Media Ilia Topuria has a special rose for Volkanovski fight, says UFC 298 is in Los Angeles

Since we (unless someone was into the Aussie regional scene 10 years ago) have only ever seen him get cracked:
-Once
-Going up in weight
-On short notice
-Against someone who’s looking like a potential ATG at that weight…

Anyone getting anything close to a 40/60 chance against him is kind of a big deal.

Plus it’s always fun to theorize how a new challenger might beat an arguably dominant champion.

Yup! I think it's a great fight with an exciting new guy. I'm just not sure it's time for Volk to pass the torch just yet.

100%, I identified him as having star potential & movie star good looks (RIP Ackmed) quite a while ago. :eek:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/does-ilia-topuria-have-star-potential.4221943/

Lol isn’t that what Ackmed used to say about Islam? He had this bucket list that he used to post about all of Islam’s attributes. Shit like, “superior haplogroup genetics”. Funny fuck. I really hope that dude is ok. And yea, Ilia has “it” for sure. He could be a huge star.

Utter nonsense.

Volk does not have a cardio advantage over Topuria.

Topuria has the physicality, pace, and pressure to backpedal Volk and make him look bad. Topuria is physically strong, a black belt in BJJ, and is the faster + cleaner striker and more relentless in his pressure.

Volk is tough, but he "waits around" a lot, and he doesn't have the youthful physicality of Topuria.

The idea that Topuria couldn't out-muscle & out-pace Volk to a decision is ludicrous.
Topuria has the worse cardio out of the 2 of them.

Last edited:
Said something about a politician sir.

I agree that you're one of the nicer posters on this forum.

Funny enough I got carded a while back for implying that the brand of camera (fuji, nikon, something...) one poster used indicated that said user had desires to harm children.
I couldn't've thought of a dumber way to draw a conclusion connecting two of the subjects mentioned in the thread in a more obviously satirical/nonsensical manner.

Guess I'm not Ricky Gervais.

Topuria has the worse cardio out of the 2 of them.

But you are failing to consider that Topuria puts out the most pressure ...

Again, easy to to have "great cardio" while "you're jogging" ... not so easy to have great cardio, when you're racing towards the finish line.

I think Topuria is going to put a pace and pressure on Volkanovski that he's not seen before.

Holloway is a light-boned, thin guy and non-grappling threat.

Topuria is a big boned, bad-ass guy, who's going to be pushing the pace against Volkanovski like he's never had it pushed before.

Topuria is also instinctive, like a wild animal, he knows what to do in scrambles.

I really hope it's in LA, even though I hate LA. I would definitely still go.

That was kinda hot, ngl. Manliness and vulnerability... nice strong arms too.

I’m sure Topuria was trying to threaten Volk yet maintain his sex appeal because he’s been modeling as of late. Came off as totally gay but he went for it for whatever reason.

I agree that you're one of the nicer posters on this forum.

Funny enough I got carded a while back for implying that the brand of camera (fuji, nikon, something...) one poster used indicated that said user had desires to harm children.
I couldn't've thought of a dumber way to draw a conclusion connecting two of the subjects mentioned in the thread in a more obviously satirical/nonsensical manner.

Guess I'm not Ricky Gervais.

See, I just laughed so maybe everyone is just a bunch of assholes for not getting it sir lol.

And to be fair it was pretty dark humor what I said but I thought it was poignant lol.

Im only nice to the people that I want to be nice to...which is just about everyone.
When I come across a cunt, that's what I treat them like ;)

Spanish dudes just be weird. I was picking Alex's hard, but then he took the rematch against Islam and is taking this fight on very short notice relatively speaking after a KO loss.
Topuria by KO.

Ilia is as likeable as cheesy muff. Yuk

Back