if you could own 1 gun...

Probably a Springfield M1A, most likely a Scot Squad (18 inch barrel) model.

Other than that, the only other weapon in the running would be an AR-15 in an M4 style configuration, possibly the new Ruger SR556 or an HK-416 type rifle.

I have one, and it is a stupendous rifle, If I could have a second gun it would definitely be it. The only reason I didn't choose it is because it can't be used to hunt flying game.

I'd have to say Glock 19; the gun is simple to operate, clean and takedown, it's reliable, the 9mm round is very popular and cheap (for a centrefire cartridge), the frame accepts G17, G18, and G19 magazines, and the variety of aftermarket parts is huge.

handgun: Glock 17,19 or a Sig p226
Assault rifle: AK-47
Shotgun: any would do

I would want the BFG-10K from Quake.

In reality I love my RRA AR-15 which I've modded out.

what would it be?

i'm thinking something along the lines of a ruger mini-14 chambered in .308 or an ar-15 style. nice accurate round that's cheap and could function well in an assault rifle capacity for home defense or SHTF too.

Unless you live in a rural area with a couple hundred yards or so between your neighbor and yourself I would not consider .556 an ideal home-defense round.

If your looking for one do all weapon I think the only real answer is a 12ga. shotty with a 18' barrel for home/self defense and a full length barrel for hunting/assault riffle range slug work.

I am equally satisfied with both a Remmington 870 or a Mossberg 500 so either would be my pick for an "only 1 gun" scenario.

Back