IGN says that Resident Evil 5 is too racist to remake, and should be re-written.

you have no idea and no reason to think she was "WHITE" other than your own lack of imagination.
main-qimg-54dc96c21a718114cc0a643923191ea3.webp

It's refreshing that I know I can stop taking colossally stupid fucks like you seriously now. Have a great day, champ!

It's refreshing that I know I can stop taking colossally stupid fucks like you seriously now. Have a great day, champ!

Again, the only shade she categorically cannot be is 'very dark'.

This line compares her to a tree, FFS.

LMAO at you trying to override the actual author on a subject you're desperately Googling.

Stop referencing posts on Quora and Reddit and taking them as categorical fact in the face of an actual author who actually wrote the books.

You could not look any sillier.

I've had him on my ignore list for a couple of months. Much better. He's either a troll or just incredibly dumb.

I've had him on my ignore list for a couple of months. Much better. He's either a troll or just incredibly dumb.

Amazing!

How ever did you know to talk about me while successfully ignoring all my posts?

IGN too sensible to deal with RE5 having african witchdoctors and spears, because stereotype is bad!

Also IGN, on much more recent RE8 (REVillage) where theme is romanian "vampires"

Resident Evil Village Review​

8 - great
Resident Evil Village is a genuinely engrossing and increasingly combat-heavy continuation of the Ethan Winters story.

Also IGN, on much more recent RE4 remake, wich featured rural spaniards showed as poor dirty farmers straight out 1800

Resident Evil 4 Review​

10 - masterpiece
The Resident Evil 4 remake is the series' most relentlessly exciting adventure rebuilt, refined, and realised to the full extent of its enormous potential.

And btw, IGN on the very same RE5 back in the days

Resident Evil 5 Review​

9.3 - amazing

RE and Capcom on general (example Street Fighter) ever played hard on stereotypes around the world, never been problem for IGN

But to be honest
Speaking of things that ever happened, IGN has been trash for decades, american outrage bullshit it's just the last way they found to proof it to the world lol

For those asking about RE5 as a game, its undoubtedly the weakest main-line RE game I've played, and I've played them all with the exception of RE6 & the remake of RE3.

As many have mentioned, its an action game with no semblance of the survival-horror that made the franchise famous. The cover-shooting mechanics were weak and unwanted. The story was also weak, and they killed off the franchise's main antagonist.

Capcom has been remaking the series over the last several years, and the question has been after RE2, RE3, & RE4 have been remade and been huge financial successes... will they remake RE5, or Code Veronica? (A previous main-line entry of the series without a number).

I've been of the opinion Code Veronica absolutely deserves to be remade now, rather than being entirely skipped to make RE5... which seems inevitable. And whichever decision Capcom has made was made a year ago, after the RE4 remake was released and its probably halfway through development at this point.

But now, as a 'fuck you' to IGN and pussy game journalists, I hope its RE5 being remade.

Or this will at least soften the blow that Code Veronica will not be remade.

And here is the crux of the matter. Who said it was ever going to be remade? I loved the resident evil games from the first. Blitz them all several times. With the exception of 5. I didnt even finish 5 because it was shite. I’m not alone. It was probably the worst, scratch that it WAS the worst received mainline game. I doubt there has ever been a intention to remake this game. This all seems like a non issue to garner clicks and shares.

Sure.

Do black people in America not eat chicken and watermelon? Do Asian people not wear paddy hats and eat rice? Imaginary of a black person eating KFC is not inherently racist in and of itself. You can do it in a way that doesn't invoke the harmful stereotype that was perpetuated during minstrel show era. And that's my issue with the depiction of Africans in RE5. It could have been done with deference to the culture and history of West Africa. But it wasn't. It leaned into stereotypes of Africans being primitives and savages. Many of you really think that Africans are primitives and savages so you won't be able to see the issue anyway.
Exactly it just came across as ignorant. Nothing wrong with black zombies but would be like having a game set in China and every enemy is wearing a bamboo hat like some farmers do. We live in a reactionary culture though so I suspect people won’t be nuanced and just scream cancel culture

Wasn't RE5 shit, anyway? I played the beginning with that big monster trying to break through the door and thought 'this is not RE... RE is dead' and switched it off.

Wasn't RE5 shit, anyway? I played the beginning with that big monster trying to break through the door and thought 'this is not RE... RE is dead' and switched it off.

I think that people were annoyed with the fact that you couldn't shoot whilst running in RE5.

Also, I found the early section of the game, where you had to deal with a mob in an alley and run through a fence to be a problem. Game wasn't hard after it, but I can see that point in particular putting some people off.

In terms of reviewers? They probably just wanted to slam all aspects of it due to the race angle.

RE6 didn't do that well either. It was only RE7 that saved the series face.

IGN seems to have gone drastically down hill from back in the day.

I don’t trust their reviews anymore.

IGN blocked the commenting section on their twitter/x because of the backlash of gamers criticizing their article.
Rightful so this article was ridiculous.

The same people complaining about Shogun not having any black people are the same ones crying about a "racist" video game that takes places in Africa.
I enjoyed the trailer of Shogun something finally good to watch..

And here is the crux of the matter. Who said it was ever going to be remade? I loved the resident evil games from the first. Blitz them all several times. With the exception of 5. I didnt even finish 5 because it was shite. I’m not alone. It was probably the worst, scratch that it WAS the worst received mainline game. I doubt there has ever been a intention to remake this game. This all seems like a non issue to garner clicks and shares.

5 was the last one I ever played. Thought it sucked too. Big disappointment after 4, which I really enjoyed.

Again, the only shade she categorically cannot be is 'very dark'.

This line compares her to a tree, FFS.

LMAO at you trying to override the actual author on a subject you're desperately Googling.

Stop referencing posts on Quora and Reddit and taking them as categorical fact in the face of an actual author who actually wrote the books.

You could not look any sillier.

You have really become an unhinged moron over the past year or so. Or maybe I just didn't notice it as much before.

Amazing!

How ever did you know to talk about me while successfully ignoring all my posts?
I think the ignore function will filter out all direct posts made by the ignored user, but if someone quotes you, they can see what that person said, as well as the quoted text

Back