If Zhang vs Joanna 2 is a bad fight, I blame Cejudo

2019-06-03-ufc-238-henry-cejudo.jpg
Is Cejudo on a stool in this picture? Seriously, hard to tell...

Cejudo as a coach has a great talent of taking notable action fighters and making them fight substantially slower paced, to varying degrees of success.

For example, look at the gameplans he made for these specific fights:

Zhang vs Rose 2

Fig vs Moreno 3

Costa vs Israel

beb6543a-3222-11ec-8bc1-f82f86ab0ffa_image_hires_121549.jpg

Every one of those fighters are absolute hammers in the cage and win off of aggression and power. Cejudo made them fight tepid and hesitant, which didn’t work for Zhang or Costa and barely worked for Fig.

If Zhang vs Joanna 2 turns out to be a bad fight, which sounds almost impossible, I blame Cejudo’s game planning and creepy coach Eric for being creepy.
He's better as a wrestling coach, not really for striking. Same can be said for the guy with the glasses. I don't think they have the best striking understanding to be able to properly analyze fighters striking styles. I don't think they really have anyone that's considered a high level striker from that camp. Seems like the ones that are successful from that camp do so using wrestling/grappling primarily. They do have some heavy handed fighters, but they aren't considered high level striking technicians.

And I got a yellow for making a Chris Leben joke.
My best guess is that the the people that gave you the yellow may not have been following long enough to get the joke? lol not sure

I blame the fighters. Fighters choose to fight where they are comfortable. Look at Khamzat, he did his own thing. Any fighter that puts on a boring performance to edge it out in their favor is their own choice.

I dont think she did her camp with Cejudo. If you look at her videos. She seems to be working out of Bangtao MMA.

My best guess is that the the people that gave you the yellow may not have been following long enough to get the joke? lol not sure
Don’t think so. It was from a 2011 account. The truth is most of the mods and administrators here are overly sensitive, far-left SJWs who card anyone that offends them politically, even if you weren’t trying to be political.

I’ll never understand how a Chris Leben joke on an MMA forum could be “racist and xenophobic.” But there you go.

Don’t think so. It was from a 2011 account. The truth is most of the mods and administrators here are overly sensitive, far-left SJWs who card anyone that offends them politically, even if you weren’t trying to be political.

I’ll never understand how a Chris Leben joke on an MMA forum could be “racist and xenophobic.” But there you go.

lol at someone who's still scared to go back in the war room calling people overly sensitive.

I dont think she did her camp with Cejudo. If you look at her videos. She seems to be working out of Bangtao MMA.

You're right, she did not train with Cejudo for this fight, however...

https://cagesidepress.com/2022/06/10/ufc-275-weili-zhang-cejudo/

“Definitely I will use some wrestling in this match,” said Zhang. “I learned a lot from Henry, and if I don’t use it, that would be a waste.”

She is still crediting Henry with helping her develop, and suggesting she's definitely going to wrestle.

Whoever talked her into getting the same haircut as Cejudo should be kicked down a flight of stairs.

Cejudo had nothing to do with Costa getting worked and outclassed by Izzy lmao

Agree with your other points to a certain extent though.

Cejudo as a coach has a great talent of taking notable action fighters and making them fight substantially slower paced, to varying degrees of success.

For example, look at the gameplans he made for these specific fights:

Zhang vs Rose 2

Fig vs Moreno 3

Costa vs Israel

beb6543a-3222-11ec-8bc1-f82f86ab0ffa_image_hires_121549.jpg

Every one of those fighters are absolute hammers in the cage and win off of aggression and power. Cejudo made them fight tepid and hesitant, which didn’t work for Zhang or Costa and barely worked for Fig.

If Zhang vs Joanna 2 turns out to be a bad fight, which sounds almost impossible, I blame Cejudo’s game planning and creepy coach Eric for being creepy.

Reminds me of firaus and mike and jackson

If anything, he'll be the reason that she might try to wrestle more in this fight - though I don't see her having much success with it against Joanna. I feel like Joanna is the one who is more likely to fight differently. She normally benefits from having five rounds to work, and this time she only has three, meaning that her gameplan will probably be a bit different.

Back