If There was No Makeup

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
So there is this doc on TV about makeup.
The amount of money women spend (waste) on makeup is ridiculous.
I don't like the idea of makeup...
Convincing women their regular looks aren't good enough, yet for some reason men don't have to wear it...
plus its a colossal money sink...

But I can't help but admit, women done up in makeup generally look better.
What's your opinion?
Maybe men should wear makeup.
Would you wear makeup if women started being attracted to guys who wear makeup?

I have no sympathy here. Women aren't forced to do anything, and make up is deceptive by its very nature. If women want to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours every year to convince men that their noses are smaller than they are, that they have less wrinkles than they do, then that's up to them.

No, I wouldn't wear make up.

Yeah. Idk how I feel about make up honestly. On the one hand I wish it weren't a thing and women could feel more comfortable without it. But on the other hand I know even if we took away, there would still be women with low self esteem which makeup could help boost, and there's nothing wrong with that tbh. You also gotta consider the people with skin conditions which makeup helps conceal so they can go out and no feel bad about themselves.

For myself I used to throw on makeup when I was younger, and got to the point where I couldn't even open the door unless I had it on. In a weird way of trying to make myself feel better I ended up feeling worse about myself because I felt I didn't look good enough without it. So I started to wear less n less, and for the past few years I've been wearing none at all and feel fine with my face xD lol. Now n then I throw on the black makeup for a "look" but that's all.

Also I like men in makeup x: not gonna lie. But it has to be done in a way that suits them . . . Well I guess that's obvious xD lol.

The crusted look like shit. The ones ya cant tell fine. No.

I don't want to live in a world where women look uglier than what they are. Who wants to see a LA1 end up as a Detroit 10

I have no sympathy here. Women aren't forced to do anything, and make up is deceptive by its very nature. If women want to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours every year to convince men that their noses are smaller than they are, that they have less wrinkles than they do, then that's up to them.

No, I wouldn't wear make up.
Why does everything women do with their appearance have to be about men? Yeah I'm sure there's plenty that want to appear more attractive to the opposite sex. But that's not every one of them. And I think the majority do it as a way to make themselves feel better about their appearance before they worry about appealing to men.

Now come here bima n let me fill ur brows xx

The amount of time women take to ready themselves on a daily basis is substantial - waking up an hour earlier than one needs to, for example; couldn't do that myself and would much rather prioritise the extra sleep and muscle recovery.

But, there exists no "expectation" or standard that I am to look a certain way so maybe not my place to judge.

Why does everything women do with their appearance have to be about men? Yeah I'm sure there's plenty that want to appear more attractive to the opposite sex. But that's not every one of them. And I think the majority do it as a way to make themselves feel better about their appearance before they worry about appealing to men.

They can put on make up or not put on make up for whatever reason they want. Doesn't matter to me.

Maybe the make up is to feel better about their own appearance. But they look how they look, regardless of how skilled they become at concealing their flaws.

If they want to spend the time and money, go for it. Doesn't bother me any.

And unless they are gay / bi, any attention a man pays to his appearance is pretty much about impressing women, unless it has professional or workplace implications (eg. business attire required).

sorry, thats just the way we think as men.
The only possible thing that could influence a man to do something like that would be if it brought him more women.

Remember in the first Tim Burton Batman when Joker tainted the chemicals? Is that the world you want to live in? People on TV have to be beautiful.

Remember in the first Tim Burton Batman when Joker tainted the chemicals? Is that the world you want to live in? People on TV have to be beautiful.
I watch sports all the time, those people aren't beautiful.

I watch sports all the time, those people aren't beautiful.

You're not paying athletes for their looks, you're paying them for their athleticism.

Actors and tv personalities you pay for their look.

This is kinda obvious

You're not paying athletes for their looks, you're paying them for their athleticism.

Actors and tv personalities you pay for their look.

This is kinda obvious
I thought you paid them for acting skill?
If not how do you explain Chris Farley and the like.

Chris Farley was funny and you also paid for his fat guy Schlick look.

Chris Farley wouldn't have been funny if he was skinny and did all those things. Him being overweight is what added to his comedy and look.

No one pays Clint Eastwood's kid for his acting.

Back in the glam rock days, some men DID put on makeup, like women's makeup, in absurd amounts that make today's trannys look demure. And they did it for the chicks, obviously. The crazy thing is that it seemed to have worked, at least somewhat.

Me myself, would not sell out like that. I would sell out some other way, but not that way. I'm a natural bro, 100%

As for women wearing no makeup, women themselves would never allow for that.

Makeup is what makes it possible to compete with other girls. Once the makeup comes off, it's obvious who is the best looking by miles. 99.5% of chicks do NOT want that to happen because they instantly lose massive amounts of stock in overall social value. This is their own game, that they created to get the edge over each other in society.

I don't know, my girlfriend looks great without it. Some is okay but overdoing it is crazy, but I mean, most people can tell when a woman is overdoing it and can see through that as well. I guess when you are drunk at a bar or something, a lot of makeup probably changes your perspective quite a bit though.

Back