If waldimir beats joe Louis record would you rank him top ten of all time?

tfcfights

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If waldimir beats joe Louis 25 consecutive title defenses a boxing record. Closes hw is Larry holmes with 20 wins. To do it wald would probably have too fight three times a year.

Wald would have too be top ten no matter how much you hate he would beat everyone of his era. And alot of Larry and joes defenses were bums too. I would probably put him at 8.

Where would you rank him?

Also wilder steps up competition

Wilder vs Kevin price August 4th live on fox sports both undefeated heavyweights

Deontay Wilder vs. Kelvin Price Set For 8/4 On Fox Sports - Boxing News

He is already a top 10 heavyweight in my opinion. Towards the bottom though.

Isn't he only on about 15 now? Still a long way to go.

As already stated he probably should be top 10 already. The historians will dispute it but the likes of Tunney, Marciano, Dempsey would have no chance against Wladimir. Even Louis, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis would be pick em fights.

It's the nature of sports. Humans get better. Carl Lewis would struggle to make an Olympic 100m final in this day and age.

He can win all the awards he wants in my eyes he'll never be better than Vitali. He's definitely a first ballot hall of famer, no question, but I can't rank him over his brother.

Vitali is so technically brilliant. He can fight on the outside, he has a great defensive 'mechanism' that is very unique and makes unstoppable. He puts his arms out in front of him on his opponents arms to weaken the blow of their punches. It is very advanced stuff. He is tall and can move his head back when a punch is going his way. He can neutralize the dominant hand of his opponent. Has a great inside game. Not only that I mean he didn't lose to guys like Purrity, Sanders and Brewster. Sanders and Brewester were good HW's, but Purrity is not good. We saw what Vitali did to Purrity and Sanders, it was a one sided beat down.

You think Vitali has a better resume?

As already stated he probably should be top 10 already. The historians will dispute it but the likes of Tunney, Marciano, Dempsey would have no chance against Wladimir. Even Louis, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Lewis would be pick em fights.

It's the nature of sports. Humans get better. Carl Lewis would struggle to make an Olympic 100m final in this day and age.

Brewster and Sanders smashed him, neither would last 3 rounds with any of the men you listed

Wlad would have no chance with any of them, they are all more athletic, tougher, have a better style then jab jab clinch right hand jab clinch, and they have chins

Last edited:
He wasn't undisputed until he beat Chagaev, and even since then with his brother around it's hard to say that he's the man.

You think Vitali has a better resume?

Yea but its not like Vitali couldn't have beaten all those guys either. Wladimir is a great heavyweight but he's too one-dimensional. He just hides behind a jab. It works, so I can't knock him for that, but when you compare how Vitali disposes of his opponents with Wladimir, you can see a great gap in skill level. I mean Wladimir got knocked down multiple times by Sam Peter.

When Vitali faced Sam Peter, coming off 4 years of retirement. Sam Peter also beat James Toney twice. He demolished Sam Peter he won every round of that fight. I think that really tells you the skill gap between them.

Vitali is a the better of the brothers. However, Wlad is no slouch. I have him highly ranked but not ahead of Vitali and not above Louis. He lost alot of stock with me when he lost to Corrie Saunders and didnt rematch or avenge his loss. Instead, he sent in Vitali...

Joe Louis got smashed by max in the first fight Lennox got koed twice. Sugar ray Leonard and robinson loss. Muhammad Ali lost so stop hating on klits too losses he got caught. And saying vitali is better technically is a joke wald has better defense the guy barely gets hit. He's has more koes which he will break tht record too. Vitali has a better chin, funner style to watch, and is maybe has better offense all around. Waldimir will own two most prestigious records and most koes and most title defenses and has a better amatuer record.

Carl Lewis would still hit gold quite easily in the long jump, his main focus :)
Joe Blogs: The 30-Foot Jump

Joe Louis got smashed by max in the first fight Lennox got koed twice. Sugar ray Leonard and robinson loss. Muhammad Ali lost so stop hating on klits too losses he got caught. And saying vitali is better technically is a joke wald has better defense the guy barely gets hit. He's has more koes which he will break tht record too. Vitali has a better chin, funner style to watch, and is maybe has better offense all around. Waldimir will own two most prestigious records and most koes and most title defenses and has a better amatuer record.

All of those guys avenged their losses

& they were against top guys, not the small fry that Wlad got taken out by
No shame in losing to Frazier, Duran or LaMotta

& Oliver McCall & Hasim Rahman are still a shade or 3 above the likes of Ross Purity (who ironically has a loss to Hasim Rahman)

Also, paragraphs. No one enjoys being assaulted by a wall of text.

I'll say this TS,if he makes 25 straight successful defenses of the title,I don't know if it would mean he should be ranked higher than Joe Louis(who may have been the greatest of all HW champs) but it sure in the fuck couldn't hurt his case either.He's still active,let's see what he's accomplished when he's done before he's compared to the brown bomber.It's not really fair to compare ANY fighter to Louis.JL was one of the best boxers period.

Get your facts straight he's at 16 title defenses in a row

11 title defenses in a row, 12 title fights

1. Chris Byrd (won IBF and vacant IBO title)
2. Calvin Brock
3. Ray Austin
4. Lamon Brewster
5. Sultan Ibragimov (won WBO title)
6. Tony Thompson
7. Hasim Rahman
8. Ruslan Chagaev (won The Ring title)
9. Eddie Chambers
10. Samuel Peter
11. David Haye (won WBA title)
12. Jean Marc Mormeck

He's not even half way to Joe Louis' mark.

All of those guys avenged their losses

& they were against top guys, not the small fry that Wlad got taken out by
No shame in losing to Frazier, Duran or LaMotta

& Oliver McCall & Hasim Rahman are still a shade or 3 above the likes of Ross Purity (who ironically has a loss to Hasim Rahman)

Also, paragraphs. No one enjoys being assaulted by a wall of text.

Purity was early in his career, I don't think it has any bearing on his improvement and accomplishments since then. P.s. I disagree about your assessment of Rahman... Nice enough guy but he built his entire career around his "punch" in south africa.... His best win after Lewis was probably Monte Barrett and he's been ko'd so many times.

Back