If you could combine a season's two Finals teams into one, which season's team would be the GOAT?

That's an unguardable frontcourt and Penny/Drexler?

Really leaning towards changing my vote the more I think about it

Last edited:
I like the bulls jazz teams. Jordan, pippin rodman with Stockton and malone. Amazing perimeter defense and Stockton to Jordan. Plus I think bulls has some players on the bench that were legit starters on other teams but wanted a ring

I know you're a big Drexler fan too

I like the bulls jazz teams. Jordan, pippin rodman with Stockton and malone. Amazing perimeter defense and Stockton to Jordan. Plus I think bulls has some players on the bench that were legit starters on other teams but wanted a ring

I was strongly considering one of the Bulls/Jazz teams because I think Stockton is one of the most underrated superstars in NBA history (I have him top 20 all-time) but Rodman fell off pretty considerably after '96

I'm initially inclined to lean towards 1996 Sonics+Bulls

F - Rodman
F - Pippen
C - Kemp
G - Payton
G - Jordan

Then guys like Detlef Schrempf, Hersey Hawkins, Toni Kukoc coming off the bench. That perimeter defense would just be preposterous and literally everyone can play multiple positions. They wouldn't be a great 3pt shooting team but they woudn't need to be, they're more than sufficient offensively. Plus the timing of this team is perfect as all of these guys were in their primes in '96 and the fit is flawless (largely due to the extreme versatility of these players). Only potential problem might be size, which leads me to another team I'm strongly favoring right now...

F - Hakeem Olajuwon
F - Clyde Drexler
C - Shaquille O'Neal
G - Penny Hardaway
G - Nick Anderson

Ho Grant, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Dennis Scott all off the bench... hory shet
Gotta go with 96. Take one of the best defensive teams all time and add the glove at pg. They'd wear out the 95 team without a backup C. Keeping the dream and shaq on court at the same time isn't the best idea. IMHO

Though the 89 team mixing showtime and the bad boys is pretty badass dream for any fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back