If MMA was like boxing

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Flyweight: DJ Champion, Cejudo Champion, Benavidez Champion, Pettis Champion, Borg Champion

Bantamweight: Garbrandt Champ, Cruz Champ, Dillashaw Champ, Assuncao Champ, Moraes Champ

Featherweight: Aldo Champ, Holloway Champ, Edgar Champ, Ortega Champ, Mendes Champ

Lightweight: Khabib Champ, Conor Champ, Tony Champ, Lee Champ, Poirier Champ

Welterweight: Woodley Champ, Wonderboy Champ, Lawler Champ, Till Champ, Covington Champ

Middleweight: Romero Champ, Whittaker Champ, Rockhold Champ, Weidman Champ, Gastelum Champ

Light Heavyweight: DC Champ, Jones Champ, Gustafsson Champ, Rumble Champ, Oezdemir Champ

Heavyweight: DC Champ, Stipe Champ, Ngannou Champ, Blaydes Champ, Volkov Champ

Also if any of them fought eachother it would be labelled a "superfight" lol.

Isn't MMA already like this? Instead of WBA, WBC, IBF, etc, we have UFC, Bellator, ONE, etc.

When they pass out interim belts like crazy, we sorta get that.

Flyweight: DJ Champion, Cejudo Champion, Benavidez Champion, Pettis Champion, Borg Champion

Bantamweight: Garbrandt Champ, Cruz Champ, Dillashaw Champ, Assuncao Champ, Moraes Champ

Featherweight: Aldo Champ, Holloway Champ, Edgar Champ, Ortega Champ, Mendes Champ

Welterweight: Woodley Champ, Wonderboy Champ, Lawler Champ, Till Champ, Covington Champ

Middleweight: Romero Champ, Whittaker Champ, Rockhold Champ, Weidman Champ, Gastelum Champ

Light Heavyweight: DC Champ, Jones Champ, Gustafsson Champ, Rumble Champ, Oezdemir Champ

GGG vs Canelo 2 was close

STFU

I find it very stupid. Have ONE belt and just have people fighting over it like we do in the UFC.

This is what Dana would look like in this alternate world..

Di9yL6PW0AEFiR8.jpg

I don't belive you can find many boxing fans who can name all champions. So many weight classes, too many belts.

Yes as has been said. The ufc belt is the equivalent of the wbc belt.

Then there's the other orgs like bellator one fc etc making up the wba wbo and ibf.

Then there is the lesser tier shit.

It's already very similar.

Isn't MMA already like this? Instead of WBA, WBC, IBF, etc, we have UFC, Bellator, ONE, etc.

WBA, WBC and IBF titles are considered of roughly equal prestige. The WBO and IBO belts are also considered legit world titles.
The UFC title is easily the most prestigous in the sport and is the defacto lineal belt of each divison, in the same way that the Super Bowl winners will still be considered the world champions of American football even with the existence of other leagues like The Spring League, AAF, XFL etc

WBA, WBC and IBF titles are considered of roughly equal prestige. The WBO and IBO belts are also considered legit world titles.
The UFC title is easily the most prestigous in the sport and is the defacto lineal belt of each divison, in the same way that the Super Bowl winners will still be considered the world champions of American football even with the existence of other leagues like The Spring League, AAF, XFL etc
In other news I hear McMahon is having another crack at the XFL?

I hope what I hear is true.

Or you can have world champ, intercontinental, United States, European, etc. like pro-wrestling.

I find it very stupid. Have ONE belt and just have people fighting over it like we do in the UFC.
I’m in the minority and I’m not saying everyone has to agree, but I think belts are kinda stupid

IBO is absolutely NOT considered a legit word title.

There's not much I like about boxing these days, but multiple belts has always been something I'm for. A big reason a lot of these fights are super fights is because they're essentially different fighters in different organizations. Boxing doesn't have organizations, but you catch my drift. Pride champions vs. UFC champions used to be a big deal. Now you have UFC champions v. the next #1 contender. It's stale.

If MMA was like boxing, the UFC welterweight Champ would be fighting the Bellator welterweight Champ. He could also unify the belt against the WSOF Champ and even the ONE FC champ.

Imagine the fights that could be made if they allow unified titles!!!!

Heck, let's demand MMA act like boxing.

Back