News Ihor Potieria appeals loss against Michel Pereira

If you watch that video it shows the knee going behind the head.

I don’t think the video shows anything definitely, aside from a knee thrown directly at Emmett’s head when he’s grounded, which he had to avoid.

Even if I concede that it didn’t land, I still think that an attempted illegal strike impacted the fight, same with Poiteria.

Would you say it’s legal to say, throw a soccer kick at a downed opponents head, but not intend for it to land, but only to cause your opponent to react to it to set up another legal strike?

If that’s legal, then virtually every fighter should start to use soccer kicks feints to the head to set up their entries to ground and pound.

I don’t think the video shows anything definitely, aside from a knee thrown directly at Emmett’s head when he’s grounded, which he had to avoid.

Even if I concede that it didn’t land, I still think that an attempted illegal strike impacted the fight, same with Poiteria.

Would you say it’s legal to say, throw a soccer kick at a downed opponents head, but not intend for it to land, but only to cause your opponent to react to it to set up another legal strike?

If that’s legal, then virtually every fighter should start to use soccer kicks feints to the head to set up their entries to ground and pound.

When Johnny Walker kicked at one of the cans he beat towards his head while he was on the ground the guy moved and then it hit him in the body which lead to hammerfists.

Stephens definitely threw it at Emmetts head, but didn't connect.
He then struck Emmett with his fists.

Poteria was laying on his back and Michel did a backflip on him, landing with knee/shin on Poterias neck...which is considered stomping or kicking a downed opponent.
Big John McCarthy said as much on his podcast sir.

The first 2 are legal, and the 3rd is not.

Back