Media Ilia Topuria received by the President of Spain

Holy shit the level of illiteracy in this forum is off the charts.

English is not my primary language and also, I am sorry for not reading what I wrote, to correct it.
nobel = noble (this was actually a typo)

Many countries including Canada UK and much of the Commonwealth, Belgium, Holland, Swesen, for example are democracies with a King/Queen. Doesn t make them undemocratic.

I somewhat disagree. Mostly agree.
Yes, you can call it a democracy.

Yet, having a leader just because he/she was born from the "right" vagina seems not quite compatible with democracy.
- Daddy, could I be president?
- Well, actually, every citizen can candidate for presidency, given certain conditions.

- Daddy, could I be king?
- No, no, no, only a few people can be kings. You need royal blood for that.

He’s a beast - be happy for him

Yes he can across like a douche - he’s trying to take notes and emulate Conor

When he fought Ryan hall the odds were close and he was quiet and respectful

It’s all business …. Dude is an animal

Topuria is 100% Georgian blooded like Merab and didn't move to Spain until he was 15.

This Spanish El Matador rose pedals in the mouth shtick is cringe.
You better not be from the USA

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT HOW YOU CALL THAT POSITION IN YOUR COUNTRY, in Spain, he is the PRESIDENTE DEL GOBIERNO and in short PRESIDENTE DE ESPAÑA.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidente_del_Gobierno_de_España

Also
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidente_del_Gobierno#:~:text=Por ejemplo, en España el,e indiscutido jefe del gobierno.

"Aunque a nivel internacional se lo considera equivalente a otras denominaciones, como primer ministro (Reino Unido, Francia, etc...), Canciller (Austria, Alemania) o presidente del Consejo de Ministros (Italia y otros), las funciones no son necesariamente las mismas. Por ejemplo, en España el presidente del Gobierno no es primus inter pares, como suelen serlo los primeros ministros, como el de Reino Unido, sino un verdadero e indiscutido jefe del gobierno."

Now STFU and go be a fucking smartass somewhere else
Lol, guy's trying guy's to convince us he's an expert on Spain by speaking Mexican. :rolleyes:

The press put pressure on the president to receive him and also to solve his citizenship status. I've been married to an eastern european woman and I know the procedures. It's not that easy, specially if you have some kind of previous record or something. I don't know the exact case with Ilia, but he had applied twice and both times was denied.

He's a bit of a troublemaker with all the fights he gets into outside of the Octagon/training gyms lol

I somewhat disagree. Mostly agree.
Yes, you can call it a democracy.

Yet, having a leader just because he/she was born from the "right" vagina seems not quite compatible with democracy.
- Daddy, could I be president?
- Well, actually, every citizen can candidate for presidency, given certain conditions.

- Daddy, could I be king?
- No, no, no, only a few people can be kings. You need royal blood for that.
That leadership is symbolic in a parlamentary monarchy. All the power is in the hands of the parlament.

Maybe he has a few blemishes on his criminal record? Would be odd they would let someone have permanent residence and not citizenship if they're such an issue (not saying he does have a record). That said, Spain is one of the EU countries that doesn't give citizenship just for being born there so I'm not surprised it's been an issue getting naturalized as an immigrant.
Probably unpopular opinion but I'd rather not have a criminal represent my country, regardless of how many world championships he won. Then again, it also depends on the crime.

Is Spain going so out of their way to embrace him because he's an immigrant or rather because he looks Spanish and has a Spanish sounding last name?

distraction from the president's party corruption case

many of them are not only involved in making money with the purchase of covid masks with public money but also they knew the masks were useless because they were fake and provided no protection

case is growing and more people keep popping up

Last edited:
His name/lastname is not Spanish sounding at all. They are getting behind him because he fights out of Spain and represents Spain. They will most likely do whatever it takes to give him nationality now that hes a big star. Spain loves to have star athletes in any sport so once a non mainstream sport gets a Spanish athlete the media goes all over them and the sport starts to get viewers. There are countless examples of this.
Nah man it really does sound Spanish tbh, I was surprised to find out he was the Georgian guy that got mad at paddy all those years back

Not bad for a Georgian German.

Also roflmao @ts thinking prime minister = president

Sausage men no surprise there.

Back