If you could combine a season's two Finals teams into one, which season's team would be the GOAT?

bulls/sonics is my actual pick

was just musing other options, but having the GOAT and 3 of the greatest defenders of all time

shit 4 including Payton
and Kemp?

ya, sign me up

Why in the hell are you using RealGM like it's some legit source of information that cesspool of shit it just as bad as Inside Hoops. You lose credibility using that website of crap.

Nah. The Player Comparisons board on RealGM is one of the best sources of NBA info and discussion you can find on the internet, or anywhere for that matter. Top 100 all-time projects, greatest peaks projects, sticky threads dedicated to links to game footage going back to the 60s, the latest in analytics, historical and current analyses, the list goes on. The fact that the board values objectivity and facts over emotional obsessions of players does not discredit the board, in fact it's why it's such a great source of actual NBA knowledge.

bulls/sonics is my actual pick

was just musing other options, but having the GOAT and 3 of the greatest defenders of all time

shit 4 including Payton
and Kemp?

ya, sign me up

top-gun-high-five-o.gif

KJ is a pedo lol

Lol yeah I'd heard something about that, never looked into the specifics. Didn't Karl Malone also knock up some 15yo? lol

i don't like realGM itself, it's layout or the overall attitude on there

that being said, when it comes to elite discussions of certain parameters, that's the best spot to go to. SOME of the people there realllllllly know their shit

especially now that Nylon Calculus and other sites don't post as often

Lol yeah I'd heard something about that, never looked into the specifics. Didn't Karl Malone also knock up some 15yo? lol

13 for Malone. KJ paid two of them off

malone came to our base in Kabul. still in shape as hell, and the countriest explosive guy i've personally ever met

somehow i had blocked out interviews from my mind and his WCW appearances and i totally forgot what he sounded like

13 for Malone. KJ paid two of them off

In Malone's case wasn't he in college? Not that an 18 or 19 yo dude banging a 13 yo isn't fucked up but I wonder if that's even that out of the ordinary in Louisiana

In Malone's case wasn't he in college? Not that an 18 or 19 yo dude banging a 13 yo isn't fucked up but I wonder if that's even that out of the ordinary in Louisiana

Not sure on that but it's definitely messed up. Louisiana is a shit show so I'm not sure anything is out of bounds there

Nah. The Player Comparisons board on RealGM is one of the best sources of NBA info and discussion you can find on the internet, or anywhere for that matter. Top 100 all-time projects, greatest peaks projects, sticky threads dedicated to links to game footage going back to the 60s, the latest in analytics, historical and current analyses, the list goes on. The fact that the board values objectivity and facts over emotional obsessions of players does not discredit the board, in fact it's why it's such a great source of actual NBA knowledge.

Not really it's dogshit and Mods there are POS. It's bible church over there I remember one poster getting banned for saying shit once. You're just saying that due to discredit and disrespect people have over there for Kobe career since you hate him as well.

Not really it's dogshit and Mods there are POS. It's bible church over there I remember one poster getting banned for saying shit once. You're just saying that due to discredit and disrespect people have over there for Kobe career since you hate him as well.

Lol Kobe is ranked 13th all-time on RealGM's top 100 project

That's definitely not even close to "disrespectful" to Kobe. But it's not slobbing Kobe's knob either, so I can see why you have PTSD from that place lmfao

Lol Kobe is ranked 13th all-time on RealGM's top 100 project

Yeah that's terrible ranking system Kobe being ranked 10th at worst. I would say Kobe is ranked top 15th as far as peaks go.

Where would you rank him Chillez?

I have Kobe ranked 6th but anywhere from 6-9 is fair game I believe he isn't top five for me just not as impactful as say Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, etc were. Kobe peak play should be somewhere in top 15 area not in the 20's that's disrespectful. I'm not taking players like Oscar, West, Hakeem, Dr. J, over Kobe.

i believe he was, like his second year at La Tech or wherever he went, or else it'd be a bigger deal once he signed a contract

i never heard about that till recently tbh, granted i was awfully young when that happened

i can see kobe in the 6-10, but also 10-15 it depends on the person's metrics, how they value strength of era, and particularly how strong they hold efficiency

all depends on how you value the older guys and the recent retiring of Duncan and obviously Bron now. Like real talk, should Bill Russell really be in the top 5 or 10? or West or any of the guys pre Kareem (including Wilt, but even him in the postseason...) really?

b/c it's hard to value those guys and include them, w/o also at least then considering KAJ for GOAT or at least the clear number 2 when even that's not always the case

like i'd put Moses Malone above Russell, when most people don't. He was still a monster against a larger, deeper league (and well integrated at that pt) in more recent times...

maybe that's just me

i can see kobe in the 6-10, but also 10-15 it depends on the person's metrics, how they value strength of era, and particularly how strong they hold efficiency

all depends on how you value the older guys and the recent retiring of Duncan and obviously Bron now. Like real talk, should Bill Russell really be in the top 5 or 10? or West or any of the guys pre Kareem (including Wilt, but even him in the postseason...) really?

b/c it's hard to value those guys and include them, w/o also at least then considering KAJ for GOAT or at least the clear number 2 when even that's not always the case

Where do you personally rank Kobe?

I have Kobe ranked 6th but anywhere from 6-9 is fair game I believe he isn't top five for me just not as impactful as say Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, etc were. Kobe peak play should be somewhere in top 15 area not in the 20's that's disrespectful. I'm not taking players like Oscar, West, Hakeem, Dr. J, over Kobe.

So you have Kobe 6th

RealGM's top 8 (as of 2014):

1. Jordan
2. Jabbar
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Shaq
7. LeBron
8. Magic

So Chillez, of those 8 players, which 2 do you rank Kobe ahead of?

malone came to our base in Kabul. still in shape as hell, and the countriest explosive guy i've personally ever met

somehow i had blocked out interviews from my mind and his WCW appearances and i totally forgot what he sounded like

Malone could probably beat ISIS by himself.

0ed36c29cf071d2b2cb9d2edf921a8ed.jpg

i pretty much agree w/ the real GM's top 8 minus Russel and perhaps Wilt. I do now have Lebron above Kobe at this pt, but i still have kobe in the top 10

IMO you can easily swap in Hakeem in for Russell or Wilt too, not at 3 but at that latter part of the 8.

But i don't value the older guys nowhere near as much as some do, i'd have Bird in there too over one of those guys IMO.

Back