If You Could Change the Result of One UFC Fight...

I’d get rid of that benson Henderson reign
It hurt

Dustin vs Conor 3

Result Dustin win via uncontroversial finish so Conor can't skip the line.

(And that outcome was pretty decisive to me but Conor and Dana are weasels)
was the 3rd fight really that decisive a win? mcgregor mendes had a similar opening round. conor got hit by a few hard rights from and he was also busted up on the ground. dustin did a lil more damage than chad, however.

was the 3rd fight really that decisive a win? mcgregor mendes had a similar opening round. conor got hit by a few hard rights from and he was also busted up on the ground. dustin did a lil more damage than chad, however.

It wasn't close. Dustin was dominating that round.

Edit: The leg break was a "blessing in da skies" for Conor as it created an in-built excuse for the loss. The fact of the matter is, Poirier was dominating in quicker fashion than he did in the second fight.

upload_2021-12-26_15-38-13.png

It wasn't close. Dustin was dominating that round.

Edit: The leg break was a blessing for Conor as it created an in-built excuse for the loss. The fact of the matter is, Poirier was dominating in quicker fashion than he did in the second fight.

View attachment 899230
So winning a round decisively means the outcome is a foregone conclusion? You really believe that? I agree to disagree.

So winning a round decisively means the outcome is a foregone conclusion? You really believe that? I agree to disagree.

Generally if you beat a fast starter with limited cardio in the first round, it's unlikely to get much better for said fast starter.

I can't really see how Conor was going to win that fight.

Nothing in MMA is a foregone conclusion. But you asked if it was a "decisive win" and my answer to that is yes because he dominated all the fighting before the stoppage.

If it was an even round and Conor broke his leg, then I would not say it was a "decisive win". But seeing as how we don't deal in "what ifs" I can't assume Conor would have mounted a comeback in R2. I need to go by what happened.

Generally if you beat a fast starter with limited cardio in the first round, it's unlikely to get much better for said fast starter.

I can't really see how Conor was going to win that fight.
This is MMA. That didn't happen in the Mendes fight, though.

Nothing in MMA is a foregone conclusion. But you asked if it wad a "decisive win" and my answer to that is yes because he dominated all the fighting before the stoppage.

If it was an even round and Conor broke his leg, then I would not say it was a "decisive win". But seeing as how we don't deal in "what ifs" I can't assume Conor would have mounted a comeback in R2. I need to go by what happened.
It was only 1 round, though, before an injury stopped the fight between rounds. It's only decisive if enough rounds have gone by to be eligible for a technical decision (if it needed one, i'm not saying this fight needed one).

This is MMA. That didn't happen in the Mendes fight, though.

Yeah, anything can happen that's for sure, but it just doesn't seem to happen for CMc at 155.

Conor looked unbeatable at 145, but the more time he took off, the worse his performance got, and the higher up the weights he went, the worse his outcomes in terms of putting opponents away.

There's just nothing to suggest to me that Conor would have won that fight.

Conor's inability to maintain his focus and stick at 145 has derailed him in terms of wins and losses, and you can see why.

Emmanuel Yarborough vs Hackney, I really wanted Yarborough to be this 600 ibs+ unstoppable force that no one could ever beat, and he would push guys through the fence and also squash them with atomic butt drops. it would have been epic

And nearly every fucking thread on Sherdog gets derailed by bullshit Conor chat.

Happy Christmas. I'm off to get drunk and watch hockey.

Yeah, anything can happen that's for sure, but it just doesn't seem to happen for CMc at 155.

Conor looked unbeatable at 145, but the more time he took off, the worse his performance got, and the higher up the weights he went, the worse his outcomes in terms of putting opponents away.

There's just nothing to suggest to me that Conor would have won that fight.

Conor's inability to maintain his focus and stick at 145 has derailed him in terms of wins and losses, and you can see why.
Mcgregor won rd 4 landing hard punches on diaz after overcoming a tough ending to rd 2 and the full 3rd round of the Diaz fight. that was at 170lbs the weight class least suited for his cardio. Why wouldnt he be able to land hard punches in a 2nd round of a fight that taxed him less? With hard punchers, a behind the ear shot changes a lot. Izzy hit Costa on the ear to drop him after Costa walked down Romero. JDS hit Cain on the ear in their first fight. Cain walked through JDS's punches in their next two outings. A strong first round is amazing for a fighter, but doesn't guarantee them the fight.

Mcgregor won rd 4 landing hard punches on diaz after overcoming a tough ending to rd 2 and the full 3rd round of the Diaz fight. that was at 170lbs the weight class least suited for his cardio. Why wouldnt he be able to land hard punches in a 2nd round of a fight that taxed him less? With hard punchers, a behind the ear shot changes a lot. Izzy hit Costa on the ear to drop him after Costa walked down Romero. JDS hit Cain on the ear in their first fight. Cain walked through JDS's punches in their next two outings. A strong first round is amazing for a fighter, but doesn't guarantee them the fight.
Trolling ?

Back