If the UFC gave Machida his retirement fight, who should it be against ?

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Yes, I would like to fight at least one more time, who knows - (it) can be the farewell or something like that. I’m training pretty much every day because I love to train, it’s a part of my life. Martial arts is in my blood, but you never know. I train with the young guys and I do sparring at least once a week and I feel very good"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023...nger-bellator-wants-one-more-fight-retirement

Realistically, I think it would be great to go out against any top 15 ranked fighter in the division.
In my fantasy matchup, I would love to see a crazy one last hoorah fight against Izzy just for the hell of it. Imagine if Lyoto somehow won and retired the champ !

Last edited:
Randy Couture rematch. Fans want Machida to go out on a win.

That's the danger there, he is sparring with young guys who admire him and they're holding back, making him think he's still got it.

No wonder he stuck around long enough to get ko'd by some spazz who wouldn't lay a glove on him in his prime.

Last edited:
UFC rarely does farewell fights. They would probably feed Old Lyoto to an up and comer.

Shogun fought that ukranian dude
Diego Sanchez fought Jake Matthews
Rashad ended up his career fighting Kelly, Alvey and Smith lol.

Just to name a few examples.

If Rashad is actually still fighting,id pick that.

Rashad did amazing in his last fight! I think they should resign him for a couple more fights.

Back