Media Iizzy 'I Do Not Want to Fight the Same Guy Three Times in a Row' Interesting The UFC Posted This

Deiveson fought the same guy four times in a row
<{vega}>
And it was annoying af. Just because Izzy won't fight him 3x straights doesn't mean they'll never fight again.

I always say I'll watch these two fight over and over again. But I did just watch the video of them backstage together. The idea of them training and working together would be dope af.

Do Perreira vs some contender and Izzy vs Khamzat if he beats Costa/Whittaker.

If Izzy wants to stay busy do the Strickland fight but as a co-main on a stacked card.

Edit. Perreira vs DDP works fine.

It's a very unique position where it's now or never.

Poatan likely won't earn his way back to the title, provided there are strong grapplers involved.

I don't like the idea of wasting careers and having back to back fights of the same 2, though this one is understandable.

I don't know what makes people want constant rematches in the UFC. Lets see some fresh matchups. Izzy won't be totally off the hook, Khamzat could be around the corner.
I agree. I'm fine if they fight again down the line, but tying up the belt for a year (or more) to chase closure is not good for any division.

He won. You wouldnt downplay this knockout if Poatan knocked Izzy out.

If Poatan is as good as people say,then knocking him out is a great achievement.

The point is, look how many attempts it took to beat him. You put 2 teams or people against eachother enough times both with eventually get a win no matter who is better. Izzy is acting like he has settled business with him after it taking him FOUR fights to do so, when in reality they need a trilogy more so than most others that has happened in UFC. Him acting like its settled just comes off as a scared loser to me, considering how that fight was going. Any great champion would never leave a riverly tied at 1-1, if you go only by their MMA fights.

Israel has already lost the rematch with this mindset.

This is not only the biggest rivalry of his career but also one of the biggest in combat sports history and he's showing weakness by not gunning for the rubber match.

Alex should take advantage of this.

7hphdb.jpg

Last edited:
Spoken like a loser, lose your whole career to 1 guy then get a flash KO in a fight you was losing to bring the mma record to 1-1 and you run and hide after FINALLY getting a win over someone then pretend like you bested the rival.

I think it's a stretch to say he was losing the fight given the KO was in the second round and the first round was relatively even. Sure, the leg was a bit hurt but the exchanges were pretty even until Pieroera made a huge error in trying to batter Izzy against the cage with hands down when Izzy was at full strength. That was a legit win, albeit in a short fight.

Oddly, I'm ok with it either way. Their fights arent boring and thats what is most important.

This might be one of the few times I want to see the trilogy all in one go and yet its the one time the UFC and the champ are trying to duck it.
Yes and it doesn't even make sense because this is by far their biggest next fight.

I get that they think there's a good chance Israel will lose again but who else does he fight?

Duplesis? Rob or Marvin Vetorri 3? A 40 year old MW Jan?
<{clintugh}>

The division is such a baron wasteland that it only makes the rubber match duck more obvious.

These fights have been some of the best ever and have tremendous fan interest.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back