Im gonna give it to you straight, no beating around the bush

That's really good to hear; I'm glad everyone figured it out in the long run before it was too late. I wanted so much to help my mother as a child, it haunts me but addiction plus depression is really a lethal duo.

Have you dated anyone with dependency issues? Or any strong traits you can link back to who your mother was during your childhood.
Yes, you're right. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sorry to hear that dude. The thing is, you were just a kid. What could you of REALLY done? It is to bad you feel like that because parents are supposed to be there for you, and not vice versa. Doesn't always happen that way now does it?

My current girlfriend suffers from anxiety, and mild depression (thats what I would call it anyways). She has been having a very hard time as of a year ago. She is currently in therapy. Before dating her I would of said that Anxiety is just a state of mind and can be easily fixed if you just change the way you look at things. Now I know that is not the case. I don't hold her anxiety against her though, her positives far outweigh her anxiety and depression problems. And I don't see my mom in her at all.. but then again I don't see my mom in anyone except for my oldest sister.

You mind if I suck that dick for 20,000 likes?

Yes, you're right. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Sorry to hear that dude. The thing is, you were just a kid. What could you of REALLY done? It is to bad you feel like that because parents are supposed to be there for you, and not vice versa. Doesn't always happen that way now does it?

My current girlfriend suffers from anxiety, and mild depression (thats what I would call it anyways). She has been having a very hard time as of a year ago. She is currently in therapy. Before dating her I would of said that Anxiety is just a state of mind and can be easily fixed if you just change the way you look at things. Now I know that is not the case. I don't hold her anxiety against her though, her positives far outweigh her anxiety and depression problems. And I don't see my mom in her at all.. but then again I don't see my mom in anyone except for my oldest sister.

Nothing I was powerless and that's just the worst place to be; not only because she had to suffer but because her behavior absolutely destroyed everything around her. She's quit everything but the bottle, albeit wine/beer, but even forty years later she's still on it daily and refuses to admit it's a problem. I guess her doing it late at night in her chair while watching TV doesn't really hurt anyone anymore but it's horribly painful for me to see.

I'm happy to hear you've found someone you really like. Does being able to help your girlfriend overcome her aliments give you some sense of comfort or closeness with her? How does it make you feel about the relationship as a whole?

Ok .... so who built the pyramids and what was their purpose ?
<{ziddy1}>

Nothing I was powerless and that's just the worst place to be; not only because she had to suffer but because her behavior absolutely destroyed everything around her. She's quit everything but the bottle, albeit wine/beer, but even forty years later she's still on it daily and refuses to admit it's a problem. I guess her doing it late at night in her chair while watching TV doesn't really hurt anyone anymore but it's horribly painful for me to see.

I'm happy to hear you've found someone you really like. Does being able to help your girlfriend overcome her aliments give you some sense of comfort or closeness with her? How does it make you feel about the relationship as a whole?

Crazy man. I always thought that my mother would eventually get to old to be an addict anymore, being too tough on her body and all. Yeah, she has stopped now (2 years) but I could see her relapsing again, it wouldn't be that extraordinary too me but hopefully it doesn't come to that point. Are you surprised your mom didn't outgrown that addiction?

Yeah it definitely brings us together, I wouldn't say I am helping her overcome her anxiety/depression but I am there to support her a long the way; which in a sense probably helps her overcome it. I also realize how lucky I am to be mentally stable.. alot of people seem to be very fragile mentally these days. I am also realize how important my mental stability is for her overall well being. She depends on me emotionally, I think.

Ok .... so who built the pyramids and what was their purpose ?
<{ziddy1}>

It is very incredible how far you can get with sheer man power. So I would have to go with the old Egyptian slave answer.

It is very incredible how far you can get with sheer man power. So I would have to go with the old Egyptian slave answer.
So in your opinion , it were the Egyptians slaves that built pyramids in literally every continent ?
Nevermind .... So, your in the Army. SFs?

Crazy man. I always thought that my mother would eventually get to old to be an addict anymore, being too tough on her body and all. Yeah, she has stopped now (2 years) but I could see her relapsing again, it wouldn't be that extraordinary too me but hopefully it doesn't come to that point. Are you surprised your mom didn't outgrown that addiction?

Yeah it definitely brings us together, I wouldn't say I am helping her overcome her anxiety/depression but I am there to support her a long the way; which in a sense probably helps her overcome it. I also realize how lucky I am to be mentally stable.. alot of people seem to be very fragile mentally these days. I am also realize how important my mental stability is for her overall well being. She depends on me emotionally, I think.

Yes, I did think there was going to be this magical period like you'd see in a movie where "Five Years Later" is printed on the bottom of the screen and everything would be resolved. Life isn't like that though. And I know first hand that even controlling your eating habits as someone with an addictive personality is very hard. I'm seven years down the road since I decided I needed to get my weight in check and I'm still overweight. It hurts because I see her in me and every reason I was told my father was a POS of I can feel in my blood.

I wonder if your relationship success with your girlfriend succeeds in empowering you where you weren't as a child. Don't answer that, just think about it. Good luck my friend. Have a good night.

Enjoy the thread and the AV. But the real question is how nice were those 6th grade titties you saw for kissing your friend?

it's 1230 am my dog is at the door wanting me to take him out and play with the flirt stick. should I ?

@13 others who is hotter, Angie Varona of Alexandra Daddario?
<36>

images

Right now I am about 8.5/10 happy. Dating a great girl since three years, living in a nice place, stable job with great beneifts, speak two languages (this is new, been in Quebec for 5 years now) and overall mental health is A1. I would be this happy without all those things anyways. I am rarely depressed, my father taught me some excellent life skills (I guess you could call it) when it comes to mental health.

Where do you live in Québec ? I study in Montréal and spend my weekends in Quebec City, it's my home town.

How many hogs could fuck your mother before she passes out ?

does that mean you're going straight to beating the meat?

Back