Media "I'm coming" - Bo Nickal

Why would he be fighting green fighters with more upside? Those fighters could, potentially, become good or even great fighters themselves.

And even those fighters would need to beat fighters in the UFC to establish themselves - or to make them worthy opponents for Bo. Which is yet another reason for the UFC to keep fighters with records like 13-9 or 4-2 around.

Typically fighters like Bo have to beat other green prospects with legit upside just to get signed to the UFC. It's part of fighting, how it works, they're imperative matchups to let guys know where they really are and to prove something. Fighting guys with bad records and clear ceilings who he's a 12 to 1 favorite against is a little absurd, there's a middle ground.

Bo needs to calm down, believing in his own hype way too much.

TFighting guys with bad records and clear ceilings who he's a 12 to 1 favorite against is a little absurd, there's a middle ground.

He absolutely should be fighting fighters with "clear ceilings", that's an obvious way to keep him on his track to stardom, which is the point of signing him in the first place.

And the guys he's fighting doesn't have "bad" records - they've both beat guys in the UFC, have (I believe) winning records in the UFC. They haven't got bad records if you aknowledge what they're there for: To be stepping stones.

He absolutely should be fighting fighters with "clear ceilings", that's an obvious way to keep him on his track to stardom, which is the point of signing him in the first place.

And the guys he's fighting doesn't have "bad" records - they've both beat guys in the UFC, have (I believe) winning records in the UFC. They haven't got bad records if you aknowledge what they're there for: To be stepping stones.

Yes, I'm aware, I just think he shouldn't have been signed so early if that was the case. Other talented prospects, even Rinya Nakamura who has BETTER WRESTLING ACHIEVEMENTS was forced to fight LEGITIMATE prospects with upside and better competition than Bo to get signed to the fucking UFC.

Far from it. Pickett is 2-5 and Gore is 1-2.

Hopefully Adesanya has the balls to face him and doesn't duck him

Lol .

Bo Nickels ain't doing shit to Izzy...

He might want to learn what an arm triangle is before saying things like this....

Ohh an ..nutshot

Yes, I'm aware, I just think he shouldn't have been signed so early if that was the case. Other talented prospects, even Rinya Nakamura who has BETTER WRESTLING ACHIEVEMENTS was forced to fight LEGITIMATE prospects with upside and better competition than Bo to get signed to the fucking UFC.

The UFC probably signed him early out of fear of him getting signed by other orgs. Which is perfectly fine, that's good business strategy, just as it's good business stratedy to keep "low level" fighters around for potential stars to build there name on.

I don't think we're getting further, was great having this talk (unironically).

Yeah, Izzy ducking someone is the last thing you need to worry about

I’ve been saying this for a while now, Izzy doesnt get nearly enough respect for his constant activity and how he never pulls out of fights. Some guys become champs and fight once a year against cherrypicked opponent, hes constantly fighting top contenders multiple times a year

The UFC probably signed him early out of fear of him getting signed by other orgs. Which is perfectly fine, that's good business strategy, just as it's good business stratedy to keep "low level" fighters around for potential stars to build there name on.

I don't think we're getting further, was great having this talk (unironically).

Yeah, I understand and have explained everything you're saying to me, it's besides the point. To me, I see guys like Cameron Saaiman and Rinya Nakamura who are the same age or younger with similar experience, shit Rinya started his MMA career after the 2020 trials losing in the finals to Otoguro, same age as Bo too. These guys are fighting SIGNIFICANTLY better opponents on the contender series and road to the UFC.

Bo is inexperienced but he also is wealthy, has an elite background in wrestling and can center entire training camps and teams at elite gyms around himself while guys like Gore and Pickett despite being in the UFC cannot even afford nor are important enough to do that. Plus Bo is almost 4 years into his MMA training now, he began in 2019 but didn't fight until after coming up short in the trials.

Cain was similar, his 3rd and 4th pro fights were in the UFC and he was already fighting 10-1 type guys then. Just saying Bo is being mollycoddled to the extreme, even 18 year old Rosas Jr didn't get this kind of favoritism. It's a bit weird and then when Bo talks big it's just super cringe. Bo isn't young at 27 either, he can't fight the 12 to 1 underdogs forever.

Of course they signed him so other promotions wouldn't, Bellator woulda been all over that. Damn shame Bo gets such amazing privilege over non American fighters though, fuck Rinya.

Yeah, I understand and have explained everything you're saying to me, it's besides the point. To me, I see guys like Cameron Saaiman and Rinya Nakamura who are the same age or younger with similar experience, shit Rinya started his MMA career after the 2020 trials losing in the finals to Otoguro, same age as Bo too. These guys are fighting SIGNIFICANTLY better opponents on the contender series and road to the UFC.

Bo is inexperienced but he also is wealthy, has an elite background in wrestling and can center entire training camps and teams at elite gyms around himself while guys like Gore and Pickett despite being in the UFC cannot even afford nor are important enough to do that. Plus Bo is almost 4 years into his MMA training now, he began in 2019 but didn't fight until after coming up short in the trials.

Cain was similar, his 3rd and 4th pro fights were in the UFC and he was already fighting 10-1 type guys then. Just saying Bo is being mollycoddled to the extreme, even 18 year old Rosas Jr didn't get this kind of favoritism. It's a bit weird and then when Bo talks big it's just super cringe. Bo isn't young at 27 either, he can't fight the 12 to 1 underdogs forever.

Of course they signed him so other promotions wouldn't, Bellator woulda been all over that. Damn shame Bo gets such amazing privilege over non American fighters though, fuck Rinya.
Bo has 1 fight in the UFC , what are you going on about?

Bo has 1 fight in the UFC , what are you going on about?

That most fighters have to beat far better competition than Pickett and Gore to even get signed to the UFC in the first place. Dude had 2 spoon fed bus station opponents on the contender series and now he's being handfed the worst of the MW roster where he'll be a 12 to 1 favorite in his first two UFC fights. I then used parallels of Rinya and Cain who had wrestling backgrounds and crossed over was similar amounts of experience that are now in the UFC and they had to fight much better competition by their 4th and 5th pro fights. It's a little unfair he gets main card spots on PPVs and mini documentaries and whatnot. It's a business I get it, I can vent it's a forum.

I'd just rather see him fight other green fighters with more upside, I see that as more of a test. Kinda like Raul Rosas Jr vs Christian Rodriguez tonight, they had similar records and amounts of pro experience. These are literally bottom of the barrel guys for the UFC, they aren't top 50 MWs, they don't have potential to ever reach a top 20-30 rank, their records are awful. These are -1000 squash matches.

So pretty much similar match making as Khamzat had in UFC. Not sure why there is such a fuzz when Bo does it and he’s much newer to mma than what Khamzat was.

Maybe Bo should get some ranked wins before he starts ejaculating anywhere.

Back