Illia Topuria Is Already Becoming Insufferable

Yeah it's like he's actively trying to lose fans. Already a cherry picking diva with a grand total of zero title defenses.

Why doesn't Max just say yes and fight ?
ZERO question Max would - IF Only the diva "champion" would sack up and give Max the title shot he proved he earned after savagely destroying Justin.​

Really hope that Dana does what every fan wants, making this title fight happen.

said it before and ill say it again
his posturing and peacocking are tryhard and pathetic.
dude needs to go the silent killer route. would work for him a lot better.

BMF belt was contested at LW, i guess we can skip that part, but having the BMF vs FW belt seems an issue, that would unify belts? Next guy to beat the winner would become the BMF and FW champion? Not every guy has that BMF in them, Topuria i would say he kind of does, make it for the FW belt first, keep the BMF belt at 155lbs for now.

PS: BMF belt is such cool looking belt, whoever somehow ends up holding it and a divisional title at the same time is in for a very cool picture.
The whole point of the BMF belt seemed to be for fighters who were almost able to win the real belts but not quite to fight for a belt. It should never be on the line against a real champion otherwise it defeats the purpose of the belt.

The whole point of the BMF belt seemed to be for fighters who were almost able to win the real belts but not quite to fight for a belt. It should never be on the line against a real champion otherwise it defeats the purpose of the belt.
I wouldnt mind an undisputed champion holding a 2nd belt, being the BMF, but at a different division.

I wouldnt mind an undisputed champion holding a 2nd belt, being the BMF, but at a different division.
Then that belt becomes totally meaningless and can't change divisions anymore they won't ever have them just defend the BMF belt. For that belt to have any purpose it has to stay separate from the real belts.

I don't get why so many MMA fighters act like spoiled divas? It's an increasing trend and I don't even see what the purpose of it is as the fans basically all hate you and hope that you lose. It's one thing if you are Connor or even (vomit) Colby where it is arguably part of your shtick, but wouldn't you gain more fans by saying you'll fight anyone anywhere any time and you are the toughest hombre on earth? People freaking love those kids of guys (Chuck, Gathje, even GSP). Or are that many people reacting to idiotic comments on Twitter that it's worth it to write nonsense all day?

I legit don't get it. If i was the UFC even I'd be saying that Toporia should stfu and he'll fight the top contender or be stripped.

I don't get why so many MMA fighters act like spoiled divas? It's an increasing trend and I don't even see what the purpose of it is as the fans basically all hate you and hope that you lose. It's one thing if you are Connor or even (vomit) Colby where it is arguably part of your shtick, but wouldn't you gain more fans by saying you'll fight anyone anywhere any time and you are the toughest hombre on earth? People freaking love those kids of guys (Chuck, Gathje, even GSP). Or are that many people reacting to idiotic comments on Twitter that it's worth it to write nonsense all day?

I legit don't get it. If i was the UFC even I'd be saying that Toporia should stfu and he'll fight the top contender or be stripped.

It gets fans thirsting to see them fight. It's no different than playing hard to get.

Then that belt becomes totally meaningless and can't change divisions anymore they won't ever have them just defend the BMF belt. For that belt to have any purpose it has to stay separate from the real belts.
Anderson and Conor had non title fights while champions, Conor lost one of those beforw going for the 2nd non title fight at a different division while champion, those fights could had a gimmicky belt attached to them, point is to not unify it with a divisional belt.

Might have been mentioned already but when Masvidal won the BMF belt, it was not up for grabs against Usman in his next fight which was only for the WW Championship... If they allowed it for Max vs Topuria then I would have to consider the lineal BMF Belt Champ...
AcyM2U.gif

Anderson and Conor had non title fights while champions, Conor lost one of those beforw going for the 2nd non title fight at a different division while champion, those fights could had a gimmicky belt attached to them, point is to not unify it with a divisional belt.
Anderson did that once and Conor never defended his belts and didn't seem like he was going to anyway, they had Nate fight him on short notice and it backfired. Anderson and Conor especially transcended the sport in their popularity. You're talking about things that are extremely unlikely to happen as if they are normal or common. Unifying the BMF belt with a real championship belt would just cause more problems for no benefit.

I don't see the UFC allowing a champion to jot fight for a belt anytime soon, like probably not even in the next 10 years unless someone else transcends the sport which I find unlikely since there's only been like 4 or less of those guys in the 30+ years the sport has existed.

UFC has been doing more gimmicky stuff since WME bought them but I think people are getting tired of champions not defending their belts so the idea of a champion fighting but not defending is going to start pissing people off. Like Tapouria for example is becoming very unpopular with his diva behavior.

Last edited:
Back