If you knew you were going to die soon, would you be satisfied with your life?

If you knew you were going to die soon, would you be satisfied with your life?

• Total voters
Im ready to go brah; Ive done most everything I wanted to. Pro tip : its all a waste of time.

If everyone I love somehow didn't have to miss me, I guess. I've lived a pretty full life I think. Still want to experience more rather than being stuck in a rut and just putting up with everything.

Im ready to go brah; Ive done most everything I wanted to. Pro tip : its all a waste of time.
that is the crushing thing about life is that we just live in the moment and legacy means nothing when your dead.

Hell no. Always so many more places to go and things to do.

I am nowhere near ready to go. Fuck that.

Last edited:
Nah. On top of covid the last year has been a total drag. I don't wanna go out like this.

No I have people dependent on me. My kids. If they were grown and self sufficient I’d would be content with my life. But not right now.

I’ve led a good life, loved and been loved, and raised my son to be a good person. No regrets.

If that was the case Id be cool with it, not because I dont want more from life but because...

<WhatItIs><Fedor23>

Ive been ready for death in a side compartment for a while, just gotta open when the time comes. Also blessed and cursed to think of time universally not relative to a human lifespan which is comically short.

519461.jpg

Should be already quite a few times so I'm content enough.. but I still plan on going down kicking and screaming . Hopefully I can outlast those who would truly suffer to see me go.

" Til shade is gone,
til water is gone
Into the shadow with teeth bared
Screaming defiance with the last breath
To spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the Last Day."

"Death comes for us all, we can only choose how to face it when it comes."

Both from a book series I loved over 2 decades ago. Still resonates with me.

Believe me, I've given this a lot of thought over the past three weeks since my wife passed & I'd be quite satisfied if I were to go now. I've accomplished many of my goals & reached peaks that I never thought I would. Especially over the past few years. But now, without Jana to share my life with I find myself just existing from day to day rather than really living. And I don't relish the thought of living long like this. So, if tonight were my last I'd be content with it.

Not that I plan to hasten my end in any way. But damn if it wouldn't be tempting if I had suicidal tendencies. In fact, I dare say I'd be gone already. I wouldn't have made it through that first hellish week without her. But for whatever reason, I have a strong survival instinct that prevents me from being proactive about my demise. So, I continue to exist.

Hopefully, in time, I'll find some reasons to actually live again. But it's difficult to imagine doing so at the moment. But I'll give it time. I really don't have much of a choice.

I wouldn’t be happy about dying soon, but I could die knowing I largely fulfilled my dreams:
-becoming a lawyer
-getting married
-having children

I mean I want to keep living so that I can watch my children grow up, hopefully become a grandfather one day, do more traveling and see more parts of the world, but on a whole I am content with everything I’ve accomplished and experienced.

No. I'd like to see my kids get to 18, then it's all gravy.

I've done a lot of different cool stuff. Worked my way to the top of multiple fields. Feel rather successful. Raised good, high achieving kids. Not bad.

Back