Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

Grasso is the only Mexican champ and women's strawweight isnt really ppv main event worthy. Valentina never headlined a PPV her entire run.
I do understand that but it’s just funky. If they pitted him up against a Mexican that would just add to the marketing, but no one is worthy.

Where did I debate the popularity of Max vs Topuria?

I just said what card wouldn't he headline at this point?

He just knocked out the reigning FW champ... who Max lost 3x to. Popularity wise he's not the A side but he's the CHAMP so that carries weight.

Say his opponent were Evloev, the UFC may not want that headlining.

August(Perth) would be great but I'd like to see Max get the extra 4 weeks to prepare, especially the weight cut after bulking up.

If it's Perth then he's probably rematching Volk. I'd prefer Max at the Sphere 100%. Let Volk earn his title shot by fighting Evloev.
I would say this but every chance Max gets he says Volk deserves a rematch.
It all comes down to IF Volk is ready. Max is easily the #1 deserving contender right now though, if its the sphere and they want to make it big it HAS to be Max IMO.

How is it hate?? Did you miss Saturday?? Do you not watch ESPN or any sports news?? Max is easily the biggest star in the sport right now. Guys everywhere regardless of who Max fights next he's the A side.

Hmm very emotional

“Without the BMF belt, I don’t want [to fight Max] at all. If not, I’m gonna fight with Volk who deserves more than him, the rematch.

He’s been saying ‘right now I have a lot of options’, he doesn’t have any options. I’m the champion right now, I choose the date, I choose the place. Whenever I want him, he has to be ready.”

Last edited:
Max was the biggest story coming out of UFC 300, the KO clip is making the rounds. His profile most definitely went up.

Topuria is going to massively benefit from fighting Max next. The card will sell and the UFC is going to market it.

Would be great minus the suggested WMMA fight

ilia-topuria-isnt-scared-v0-36gqfjjsmduc1.jpeg

Maybe he could get the most scared belt :rolleyes:

It was until Max elevated that trinket with ten seconds left on the clock. At the end of the day, the holder gets a raise and PPV points, which is reason enough for it to exist.

There's no reason for it to exist. It's a made up belt.

Back