If we lost in WWII, do you think the world would be that bad?

If we lost in WWII, do you think the world would be that bad?

• Total voters
I'm not a historian or anything. However like many Europeans, my family was quite affected by WW2, which led to intense research on the subject for over a decade.
I've also got a strong interest in military science, so I've especially studied the military aspects of it. In addition to the subject of war crimes which has fascinated me.

The German aim for war is an old European concept called "Mitteleuropa". It is a German geostrategic belief that if the center of the European continental mass is controlled, this superpower would then indirectly control the world and be autarkic, without needing further invasions. Hitler essentially pursued this goal, which had been pursued by the Germans and other European powers ever since the middle Ages.

Such a superstate would rival Asia or America and would not feel the need to attack them, only maintain them at a distance or trade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitteleuropa
<TheWire1>
Consider me enlightened.

...and yet Stalin killed far more people than Hitler.

Both thoroughly evil scumbags.

and Mao killed more than both of them combined...

Western world certainly would not be as degenerated as it is now

)
you think the Third Reich was not degenerate?

have you ever read what happened in the concentration camps?

Are white people that fought the nazis the dumbest people that ever lived? Just askin

the white people in america become citizens of the most powerful nation on earth...oh and people of other colors in the usa

The wrong side won ww2. How can we look at our current society and not see a hellscape ruled by totalitarian weirdos who pervert everything noble and good.

The main problem is that since ww2 the West as we know it is nothing more than an economic construct. There are no more higher goals. We're back in the days of the robber Barons except this time it's tech robber barons.

I think we're enjoying the milk and honey but the west's time is limited at this point.

If the Axis pulled it off somehow I don’t think they would have been able to hold it all together for long. Waaaay too much territory to govern over.. Hitler most likely doesn’t live much longer due to his assumed medical issues and once you remove him, many German top dogs didn’t think like him and that would have changed a lot of things too.

For some people in the world , it wouldn't have mattered, because they got slaughtered by other groups. How would things have turned out for some people in the former 'stans if the Axis had won, who knows....

World war 2 was the last time the U.S were the "good" guys

Japanese were trying to invade my homeland. They would’ve killed my people or worse. My grandpa went to war and gave them the biggest swinging dick they had ever seen and made damn sure they stayed off our continent.

Last edited:
Well, Germany was tied to Japan who had an ongoing conflict with the USA. If America withdrew from Europe with its tail between its legs, it's not certain that Germany would have just said goodbye and good luck.

Czechoslovakia, Poland, etc. would have become slave states to Germany. France would also have become a slave state and remained so.

Germany would probably have been a bit less harsh to Britain when the war was over, to some degree. But France and Eastern Europe would have been pimped out in perpetuity for resources with their residents treated as subhuman, just not actively exterminated.

The French wouldn't have been "slaves" in the same sense as Slavs, IMO. The Nazi's would've had more respect for the French(not as much as they had for the Brits, but a damn sight more than any eastern Euro country). Historically, obviously Germans had an adversarial relationship with the French, but Slavs are literally seen as subhuman in Nazi ideology.

As an expert on WW2 I will say this.
  • USA would be completely unaffected and the same. This idea that Germans wanted to conquer the world is preposterous. Though the USA still needed to defeat the Japanese however.
  • Europe would literally be the same, with a dominant Germany. Only we wouldn't have a woke EU but a fascistic EU.
  • We probably would not have the immigration problems in the EU.
Basically for Europe, it can be almost argued that German victory would be somewhat positive. But only due to the shitstorm that is modern Europe that makes everything else look good, even dictatorship.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Eastern Europe, most notably Poland, would not be "literally the same", in a world in which the Nazi's were victorious in WWII.

The French wouldn't have been "slaves" in the same sense as Slavs, IMO. The Nazi's would've had more respect for the French(not as much as they had for the Brits, but a damn sight more than any eastern Euro country). Historically, obviously Germans had an adversarial relationship with the French, but Slavs are literally seen as subhuman in Nazi ideology.

I don't think the French would have had it that well. The Nazis hated France with a passion after WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles. They took substantial measures to humiliate them when they surrendered in WW2, making them sign the surrender in the same train car where Germany had signed the surrender in WW1. Hitler would have been content to live and let live with Britain but not with France.

They viewed the Slavs as somewhat biologically subhuman and the French as some sort of cultural subhuman well below Britain, which was itself below Germany.

Back