If you can bring one fighter back in their prime to compete in today's competition, who will it be?

The end boss for any HW fighter should be vs Fedor in a PRIDE ring.

7ac.jpg

Rickson Gracie

Would love to see him take on Maia, Werdum, Jacare, and Melvin Guillard.

Because I just wonder if his Roger Fundamental BJJ style (but with far superior cardio to Roger) would work against these elite grapplers.
(To be fair, Rickson has given both Jacare and Maia mad props and he always roots for them)
DECENT. These are hard. Obviously Fedor would be awesome, but you'd have to factor in ring vs octagon, PEDs, advancement of the sport...

My vote goes to Rickson as mentioned above. Just for nostalgia's sake...

Between Anderson Silva or Chuck Liddel, hard to choose between them but they would add an exciting dynamic in their respective divisions.

BJ Penn.. so he gets mauled by every single top 5 LW and people stop talking about him being as good as they say.

But in reality.. Fedor

I think the sport moves too fast. Instead of thinking of it as an "in their prime" version, it would be cool to make a list of fighters who were "well ahead of their competition" list. Then think of a time when all of these "well ahead of their competition" fighters all started at the same time with the same training. THAT would make for a good tournament.

Also how many more posts do I need for my next belt? It's been years... <Moves>

2005 when he won the MWGP

Before he blew his knees out 10x

I didn’t realize that winning a handful of fights over, admittedly strong opponents, constituted a prime.

If that’s the case, bring back sokojoudjo. All time great.

I didn’t realize that winning a handful of fights over, admittedly strong opponents, constituted a prime.

If that’s the case, bring back sokojoudjo. All time great.
Every athlete has a prime.

Some can last longer than others.

Shogun's prime was cut short due to multiple injuries. He is one fighter where you can clearly see his injuries affected his explosiveness and willingness to throw kicks.

Sokoudjou had 2 great upset wins while Shogun has many more big wins than that like

Rampage
Overeem 2x
Coleman
Machida
Lil Nog 2x
Arona
Liddell
Randleman
Forrest
Vera

Sokoudjou was a flash in the pan. Shogun is an all time great.

The way he moved, threw high kicks, had a deadly MT clinch, had strong takedowns, brutal GNP, soccer kicks and stomps. He was arguably the most well rounded LHW ever

Every athlete has a prime.

Some can last longer than others.

Shogun's prime was cut short due to multiple injuries. He is one fighter where you can clearly see his injuries affected his explosiveness and willingness to throw kicks.

Sokoudjou had 2 great upset wins while Shogun has many more big wins than that like

Rampage
Overeem 2x
Coleman
Machida
Lil Nog 2x
Arona
Liddell
Randleman
Forrest
Vera

Sokoudjou was a flash in the pan. Shogun is an all time great.

The way he moved, threw high kicks, had a deadly MT clinch, had strong takedowns, brutal GNP, soccer kicks and stomps. He was arguably the most well rounded LHW ever

Coleman beat prime shogun, and shogun beat aged Coleman.

And why is Vera on your list? At least acknowledge that he only fought Vera because he was ducking Glover.

And soko wasn’t a flash in the pan. Some fighters just have shorter primes than others.

The prototype the legend Frank shamrock.
With today's training and knowledge a prime Frank shamrock would be pretty awesome.

And pride version 1.0 chute boxe destroyer that was shogun...

Coleman beat prime shogun, and shogun beat aged Coleman.

And why is Vera on your list? At least acknowledge that he only fought Vera because he was ducking Glover.

And soko wasn’t a flash in the pan. Some fighters just have shorter primes than others.

You are right about Coleman. He broke Shogun's arm on the takedown the first fight. Second fight he was old.

Still Shogun has a lot of other great wins. It is absolutely absurd to try to put Sokoudjou on the same level as Shogun. Shogun is one of the best LHWs ever. Sokoudjou is not even close

You are right about Coleman. He broke Shogun's arm on the takedown the first fight. Second fight he was old.

Still Shogun has a lot of other great wins. It is absolutely absurd to try to put Sokoudjou on the same level as Shogun. Shogun is one of the best LHWs ever. Sokoudjou is not even close
n'gannou + sokoudjou = cameroon comin ta getcha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back