If you were allowed dual citizenship, which country would that be and why?

Canada mostly due to proximity. Traveling is a bitch.

I have 3 and two are excellent. One is fair.

I also have 3. Working on a 4th.

There are some passports I'd really like but they require a lot of time/money/marriage to get. My current passports cover a lot of bases already. Just need a more tax optimized one.

Colombia

Beautiful scenery.
Gorgeous women.
Great culture.

Cheap cocaine.
when i was in medellin earlier this year, every time i would walk down the street some guy would pass me and ask if i needed cocaine. must have happened at least 20 times.

i would go with panama since the old lady is from there

img_33201.jpg
i like your nail polish

I already have Argentine (birth) and American(Naturalized) citizenship. I could get an Italian since my great-grandfather on my father’s was born in Italy and moved over to Argentina and maybe even Germany since my mother’s grandparents came over from Germany. I think I’m good, I don’t need any other.

So wiat, if I buy a place in Vegas and spend 5 months of the year there but do not work, I have to declare income from my Canadian income?
if you have American citizenship you have to file US taxes every year if you set foot on US soil or not. For example if you had American citizenship and you lived in Africa for 10 years, you would have to file taxes in the US every single one of those years .
Now if you didn't have US citizenship you can buy a property in America and live there for 5 months of the year with no problem as long as you don't work and prove you have the intention of leaving

if you have American citizenship you have to file US taxes every year if you set foot on US soil or not. For example if you had American citizenship and you lived in Africa for 10 years, you would have to file taxes in the US every single one of those years .
Now if you didn't have US citizenship you can buy a property in America and live there for 5 months of the year with no problem as long as you don't work and prove you have the intention of leaving

Well thats no good. The custom lines at the airports seem not quite so bad now.

I also have 3. Working on a 4th.

There are some passports I'd really like but they require a lot of time/money/marriage to get. My current passports cover a lot of bases already. Just need a more tax optimized one.
Five flags, recognize!

Doesn't get much better than my 2. I think Australia might still be the most unrestricted as far as travel goes!

all of my great grandparents came over from Ireland/N. Ireland except one (from Norway), so I guess England?
my mom was born in Naples, Italy also

Five flags, recognize!

Doesn't get much better than my 2. I think Australia might still be the most unrestricted as far as travel goes!

Nah, Australia isn't the best. Havimg to apply for a visa to Ukraine when almost every other western passport is visa free sucks. Same with vietnam. Us has cheap 1 year visa and UK has visa free entry, and aussie passport gets the shaft. Another is places like brazil thst operate on reciprocia visa law, so aus passport fees are more expensive to match.

I have citizenship of Australia, NZ and Britain.

Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country and the people are wonderful. I plan on "retiring" there to be honest. Plus dual citizenship if the country ever goes under or into disarray, I can always return to the US of A.

Back