9ucvb8.jpg

Exposed.

Ducked HW for over a decade. Bullied lhws based on attributes despite beinga hw plus popping countless of times.

#Exposed #pigograms #MANUFACTUREDUSADAExposes

I'll get lots of hate from all the fanboys but he can't be called the GOAT. GOAT should be a fighter that nobody can defeat because he is closest to the perfect fighter and the only guy i saw coming to this criteria is Khabib. Jon jones always had hard times against same height or taller fighters and if he have no answer against guys who got reach advantage over him i don't see how he is a GOAT.

No to mention being goat poppy McGee. Picograms <Lmaoo>I can't wait for what usada manufactures this time. <Moves>

Still the GOAT unless you’re 12 and think fighters only started using PEDs when USADA was implemented and all others who fought without testing get a pass

Hypothetical situation
Jon Jones and Ciryl Gane fight, and Jones gets absolutely dominated and destroyed from start to finish. Jones gets outwrestled, out-struck, and beaten to a pulp and made to look like an amateur.

How much would such a loss like that affect his legacy?
Would he still be mentioned among the other GOAT candidates? Would he still be GOAT? Would he drop from top 5 to top 10?

Keep in mind, most GOAT candidates have had bad losses already, e.g. GSP-Serra, Aldo-Conor, Silva-Weidman, Fedor later in his career.

I personally think a loss wouldn't harm his legacy too much (not as bad as PED's did), due to the long layoff, aging, fighting for the first time in HW etc. It would definitely take away his aura of invincibility though.
I know Jones has lots of haters who cannot wait for him to lose so they can discredit and bash on him non-stop though.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 100016.png

Everyone will just say it wasn't prime Jones but it doesn't matter

Took 3 years off
Moved up a weight class
First fight at HW against a guy like Gane for the title...

Still the GOAT

Still behind GSP no matter the outcome.
Man, if he beats Gane that'd be a statement. But I'm betting money against that. Picto barely squeaked thru Marreta and Reyes. Couldn't wrestle them down. What's he gonna do against a 240lbs, very mobile, better boxer? He'll do pictos and a shitload of coke, that's it.

Does he get finished in this situation? You didn't mention.

If he survives this domination it may even add to his legacy, his poor showing would be blamed on his ring rust and age/mileage.

It makes his goat case stronger. Assuming he doesn't pop for roids and has a clean win over a legit HW...that is good

Probably becomes the goat. Right now it's GSP undisputed

A lot of people will say Jones was never good. In reality, he's just older and doesn't have the frame or size for HW. It'll be similar to Izzy moving up. They are near perfect at their weight class but it's too much of a jump going up.

If Jones beats Gane, Fedor is still my GOAT but I think it's hard to argue on paper that Jones passed all of the tests. The only knock is the steroid failure but if you think any of your favorite fighters are clean, well...

Back