If Society was organized exactly how the bible says, would you want to be apart of it?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would you want to be a part of it?

would it be a utopia?

what's your ideal society?

Is it free from religion? if so what's one's moral compass?

What do you teach children in a godless society?

I think if Marriage was between 1 man and 1 woman (as much as I love pussy). You wouldn't have so much divorce. When the family Unit is destroyed societys, don't have a base to build safe, functioning....societies upon.

What if People as the norm by norm i mean 99.99% treated thy neighbor as they would want to be treated.

No dating before marriage, so marriage would have to be at an early age I'm thinking 14 for a girl wed to a 16-18 yo man.

I then think most of society's ills would not exists

as much as I love guns...if we treated each other like we wanted to be treated... would there really ever arise a situation where you'd need to shoot someone?

thoughts.

My thought is that we have plenty of history to look back on that more or less answers the question of what a society run by religion looks like. As far as a society that would be formed to truly adhere to the example of Jesus and is about charity and the well being of your neighbor, it sounds like any other fanciful society that only accounts for the good parts of human nature--completely impractical.

would it be a utopia?

I think if Marriage was between 1 man and 1 woman (as much as I love pussy). You wouldn't have so much divorce. When the family Unit is destroyed societys, don't have a base to build safe, functioning....societies upon.

What if People as the norm by norm i mean 99.99% treated thy neighbor as they would want to be treated.

No dating before marriage, so marriage would have to be at an early age I'm thinking 14 for a girl wed to a 16-18 yo man.

as much as I love guns...if we treated each other like we wanted to be treated... would there really ever arise a situation where you'd need to shoot someone?

thoughts.
Didn't read much, but the bible doesn't say 1 man 1 woman. I'd sigbet a month it has alternative relationship structures.

Not everyone read the bible. So what's society like in the bible? No sex til marriage? You would see a lot of divorce or cheating. Or many wives. I choose many wives.

What do you mean "how the bible says"? The bible wasn't a fantasy utopian book, like the whole point of it was how flawed people and was filled with stories of people behaving poorly.

Yeah, multiple studies have shown that more sexual partners and relationships before marriages have an inverse relationship on marital happiness, but the age of maturity has been pushed back like more than a decade over the years, so people at that age are still dependents and can't afford to get married or raise a family. It's not great for a balanced society, but not much anybody can do about it.

Not everyone read the bible. So what's society like in the bible? No sex til marriage? You would see a lot of divorce or cheating. Or many wives. I choose many wives.
You already see a lot of divorce and cheating, so that was hardly a prerequisite.

It would basically be a moral-authoritarian quasi-communist pseudo-utopia

There are worse things, but it's gonna be a no for me as well, dawg

7zTBGWY.png

You get the right-wing virtues of beating slaves, taking war wives, killing gays, subservience to the state, and murdering kids for making fun of old folks.

Plus, you get the added left-wing virtues of demonizing personal wealth, forced acceptance of prostitutes and persons with infectious diseases, and general charitability.

would it be a utopia?

thoughts.

The Bible is twice as violent than the Quran. Secularism came into being for a reason.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...han-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

would it be a utopia?

thoughts.

I prefer cooler religions like Norse Mythology, or Greco-roman. I be a part of that. Oh and extreme islam of course. I can have as many wives as young as I want. Cant beat that.

There will have to be a turn to Jesus for the world to be healed. It's the only way.

The Bible is twice as violent than the Quran. Secularism came into being for a reason.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...han-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

Wrong wrong wrong.

The bible has many handholds for people that dont want to behave like the Yahweh of the old testament. It's muddled and contradictory fashion has helped it in some ways, among them being that while people can certainly find summons to violence, they can also find summons to peace.

The Quran takes the universality of the new testament, and keeps the provincial deity of the old testament. One thing that really sets Islam and it's Quran apart is the process of abrogation that Islamic scholars use to deal with contradictions. When scholars find a contradiction, abrogation is the technique they use to place more emphasis on the later passage. All the peaceful Quranic stuff is in the earlier passages, before Muhammed fled to Medina, and all the later stuff is the more violent ramblings of a warlord, eager to foment vengeance against his enemies.

The Bible is not more violent than the Quran, and it does not even match it.

There will have to be a turn to Jesus for the world to be healed. It's the only way.

Jesus cant help anyone today. He straight up said when he would come back, and that time passed about 1920 years ago.

I think if everyone acted more like Jesus society would be almost perfect.

I think if Christians, alone, acted more like Jesus society would be pretty fantastic.

I would jump on that bandwagon and abandon atheism.

Instead, we have complete pieces of shit running around as devoted Christians and society is much lesser for it.

Why do religious people reward religious leaders who clearly are preaching values and behaving in ways Jesus condemned?

I've never understood why the cream doesn't rise to the top of Christianity. Especially since it's the followers that make and break leaders. In many ways, religion is one of the most pure forms of democracy there is.

Back