If Nikola Jokic wins the season MVP, repeats and wins both playoff MVP & the NBA Championship - Where then do you rank him among the greatest centers?

Where then do you rank him among the greatest centers?

• Total voters
Your posts reek of feeling inferior to America. Like quietly insulting your big brother when your parents are right next to you. Lmao. If Jokic was American-born, you'd say he wasn't even that good.

Now go back to playing in the mud, please.

close-door-the-office.gif
I hit the nerve didnt i all true right

Yeah i know that is your all ammo you have annoyance with spelling but other than that i am spot on. Its is gayish to constantly salivate over guy physique and how much better he is then you or other athletes and you are in apsolute awww
Your posts reek of feeling inferior to America. Like quietly insulting your big brother when your parents are right next to you. Lmao. If Jokic was American-born, you'd say he wasn't even that good.

Now go back to playing in the mud, please.

close-door-the-office.gif

If you want pure comedy, fican admitted on a previous account that he lives in the US, is pushing 300 lbs and tried running up a small hill near where he lives to get in shape but couldn't do it (so he just gave up).

<36>

If you want pure comedy, fican admitted on a previous account that he lives in the US, is pushing 300 lbs and tried running up a small hill near where he lives to get in shape but couldn't do it (so he just gave up).

<36>
What is it about you people that think people telling you how you are is because people can not be like you

The 76ers were 29-14 before Embiid went down (55-27 pace).
They are 8-16 since (27-55 pace).

Despite all the arguments rooted in advanced statistical analysis for Jokic last year, the MVP he didn't win is looking more and more justifiable.

Despite all the arguments rooted in advanced statistical analysis for Jokic last year, the MVP he didn't win is looking more and more justifiable.
Certainly shows his impact on the team when he’s off the court, however take Jokic or Luka off their respective team and I think those teams will be worse off so its not something unique to just embiid.

Last year was different though. 76ers legit had better record without Embiid in the lineup in both the regular season and post season. Likely two factors: 1) James Harden and Maxey on the same team was a better offset. 2) yhis year before the injury Embiid was playing more Jokic-like in terms of his ball distribution and assists numbers compared to last year.

I will agree though that this year before the injury Embiid was playing on a legit MVP level in terms as overall quality and meaning to his team. Though right now Jokic's on/off stats show a league leading (with minutes played qualifier) of +48 wins which is absurd.

He's in my top 5 without a doubt.

1. Hakeem Olajuwon
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Nikola Jokic
5. Wilt Chamberlain

Not enough time played - so there's a gap between where he ranks on ability versus where he ranks on accomplishment.

He has played enough to say ability wise he's amongst the greats. Possibly top 10, maybe 5. He is the all-time career (regular season and post season) PER leader, all time WS/48 leader, has the craziest VORP/game played.

He's possibly the most versatile player in the history of game offensively. The most dominant post player these days, the best passing center ever and arguably the best passer ever. As a near 7 footer dominant post player he shot like 46% from three in the playoffs last year. Leading the league in the post season for all of points, boards, and assists is possibly the greatest single post season accomplishment for a player in history.

He also plays in the most talented time in basketball, when the NBA is truly a league that has the best talent from all over the world and the rest of the world got way better compared to the great centers before him. The top 5 players in the league right now are all foreign, and just the level and depth of talent is higher.

The struggle I think for most is that when people think of best basketball players ever, they like to think of who's the guy who would dominate a 1 on 1. Jokic is an absolute maestro and savant of structured basketball and elevating teammates. A true unicorn in the sense of how many times he touches the ball in a game versus how much time he's holding on to it. He's always engineering the most efficient offense, which basically means adjusting to what defense gives him as opposed to imposing his will on the defense. He makes them pick their poison. But ultimately what sets him apart isn't that he could theoretically put up more points every game if he wanted to, or theoretically if he wanted to focus on distribution he could get more assists every game, it's that he marries those abilities with the best decision making in the history of the game.

There are so many options as to the variety of ways in which he can score, and what passes or screens he can make for teammates, the defense is always off balance. The permutations that go through his head on what is the right basketball play on any given day for the amount of options he has at his disposable is unlike anything in the history of the game we have seen.

1. Hakeem
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Russell
6. Moses
7. Jokic

I think jokic has a good chance at passing Moses, Russell, and Shaq. I think people overrate Shaq a little bit. I'm a huge fan but the guy was kinda lazy compared to the others on the list.

1. Hakeem
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Shaq
5. Russell
6. Moses
7. Jokic

I think jokic has a good chance at passing Moses, Russell, and Shaq. I think people overrate Shaq a little bit. I'm a huge fan but the guy was kinda lazy compared to the others on the list.
I don't understand the metrics for this list, UT I agree with part of yours.

However, of joker keeps doing what he's doing for awhile, any particular reason he can't pass everybody on that list?

To early to tell for now somewhere In the top 10 when all is said & done most likely top 5

I don't understand the metrics for this list, UT I agree with part of yours.

However, of joker keeps doing what he's doing for awhile, any particular reason he can't pass everybody on that list?
I didn't just rely on metrics alone, or wilt would be #1. Or Russell if you value rings over everything else.

To me, Hakeem is #1 because the 80's/90's were the golden age of centers and Hakeem outplayed all of them. You had so many greats playing against Hakeem during this time, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, Mourning, Olajuwon, Mutumbo, Kareem, Moses, Parrish, Smits, Daugherty.

But yeah I suppose it's possible for joker to pass all of them but he's already 29, so we'll have to see if he falls off hard with age or starts doing roids like LeBron so he can play till he's 40.

1. Wilt
2. Shaq
3. Joker
4. Kareem
5. Hakeem

Back